Let's take it to another level

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where the hell did Kevin get these guys, wondered Eunyoung as she examined the menu as though it was the most interesting thing in the room instead of gawking obviously at Kikwang.

 

In an attempt to salvage the situation – yes, darling Kevin still refused to talk to her – Eunyoung had no choice but to take the initiative to ask Kikwang for a proper first date. Although no sane female would define having dinner with this man torture. She had to admit, Kevin had good taste. Kikwang was cute. Didn’t she outgrow describing males in a teenage girl manner? But the minute she met Kikwang in the flesh, there was no other better adjective to use.

 

Did it ever occur to her best friend that he could monetise his endless supply of decent and good looking friends that were wasted on one Liu Eunyoung?

 

“I want to apologise in person for not waiting the last time,” said the woman, finally making eye contact with her date seated across the table.

 

“No, it’s my fault! I wouldn’t have liked to be kept waiting so long too. I would have texted you to let you know I was going to be so late but the meeting was last minute and I left my phone at my desk.”

 

Besides good manners, Eunyoung observed that Kikwang had very white teeth. Kevin had a tendency to set her up with a certain type – the boy next door you would want to bring home to the family for Christmas – fully aware that his ex-girlfriend was prone to run wild with heartbreaker types. Except she was never truly invested to get her heart broken.

 

Because Kevin Woo himself was a decent and good looking guy. If he had appear in her life much later, the 27-year-old would marry him in a heartbeat, if he would want her. Her mother would definitely approve of the Korean American. Except they weren’t fated in that way, at least not now, and Kevin resorted to playing matchmaker. On the converse, she wasn’t involved in her ex-boyfriend’s love life. Whenever he played house with some girl, Eunyoung dropped out from his life. It was a selfish, childish way of thinking – she didn’t like that she couldn’t have her best friend all to herself.

 

Kikwang was an architect. A fine 30-year-old with a good job and no girlfriend? Something must to wrong with him, decided Eunyoung. She did however like the man enough to go for a second date – even though they had only just ordered and not that he would ask – but she wasn’t looking for anything serious. Therefore she needed to find an excuse when Kevin came down hard on her.

 

But tonight, the woman was in a good mood. Entertainment Plus’ October issue had gone to print, she could take a breather before the crazy mad rush of the December issue that was prepared concurrently with November’s. From the corner of her eye, she had caught a female diner checking Kikwang out, only reaffirming that her date was at least physically, very eligible. Plus, Kevin had finally broken his silence after she informed him through text that she had proactively asked Kikwang out. It felt great to be out of the doghouse.

 

The phone buzzed impatiently next to the cutlery, clamouring for her attention. Seungri’s name danced on the screen and Eunyoung wished she had left the mobile in her bag. It had been a week since their night together. Honestly, she wouldn’t mind a repeat performance - just not tonight when she was trying to be on her best behaviour. Eunyoung had every intention ignore him but the man kept calling.

 

“I’m sorry, Kikwang, it seems I got to take this,” Eunyoung pointed to the offending gadget and stood up to rush outside the restaurant, cursing in her head.

 

“What is it, Seungri?” Did the man just have bad timing - Seungri had the tendency to catch her at bad times that she didn’t think twice about being curt.

 

The lazy drawl was not intimidated the least by her unwelcoming tone, “What are you up to?”

 

“I’m on a date!” hissed Eunyoung.

 

“With who?”

 

“That blind date I was supposed to go on the last time.”

 

“Ditch him, let’s go out.” Came the lazy suggestion.

 

“I can’t. My best friend will have my head. Stop being the devil’s advocate.”

 

“Aww. Don’t go home with him tonight OK?”

 

Seemed like she couldn’t shake the man off unless she fed him proper replies. “Very funny, Seungri, he’s a gentleman.”

 

“Come out with me later. The thing is, GD invited you to come to the club.” She was intrigued by all the stops that the man was pulling – just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter