Nightmares abound

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes shot open, the sound of sirens fading away in the background. Did an ambulance or police car just pass by or was the ringing noise residue from the dream? The thumps from Eunyoung’s quick beating heart echoed through her ears and the room – distinctly audible due to the sudden resultant silence.

 

Rolling to sit up, a bead of cold sweat slipped from her brow. A touch confirmed that her back was soaked through wet.

 

The last time she had been haunted by this same nightmare was years ago. Bad dreams all centred around Seunghyun would wreck havoc on the young woman’s REM every night during her initial move to the States. Sometimes crying herself awake, nothing seemed to make them go away. When Kevin entered the picture, he weaselled his way to snuggling together on her double bed but the nightmares still continued. Until her whimpering woke him up at 3am for nights in a row did Kevin manage to coax the source out of his then-girlfriend. Miraculously immediately after, Eunyoung had her first good sleep through and the dreams ceased. Perhaps it was Kevin’s comforting presence or finally getting over Seunghyun – it was anyone’s guess. She definitely didn’t give it another thought ever.

 

Except now the dream was back with a vengeance. 

 

And the woman was wide awake with her heart and mind racing at 3am again. It didn’t take a genius to figure out why she had the nightmare, in fact, she would have thought the bad dreams would have re-surfaced earlier after that fateful meeting at Creme.

 

that Choi Seunghyun.

 

The silver lining was that the time then in LA was a decent 10am. Pulling her nightshirt over her head, Eunyoung reached for the robe lying on the floor while the mobile phone rang.

 

“Amber, are you drunk?” Kevin had a pleasant voice, almost too sweet to be masculine, but hearing it through the speaker instantly calmed her down.

 

Voices in the background piped her interest. “Kev, who’s there with you?” Upon listening harder, the voices were distinctly female.

 

“Hang on, let me take this outside.” Rustling sounds followed her best friend’s movement.

 

Completely wide awake now, Eunyoung wondered what she was interrupting. “You don’t have to do that. I’ll call you later.”

 

“Since when were you polite? Anyway, you are more important.”

 

Wrapping herself in the fluffy robe, Eunyoung recognised that she would never regret being in love with Kevin Woo. The Korean American was truly an angel.

 

“I had a nightmare.”

 

Kevin took a loud deep breath before replying. “Are you alone? Where’s Seungri?”

 

“Of course I’m alone. Why should he be here? It’s 3am.” 

 

“But he’s your boyfriend. He’s supposed to be there for you.”

 

Happy they weren’t on Skype so Kevin couldn’t see her roll her eyes, Eunyoung sighed. She already had Kevin, there was no need to rely on someone else. 

 

“He’s not that kind of boyfriend.”

 

Eunyoung actually had not pinpointed what kind of boyfriend Seungri was although the joker had actually exceeded her expectations when it came to being thoughtful. What Kevin didn’t know was she had been avoiding GDragon’s manager for a few weeks since the Choi Seunghyun incident. Seungri had been good with following up and even sending flowers to the office, although his enthusiasm had waned in the past few days, which was the direction Eunyoung was steering their so-called relationship towards. The last person the woman wanted to depend on Seungri. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter