I never stay for the night

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following right behind Hani’s heels, the editor smoothed her hair, checking her reflection in any shiny surface along the way. Eunyoung guessed she looked presentable. No matter how many A-list celebrities she had met, the butterflies in her stomach never failed to materialise before any interview.

 

“Did he come with an entourage?” GDragon was a huge star and she wouldn’t be surprised if he arrived with groupies in tow.

 

“No, Amber. Just his manager and personal assistant.” She wasn’t sure what was worse to deal with, groupies distracting the interview subject or an eavesdropping manager who wanted to screen what his or her charge related to the media.

 

Bracing herself, Eunyoung took a deep breath when Hani opened the door to the hair and makeup room. Her deputy editor greeted the hair and makeup artists who then parted to reveal a slight man slumped into the chair. His charisma was unmistakable – this man may appear smaller than he did on screen yet his presence still commanded the room.

 

“Mr Kwon, thank you for coming.” The editor bowed the full 90 degrees, inwardly missing the less conservative society back in the States, “Our entire office is very excited.”

 

With a tired smile, GDragon stood up, “It’s a pleasure.”

 

“So this is your day job.”

 

A different voice spoke from behind the singer. Her line of vision drifted to the smirking blonde individual smirked, his hand in a gun gesture pointing right at her.

 

What was the man doing here? Seungri had not contact Eunyoung after the impromptu trampoline park “date” - in fact, he had not kissed her or tried any inappropriate moves even though she thought she felt a chemistry between them. Perhaps she had been mistaken, maybe he just wasn’t interested in a short-haired woman like her. Sure she would have liked to see whether his body was as tight as it appeared to be but Eunyoung didn’t give Seungri much thought. She may not be as big a player as he was but she was in the game for nothing serious. If the man didn’t care for a roll in the hay, she could always find someone else.

 

GDragon’s eyebrow rose, “I see you are acquainted with my manager.”

 

“This man is hilarious.” Eunyoung replied while wondering how obtrusive Seungri would be during the interview.

 

Turns out, the editor had nothing to worry about. The moment she whipped out her voice recorder, Seungri made a beeline out and she was left with the singer who was a seasoned pro enough to answer her questions even while getting his face painted and hair done.

 

It wasn’t every day that Eunyoung encountered a consummate professional like GDragon and she watched the pictures materialise on-screen after every shot that the photographer took later in the studio, nary one less than perfect. The man worked the camera effortlessly, better than some supermodels she had seen in action. She wasn’t one of those editors who engaged in art direction - her craft was manipulating words and she left creating visuals to the experts but she normally made it a point to sit in for cover shoots.

 

“Amazing,” muttered the editor under the breath, eyes glued to the laptop screen as the photographer snapped away.

 

“That’s what they all say,” a whisper tickled the back of neck.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter