Chapter 7

Her Grandeur Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
♕~Chapter 7~♔

 

Rachel's POV

Class ended a while ago but I was stuck doing errands for teachers, because I was the most reliable student in the class. I was no president like Joonmyun, but I did have her fair share being those top reliable students teachers can count on.

 

Perks of being popular , probably, and pretty.

Haha, just kidding, #SorryNotSorry

Or am I sorry sorry sorry sorry?

 

Bad jokes by Rachel Park~! Badum*tssss

 

“Whew! I’m all done!” I smile to myself, admiring the work I finished. My Calculus teacher asked if I could help sort out the grades for the kids in the lower class he was teaching. Thus I was grading the Algebra 2 students’ homework. It was not a lot, but it was time consuming.

 

I packed up my stuff and was about to turn the corner but was stopped by an overly cheery voice that had a Californian accent.

 

“Like Oh My Gosh! Rachel!” Diana chirps as she waves to me tapping her shoulder. I look at person and give her a beyond obvious forced smile.

 

“Hey Diana. How are you?” I smile but all I want to do is to leave the school already. I am so freaking tired, and talking to Diana was the last thing on my agenda. I have never gotten good vibes from the girl, although she did sound happy every timeI talked to her, or whenever Diana would talk to me.

 

“Like totally rad! And like Oh My God. What you like did in the cafeteria today. Like, total gutsy! Like it was totally Oh My Gosh! Like I was totally shocked!” Diana compliments and I gave an even more forced smile, if that was even possible.

 

“Oh really? Thanks.” I  reply and my voice was oozing out sarcasm. I really did not like, more like despised talking to Diana. Like seriously. Like how do you like a person that talks like this? Ga-rosss, how can you add like to like every like part of your like sentence? So freaking irritating.

 

“Like Oh My Gosh! I like totally have to go now! I have to like meet up with someone. Like, I’ll totally see you later huh? Kay like see you later!” Diana waves off. I force myself to give the brightest smile as I sees Diana runoff.

 

Now all I want to do is to scorch my eyes, and maybe stab out my eyes a bit.

 

A painful conversation it was indeed.

 

“Rachel.” A voice calls after me as I was about to open the doors. I turn around and sees Baekhyun running after me.  I pause for a bit and wait for Baekhyun to catch up, and he’s out of breathe from what I assume,  he ran to meet me. How sweet.

 

        “Rachel…” He utters out in between his pants.

 

        “Yeah, what’s up Baekhyun?” I ask, a tad bit curious on why he’s talking to me. I mean this guy hates me for crying out loud. Except for that time when they watched A Walk to Remember. I just think it was an extremely weird night overall. Sehun was crying during the movie, then there was Joonmyun who was crying such girly tears, while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were cuddling each other in attempt to comfort each other, lastly there was Jongin being all clingy. I mentally shook my head trying to chase out the weird memories. It was a strange night indeed.

 

        “I’m… I’m sorry about during lunch… I jumped to conclusions…and…and that wasn’t cool… and it was wrong of me to do…and I shouldn’t have done that…” Baekhyun rambles on but I cannot help but giggle at his ramble. I found it rather, cute how he stumbled over his words.

 

The snappy, fierce Baekhyun stumbling over his words like he didn’t know how to make a proper sentence, and probably nervous as hell, now that was a sight to see.

 

        “It’s okay Baekhyun. I understand. Don’t worry about it okay?” I smile at Baekhyun as he looks up and sees my smile. It’s one of the most genuine smiles he had ever seen in his life. “Well, I’m heading out, you heading out too?” I ask and Baekhyun just nods automatically.

 

Baekhyun and I  head out. Baekhyun opens the door for me, letting me go first. I thank him and turn to him as he closes the door. He looks at me, and past me, his eyes widen he sees something.

 

Baekhyun without thinking pulls me in for a hug, her face hitting his chest as we stay in that position for a while.

 

I am now utterly stunned by Baekhyun’s sudden actions, and it’s quite  weird.

 

Why is Baekhyun suddenly hugging me?

 

But, it’s not that bad…

 

After a couple minutes Baekhyun pulls away, looking away from me, hiding his face with his hand. I am still stunned by his actions and looks at the flustered Baekhyun.

 

        “Sorry… um, I have to go…see you…” Baekhyun bolts down the steps, out the gates and down the street. I  watch him run away, now completely confused by him.

 

Why is he so mysterious? I  thinks to myself seeing Baekhyun run away like he did something wrong. It’s not like I hated the hug. In fact, I guess you could say I  kind of enjoyed it. Is he some sort of secret agent like James Bond?  Does he like his drinks shaken, not stirred? my bad jokes comments in my mind, and I start chuckling a bit at my own clever thoughts.

 

My goodness gracious Rachel. You should do standup comedy.

 

Yes, yes, maybe I shall.

    

“Rachel?” Jongin asks tapping my shoulder when he sees me laughing to herself quietly as she stares off into the distance.

 

Oh gawd. He probably thinks I’m uncool and weird. Abort the plan! Where’s my secret car where I can make my getaway!

 

Jongin had just finished his duties for detention. He was caught sleeping in class and his AP Calculus teacher was angry with him for sleeping, thinking it was rude. Jongin however didn’t think it was rude because he stayed up all night doing AP Calculus homework, so he thought it was fair. His teacher deprived him of sleep, so he’ll sleep in his class.

 

But in reality, teachers have a different way of thinking.

 

“Oh.” I turn around surprised to see Jongin standing there. How long was I standing here? I think to myself.  “Jongin, what are you doing here? Did you have work to do?” I  ask but he shook his head in response.

 

“Detention. I slept in my AP Calculus class so my teacher decided for me to pay off my detention was to correct the regular Calculus class’s homework.” Jongin explains and looks over at me. “By the way, you got problem five completely wrong. But don’t worry, I’ll help you anytime with your homework.” Jongin grins ear-to-ear ruffling up my  hair.

 

“I’m not a pet Jongin, you don’t need to rub my head. And you better help me with my math homework now, even though you called me a pet.” I pout looking at Jongin, looking like a little puppy to Jongin. Jongin did not think it helped my case of not looking like a pet.

 

“Don’t worry, you’re a cute pet, and of course I’ll totally help you.” Jongin laugh echoes throughout the empty schoolyard and I  laugh along with him.

 

His laugh is so pure and innocent. It was a different change compared to this image he carried in school being a playboy. Maybe, he was not even a playboy at all! He was just an adorable and cute boy, who just radiated a y aura, and was secretly a walking god.

 

Two completely ends of the spectrum. Maybe... I’ll just have to get to know him better to figure out which side of the spectrum he lies on.

 

“Heading home?” Jongin asks once he calms down from his laughing fit and looks at me, shaking him out of my thoughts.

 

Oh gawsh. I just turned into a fangirl. Ga-rossss .

 

“Oh, yeah I was…” I trail off remembering that I  was supposed to walk home with Baekhyun, but he ran off like the wind. He probably received a mission from headquarters and had to head off to Britain immediately.

 

“Oh, cool. I’ll walk you home. But want to grab a bite first?” Jongin asks and I reply with a shrug of the shoulders.

 

“Sure, that sounds good.”

 

♕~~~~~~♔

 

 

Jongin and I arrive at fast food restaurant. Jongin orders two cheeseburgers, a large fries and a large soda. However, I  on the other hand only orders a small fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter