Five

Friends.

Back in Exo dorm, Kyungsoo can’t sleep as Lay fainted in the toilet with bloods everywhere. He had clean up all the mess and joined Chanyeol at the living room after that. Chanyeol decided to take a nap few minutes later. Kyungsoo also wanted to do the same as he hates to drown into the silence alone. But he couldn’t. So he walked into his room to wake Kai up.

Kai was there, snoring on his bed. He wrapped himself in his thick comforter as usual. Kyungsoo turned the light on and Kai just growled for sudden light greeted his eyes. Kyungsoo forced him to wake up. “Aish, I’m sleepy hyung!” Kai whined. He tried so hard to escape from Kyungsoo with his eyes closed.

“Kai ah, wanna accompany me?” Kai woke up as soon as he heard Kyungsoo’s tone was weird. His eyes were partially opened. He got up slowly and faced Kyungsoo. “I can’t sleep.” Kyungsoo stated.

Kai squirmed, feeling cold. “What time is now?”

“3.00 am.”

“And you can’t sleep?” Kai can’t handle his feeling when he saw Kyungsoo’s round eyes were on him.

“Okay okay! I’ll get up!”

Kai then went into the toilet to wash his face and brush his teeth. He couldn’t believe it he just slept for only 4 hours then got awake by weird Kyungsoo. As he stepped out from his room, he saw Chanyeol, the giant slept on the couch with his arm on his forehead. Kyungsoo was in the studio room, since he saw a glimpse of light at the other side of the door.

Kai closed the door, sitting with both his knee on the couch, facing Kyungsoo who was busy tapping the piano.

“Do you know Shin Seunghoon’s sunbaenim song that I like?” Kyungsoo asked while tapping the piano to the melody of his favorite song.

“That Invisible Love?” Kai replied, shortly and not that interested.

“Want me to sing lullaby to you?” Kyungsoo offered. Kai just gave sign to Kyungsoo to go ahead. Kyungsoo began to

 

There are so many things I should not love

And that’s make me feel even sadder

The saddest one of all this is you who do not love me

I didn’t asked you to stay by my side

But you don’t have to leave, I will love you invisibly

Although I’m too hurt to let you see my tears

Yesterday because of love, today because of separation

I cried with my smiling face, right?

The reason behind my tears is the yearning that I should bear for tomorrow

 

 

Kai was overwhelmed with Kyungsoo’s voice. He can’t sleep while Kyungsoo sang the song, but he was listening to the words, each words that delivered beautifully by him. It kept coming into his heart. “Are you sad, hyung?” He asked while starring at Kyungsoo who was frozen at the piano.

“Are you crying?” Kai asked, when he saw Kyungsoo wept the tears using his hands. Kyungsoo smirked when he heard Kai’s question.  “I’m just felt weird.” He said.

Kai stretched his hand up in the air, “Why?”

“How long would we stay together?”

“Oh please hyung. You know we’ll be together.”

“Somehow, the farewell will come right?”

“Do I need that ‘goodbye’ word in my life?”

Kyungsoo faced Kai after he surely knew that his eyes weren’t red anymore. “What if?”

Kai just ignored. He felt so weird when Kyungsoo acted that way. Kai doesn’t want to ask him why he cried, because Kyungsoo still had the walls, the barrier around people. And he surely knows Kyungsoo wouldn’t answer him when he asks why he cried.

“Where’s Duizhang?” Kai asked. He stood up from his seat and walked to the door. “I don’t see Yixing hyung and Suho hyung either.”

Kyungsoo tapped the piano again. “They went to the hospital.”

Kai didn’t blinked when he showed his shocking face to Kyungsoo “Why why why? What’s wrong?”

 

****

 

“I’m sorry but we need to hospitalize your friends for further treatment.” Said the nurse that organized the admission of Lay when Kris brought him to the hospital with his back. Suho already slept on the chair, with his arm crossed.

“So Mr. Wu, you need to fill up this form for us to precede his admission.” The nurse gave him a piece of paper and a pen. Kris walked away and took a sit next to Suho. He glanced at Suho and saw his head frequently nearly dropped.

“Aish,” He sighed. He sat next to Suho until their shoulder touched to each other. Later on, He gently used his hand to force Suho’s head to land on his broad shoulder. He began to fill up the form for few minutes until the nurse came back.

“Mr. Wu,” she called. Kris looked up, gave the pen that he holds to the nurse. “You may see Mr. Zhang now. He’s in room 309.”

Kris nodded politely, “Thank you.”

“Bring your friend to the room. We provided a couch for him to sleep.”

Kris began to wake Suho up when he felt his shoulder was wet. Kris sighed and nagged by himself, knowing how smelly and clumsy Suho was when he slept on his shoulder. Suho rubbed his eyes slowly while looking around. Kris got up, get ready to go to Lay’s room.

“Hey hey hey! Wait for me!” Suho walked as fast as he can to catch along with Kris. He stills mumbled alone along the way. “Why are you so mad?” He asked, in confused.

Kris glared at him without saying anything. Suho doesn’t know what he did until Kris who walked in front of him, showed his wet shoulder. Suho later knows his mistake and apologized. But, it’s not easy because Kris kept showing his poker face or Suho would called it as y face to him.

Once they arrived in front of room 309’s door, Kris slides the door as slow as possible.  Suho saw Lay was sleeping with an oxygen mask on his mouth. The room was dim, with only a light was .

“Why did he wear that?” Suho asked when they began to approach Lay on his bed. Kris ignored him and took a sit on the couch.

“Wake me up when Lay get awake.”

Suho just dropped his jaws down, can’t believe that Kris immediately sleep like there’s nothing happened.