In the flesh

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri: Hyungs, I’m bringing her to the club.

 

One eyebrow raised as Seunghyun read the youngest’s message in the group chat. Actually why was he surprised? Their maknae always worked fast. With the music pounding off the walls, he had to shout above the noise, flashing his phone’s screen at Daesung, “Did you guys see what Seungri sent?”

 

It was the songwriter’s turn to widen his eyes. It wasn’t unusual for the baby amongst them to be accompanied by a new female “friend” every other night but never once did he give advance notice to the guys. Excitedly, Daesung waved the phone with Seunghyun’s hand still attached to it to Jiyong who was standing, swaying to the music. A squint was followed by a look of realisation flashed on Jiyong’s face that was eerily lighted by the screen.

 

“Oh, maknae’s bringing her. She’s cool, you guys will like her,” said Jiyong, casually.

 

This nonchalance elicited the other four to pounce on the singer. Daesung shook the man, “You met her?”

 

With a shrug, the singer continued moving, “She’s an editor at one of the magazines. Seungri dumped me after the shoot for her. Seunghyunnie, I need a new manager with correct priorities.” Jiyong poked a finger at Seunghyun’s chest.

 

Daesung shook his head in mock disapproval, “He’s gone head over heels. Hos before bros.”

 

Waving over a waitress, Youngbae ordered more champagne, “Make that four magnums.” Turning to Seunghyun, the R&B star suggested conspiratorially, “The maknae has to spill all tonight.”

 

“I thought you approved the idea of Seungri falling in love!” Seunghyun passed him a tall glass.

 

His well-built friend slung an arm over his shoulders, “I do! But that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun at his expense. In fact, I’m really proud of you too.”  Youngbae recognised Seunghyun’s efforts to stop fooling around.

 

Interestingly, staying faithful had not been that big a challenge yet. Dara had insisted he tag along to all the engagement party errands – why did they even engage a wedding planner then. During these outings, Seunghyun discovered that the flask was the best invention ever made, especially when it contained Daesung’s favourite whiskey. He still flirted when they hit the town, oh boy did he flirt, but the man drank more, so much more that he simply passed out before any real hanky panky happened.

 

The group’s other friends, random girls and even some groupies crowded into small area at Cremo as the night went on. Women in their VIP booth wasn’t unusual. Jiyong and Youngbae’s star power was a chick magnet and both Seunghyuns were smooth with the ladies to a fault.

 

Seunghyun and Daesung were engaged in some complicated drinking game that involved complex division skills that basically both men were incapable of that late in the day.

 

Around them, the hooting started and in his haze of concentration to finally beat Daesung, Seunghyun picked out Seungri’s distinct voice. The man had arrived. Alas, Seunghyun lost for a fourth time and downed two shots

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter