You're no good

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The senior writer and Eunyoung stood before Pop Flick’s editor-in-chief, facing the music.

 

“What do you mean we don’t have a makeup artist for the cover shoot tomorrow?” Youngwoon wasn’t the type to raise his voice. He didn’t need to, everything was conveyed through his gruff tone.

 

The senior writer, Minah wasn’t going to bear any responsibility, “I told Eunyoung to book Yoona,”

 

One didn’t not speak up against your seniors at work – that was the unspoken rule and Eunyoung wasn’t prepared for the consequences of breaking that rule. Youngwoon may have been the top man but Eunyoung’s day-to-day interaction was mainly with Minah. It had slipped Minah’s mind to give her charge an alternative makeup artist when Eunyoung told her that Yoona was unavailable. Until both of them realised too late.

 

Even with her head down, Eunyoung could feel Youngwoon’s laser stare boring into her.

 

“I’ve no time to point fingers. I don’t care whose fault it is. Whatever both of you do, there has to be a makeup artist at tomorrow’s shoot.”

 

“Eunyoung, you settle this,” said Minah, in a low voice, once they walked out of Youngwoon’s office, obviously intending to leave the intern in the lurch.

 

Before the younger girl could protest, the senior writer stormed off as though she had every right to.

 

Faced with a crisis in her hands, Eunyoung tried to keep her panic at bay. Another fellow intern passed her the contacts of other makeup artists but her request was too last minute and at 8pm that night, she still had not managed to secure someone for the shoot.

 

A shoot without a makeup artist was paramount to a car without gas.

 

That’s when she started to panic. All the hard work she had done at Korean Press would go down the drain because of one nonsense incident that wasn’t entirely her doing.

 

“What’s wrong, Eunyoung?”

 

Hunched over in her seat, the intern had been fighting back the tears by biting her lower lip. Given the situation, the sight of Seunghyun was comforting.

 

“I’m going to fail my internship.”

 

Before she could finish sharing what happened with the advertising manager, he had scooped her into his arms. The floodgates burst open when he kissed her forehead gently like how he always would when she was upset.

 

“What a .” But a problem like this couldn’t faze Choi Seunghyun. Within seconds, he had whipped out his phone and was making calls. Eunyoung watched amazed - the man was obviously in his element and a world of difference from the king of the local high school. He was suave and firm, even with flippant, temperamental makeup artists.

 

With a flirtatious voice that the girl had never heard before, Seunghyun smiled as he said, “Thank you so much, darling. I will buy you dinner. Venue, your choice. So see you tomorrow!”

 

The smile remained on his face even when he reverted to his normal tone, “Leo will do the shoot tomorrow. I’ve sent you his number, could you text him the details?”

 

“Leo? Like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter