Obligations

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are awfully quiet today, Seunghyun.”

 

Mr Park’s voice broke through the haze and the man blinked twice. Dara’s hand enveloped in his was a reminder of the location. Having skipped the last Park family dinner, it wasn’t a wise decision to pull a no-show for that night’s. Unlike the typical trophy wife, Dara’s mother had a successful career as a restaurateur that kept her busy and unconcerned with her husband’s dalliances with random women. They had gathered in a private room at one of Mrs Park’s ventures to sample a chef’s new menu creations.

 

“I apologise, sir. It’s been a busy few weeks.” GD&Top’s CEO was normally game to banter with his future father-in-law when the two met.

 

“Appa, there’s plenty on oppa’s mind.” In the public eye, Sandara Park was well sought out for her chic appearance but behind closed doors, she was a true-blue Daddy’s girl who never failed to employ her aegyo when the need arose.

 

Yes, there was a carnival running through Choi Seunghyun’s head. Since the rooftop kiss, the man had been in a right daze. Be it the iest diva or the toughest record producer, nothing much fazed the man. Except when faced with Liu Eunyoung.

 

What the possessed him to hug Eunyoung and then kiss her like that? From the moment they met again, the man had to constantly suppress the urge to hold her. The woman’s aloof attitude build an invisible wall around her that instantly crashed when she finally revealed why she had left all those years ago.

 

Apology, shame, and his need to comfort her, let him to take her into his arms. He couldn't help himself, it was all instinct. It felt so right to have the woman tight in his embrace again. She fit into the curves of his body so well, as though they were made for each other.

 

Apparently Eunyoung didn’t feel this way, even though he swore he thought she had kissed him back. When the woman forcibly pushed him off her, she might as well have slapped him – her rejection was harsh and raw.

 

Forcing himself to contribute to the conversation, the man gently disentangled his fingers and picked up his glass of wine. His fiancee didn’t think much of it and replaced her hand on his thigh instead. How different was Dara’s touch. Seunghyun didn’t love her. He liked her enough to entertain the thought of living together – of course, the foundation of their relationship was based on who her father was.

 

All along, this had been clear – especially with GD&Top’s new business direction – that the union was nothing more of a professional union, even though Dara was affectionate to Seunghyun. Sandara Park wasn’t a stupid woman. Yes, she relied on her father’s name to clinch movie roles and was well aware that the only reason why she wasn’t just a notch on Seunghyun’s bed post was pure business.

 

The man wasn’t a total though, he played along with his fiancée, making sure to nail the special occasions with flowers and gifts. He had a standing order with the florist – Dara was sent a huge bouquet of fresh flowers every two weeks. Though the CEO escaped accompanying the celebrity to work events to keep bad publicity at bay, he duitifully appeared at her arm for any private function, especially if Mr Park was in attendance. If his schedule was really clear, Seunghyun had acted as a porter for the actress on one of her shopping expeditions.

 

But Eunyoung’s return had him reconsidering the grand scheme of things. He was still in love with Liu Eunyoung – there was no doubt in his mind about that. As tempted as he was to call the wedding off, there was far too much at stake. The company, everything he and Jiyong had put into building the movie arm of GD&Top, everyone’s expectations.

 

“Is everything settled for the engagement party?” asked Mrs Park.

 

“Almost!” The actress rattled off a list of things done, Seunghyun’s insides began to churn. F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter