Thank you for loving me

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so terrible. I have a new Amber story! This time, Kevin Woo is the main man. As unlikely as it is, perhaps you guys can humour me? http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1145438/be-my-baby-amber-amberliu-fxband-kevin-kevinwoo-ukiss-kevber

___

 

Her appetite was the first to go.

 

When Eunyoung played around with her dinner as she found herself unable to swallow the mouthful of rice after sprinting home from Auntie Choi’s, behaving as though with an ex-boyfriend didn’t just happen, she suddenly recalled losing any need for subsistence when she left Korea that very first time. The pounds naturally shed off and the then-Eunyoung was almost skeletal until Kevin barged into her world.

 

History had a nasty way of repeating itself.

 

Mrs Liu was understandably upset when the younger daughter announced that her intention to cut short the visit home. Giving her mother a tight hug with the most apologetic front, Eunyoung cited urgent work as an excuse, throwing in some aegyo for good measure - the woman didn’t need to feel bad about another thing.

 

There was no other way around it - she had cheated. Guilt gnawed at her stomach. She couldn’t hang around, in case Seunghyun came around. It wasn’t as though he couldn’t find her in Seoul but acting normal with her family around would be impossible.

 

Bundled on the earliest train back to Seoul the next morning, Eunyoung hugged herself, eyes glazed into the rays of dawn. Forgetting the time, she sent a text message to Seungri.

 

Let’s meet up when I get back?

 

Coming clean with Seungri was the right thing to do.

 

GD has a concert in Japan in the next few days. I’ll see you then.

 

Despite herself, Eunyoung couldn’t help rolling her eyes when she saw the long list of emoticons that followed his message. Seungri must be really bored, wherever he was. Unwittingly having bought some time, she wondered how to settle this matter.

 

When she kissed James back in university, Kevin had given her an easy way out. He had reasoned that her actions stemmed from an unconscious want to be free and single. No confrontations or blame game even though she had been guilty as hell.

 

Except now, it wasn’t just a stupid kiss. And not with some random boy from Economics lecture who she played basketball with. It was the devil himself, Seungri’s friend, boss and namesake. A bout of incredulous yet nervous laughter overcame the woman when Seungri revealed his real name. How she end up with another boyfriend named Seunghyun was beyond her.

 

Deep down, she recognised that ending things with Seungri was the best way to have a clean break from Seunghyun.

 

If only Eunyoung didn’t like the joker so much. Like moss, he was growing on her fast. Although the woman hadn’t totally thoroughly fallen into love with Seungri - yet. He was making a strong case.

 

But their relationship would always have Choi Seunghyun in the shadows.

 

What was one to do in a ed up situation like this? Normally, she would go straight to Kevin for advice except in this scenario, she couldn’t. Eunyoung couldn’t care less who judged her except for her nearest and dearest and she rather die than hear disappointment in her best friend and ex-boyfriend’s voice when he learnt of what had transpired.

 

The last person she couldn’t lie properly to, even if it was over the phone, was Kevin. In the few rare times since she had first known the man, Eunyoung avoided his calls.

 

I’m home! So hungover (partied on the plane) but I want to see you.

 

Seungri’s enthusiasm made her feel bad. Eunyoung wasn’t the sort to drag her feet to the inevitable, might as well face the music as soon as possible.  Besides the bout of insomnia coupled with loss of appetite, her concentration at work was all over the place. The editor hated to admit that a man - make that two men - could reduce her to this unfocused, almost unprofessional individual. When Hani spotted a glaring mistake in a cover line that the editor should have corrected when sub-editing, Eunyoung knew that the moping needed to end immediately. If that typo had gone to print and appeared on the cover of every January issue on the stands, she would have shot herself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter