Bounce to it

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you are telling me that GD&Top won’t give us an exclusive if I send a writer for the interview?”
 
One look at the deputy editor’s face and Eunyoung regretted her harsh tone.
 
Never one to pull her superiority at work – the woman herself hated it whenever her old bosses acted like divas – she quickly apologised. “I am sorry, Hani. This week has been just so stressful. Though that’s not an excuse to be snappy.”
 
Hani’s trademark smile returned and the deputy editor waved her hands to show that no offence was taken.
 
“And yes, we need that exclusive story so I will be interview G Dragon. Please let the record company’s PR know and also update me on the details of when this interview will happen?”
 
Settling back in behind her desk, Eunyoung wished her office’s full length windows had blinds for some privacy. Resting her head on the table for a nap now seemed like a good idea. Actually, she felt more like stomping her feet or throwing something in annoyance. Yes, GDragon was the biggest thing to emerge from Korea and yes, the man was a big deal. However, the editor liked to give rare opportunities to the young writers, in the same way she had been lucky to receive exposure when she was a writer herself. That was how she climbed up the ladder effortlessly. The young ones needed to know how to remain un-starstruck in the presence of greatness.
 
Well, it seemed that she had no choice but to do the job herself. Eunyoung couldn’t afford to lose this exclusive – she needed to prove herself at the magazine and this would be the biggest story in the year. The higher-ups would flip if any other October cover on the newsstand had GDragon besides Entertainment Plus.
 
The truth behind her easy irritability wasn’t work-related. Eunyoung was on Kevin’s blacklist.
 
Oh boy, did he let her have it. The night with Seungri had been so ridiculously fun that the woman had admittedly forgotten all about fleeing the date until her best friend Skyped her the next day. Kevin Woo was an angel, he never yelled, though Eunyoung rather he did. Instead, he dealt one of his potent guilt trips.
 
Eunyoung recalled pleading her case, “Kev, honey, you have to be fair. I waited for half an hour.”
 
“Even so, you should have had the courtesy to text Kikwang. His meeting overran but he rushed to the restaurant as soon as he could,” Kevin accused her for lacking manners.
 
True, she shouldn’t have left without a word. She had been so caught up in the moment that basic courtesy escaped her. Damn Seungri.
 
“Look Amber, I’m really disappointed with you. I don’t think we should talk for a while.” That was the last she heard from him. Kevin stayed true to his word and her calls went unanswered and apology emails not replied. This silence from his end freaked her out, rarely was her best friend this ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter