Chapter 14

Finally Met You (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Can anyone make a poster for my story?? THANK YOU :)

Michael finished eating his lunch before Jessica. He didn't do much, but he was really hungry after skipping stones with the ice princess. He slowly stood up to stretch. The sun's rays were starting to heat up the beach since it was already past noon.

Yoona eyed the boy as he stood in front of her. She did admit that he was highly desirable, he had a cute face and slender frame. She realized her cheeks heating up so she averted her gaze onto the ocean's waves.

The boy turned around to see Yoona and gave her a genuine smile.

- Thanks for the sandwiches! -

She looked up and replied, "You're welcome."

He looked at her flushed cheeks and bent down to see her more clearly.

- Are you ok? You seem a bit pink... -

Yoona touched her face, was she blushing that hard? "It's nothing...just the heat." She rationalized.

He tilted his head to the side. He was really concerned over her.

- Ok...if you say so.. -

------------------------------------

Jessica had just finished her meal and thanked Yoona for the meal.

She slowly stood up to meet Michael. She whispered something into his ear and he nodded in response.

"Ok, we're going to take a walk." Jessica said to the others.

"Ok, see you later then." Hyoyeon waved.

The two walked side by side as they walked by the shore. Yoona watched them closely as they left.

------------------------------------

Michael walked with his hands in his pockets as the waves crashed onto their sandals. It felt good to have Jessica by his side.

She looked at the boy, he seemed to be thinking a lot lately. She slowly moved her arm into his. 'It should be enough to get his attention.'

His solemn expression disappeared as a grin formed around his face. He looked at Jessica as her hair flew across her face. He stopped walking and used his hand to tuck away the hair behind her ear. 'You're so beautiful Sica.' He thought to himself. She noticed him staring so she looked into his dark brown eyes. His bangs whipped across his forehead as he returned her gaze. She really enjoyed being around him so much, it felt...magical.

He stopped walking and she stopped as well. Michael felt like being extra playful today so he typed something for her to read.

- Let's have a race. We'll run all the way to that side. -

The distance was pretty long.

- If you beat me...I'll give you a prize. -

He winked at her. The idea certainly sounded intriguing. She couldn't help but wonder what the 'prize' was.

Jessica smiled at the boy. "Ok." She said firmly.

They readied themselves before the race. She tied her hair into a ponytail.

He did a count down with his fingers. - three - two - Jessica suddenly sprinted forward before he signaled one. 'Cheater!' He thought before quickly chasing her.

---------------------------------

She knew him all to well after hearing Yoona’s story. He really should stay true to his word this time. She looked back and noticed that she had a small lead. 'Come on Jessica, you can do this!' She egged herself on to run faster.

Michael grew surprised at how fast the girl was running, she wasn't like this before. Where did she get this energy? He attempted to run faster.

At first the distance seemed long, but at the speed Jessica was going at she was almost there. She just hoped that something wouldn't mess her up like if she tripped at the last second.

Michael increased his pace to catch up with the girl. He didn't want to lose to a cheater. His feet carried him close to Jessica following her back. He watched her hair swing left and right as she ran. 'Snap out of it!' He thought to himself as he ran faster. 'You can't let her win.'

She noticed that he was starting to catch up. 'This is bad...just a few...more...seconds.' She gave the last few steps all her strength as she finished before Michael. "Yes!" She exclaimed as she huffed and puffed.

Michael came to a stop as he realized Jessica rejoicing. He slowed down to catch his breath. His hands moved to the back of his head as he approached her.

She tried to resume her normal breathing pattern as he stood across from her. They watched each other pant before she finally spoke. "So...that...prize..." She eyed him eagerly.

He took his hands off his head, and reached for his phone. He typed something in but didn't show her. His fingers slipped it back into his pocket. She started to grow anxious. Michael stood across from her and closed the gap between their bodies. She could feel his heartbeat against hers. He looked into her chocolate brown eyes as he was only inches away from her lips. His hand traced her hair as her breath blew onto his lips. As soon as she leaned in to kiss him he withdrew. He finally showed her the message.

- You cheated. So no prize for you. -

He laughed silently stepping back. Jessica was ready to pounce at him, he was such a tease! He probably wouldn't do it even if she didn't cheat.

He started to move backwards. 'I think she's angry now.' She looked at him seriously, "Y-You're such a jerk!" She yelled before coming after him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter