Chapter 8

Finally Met You (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri arrived on the rooftop as she felt the cool sea breeze whip around her face. She walked to the other side as she watched the sun completely set. The sky turned into a darker shade of blue as night approached. Her fingers reached for her phone as she quickly texted Yoona.

 

From Yuri

To Yoong

I hope this turns out well...

 

She braced herself for what would come next.

The door opened shortly, revealing Jessica. She was holding the rose and letter in one hand. Her heart raced at the sight of the boy. She stepped forward scanning the area, no one else was there besides the two of them.

She instinctively covered her chest with her arms as it was getting colder.

Yuri could feel Jessica's presence as she kept her distance. Her heart rate quickened as she knew what her best friend would ask first.

Jessica swallowed hard before summing up the courage to speak. "A-Are you the boy, the one from the dance?"

 

(A/N: Yuri is now ‘Michael’ at this point)

 

He had her back turned against Jessica.

"The masquerade dance, last Friday." The auburn haired girl had a serious tone in her voice.

He didn't respond.

"Were you the boy I danced with, the one who kissed me that night?" He still didn't reply; she was starting to grow irritated.

"Who are you?" That was her final question. If he still remained silent she was certainly going to throw a punch at him.

His lips stayed shut.

"He's Michael Kwon." Yoona called from the door.

"Michael?" Jessica renounced quietly. She recalled what her friends had told her about him. 'He was the boy that Taeyeon and Tiffany met. Michael Kwon was the person who seemed close to Yoona. He was the boy that Yoona kissed at the dance.'

She looked confused as she stared at both of them. 'What is going on?'

Yoona walked towards Jessica, she looked very serious. The boy finally turned around observing the two girls. He moved past Jessica and stood beside Yoona.

"He is the boy who you danced with last Friday. Oppa was the person who kissed you."

"I-I don't get it." Jessica looked confused than ever before.

"Oppa is a close friend of mine. He is someone who is...interested in you."

"But... Tae and Tiff said they saw you kiss him."

Michael looked away as he blushed.

"That’s right, I kissed him." She watched Jessica's expression as she continued. "It was only a formality though. To be accurate, I kissed him on his forehead for good luck before he asked you to dance unnie."

Jessica thought for a while as some parts were starting to clear up. "So, you knew who he was all along... and you didn't tell me?" Jessica started to look hurt by Yoona's actions.

"It's not like I didn't want to tell you, the timing had to be right." She spoke sincerely to her friend. "Mike oppa had to be ready."

Jessica looked at the boy, he was too quiet. He hadn't said a word at all. She walked up close to him and looked him in the eye. "Why aren't you talking? You should be the one answering my questions, not Yoong." She looked angrily at him.

No words came out of his mouth.

"Sica unnie, Mike oppa is a bit...shy." She tried to rationalize the situation.

"Shy?" 'He didn't seem that way when he asked me to dance.'

"He...uses his cell phone to communicate with new people." Michael looked at Yoona, she was really good at telling white lies.

Jessica looked at the two, that reason sounded silly. "But he can talk..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter