Gotta talk to you

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People moved on all the time, Eunyoung told herself again, still trying to process the fact that Seunghyun was going to get married. It was just a matter of time, no? After all, it’s been ages since they had dated, God knows how many hearts the man had broken since then. If he was still a scumbag, she hoped his wife-to-be was prepared. At least not kept in the dark like the fool she had been.

 

Whatever the case was, it didn’t concern her.

 

What concerned her though was how Seunghyun had managed to infiltrate her date. Thankfully, the CEO had excused himself after Seungri had shared about the former’s marital intentions. The tips of his ears had gone red – a sight that he was nervous – so why the hell had he come to dinner? To out her in front of his friend?

 

Her problem was now bounding behind, pushing the trolley, completely entranced with the furniture store. Apparently, Lee Seungri had never stepped foot into an IKEA before. The newbie was taken with how affordable everything was - “Can you believe its price” and the various household items he never knew existed.

 

This man truly had never been in a proper relationship with a female. What Eunyoung thought would be just a quick dash in and out of the store to grab some boxes, turned out to be a grand tour with her new boyfriend.

 

“You have your own home, how is it possible you have never been to IKEA?”

 

Stopping before a display of cushions, Seungri was like a kid, distracted by colourful things. “Jiyong’s interior designer did everything for me.”

 

“I’m sure you had to make some decisions like what kind of sofa …” This place was like crack, the woman herself was lured by a pink ladybug thingamajig, she could never make her way out without extras she had never knew she ever needed – like wall hangers shaped like clouds.

 

“Nope, I didn’t.” He tested out a cushion by hugging it.

 

“You were sleeping with her, weren’t you?”

 

“Bingo!”

 

She rolled her eyes good-naturedly and removed a neon yellow trash bin from the trolley – when had Seungri thrown this in? For most parts, the man was so predictable. That was what she liked about him – and also how he never seemed to hide anything from her. But then again, he could be a greater master of disguise than Seunghyun.

 

Yes, her thoughts flitted back to that other man. God knows what had possessed her to pretend she didn’t know Seunghyun. Well, she didn’t function very well when faced with a skeleton in her closet – her first instinct had been to flee, again. This approach obviously was flawed and she had created a bigger problem. Even though their relationship was based on fun – she was expecting Seungri to get tired of her soon – her character insisted she be honest with him.

 

Perhaps she should tell him now, his distraction could be to her favour. But how does one tell their current squeeze “By the way, I used to be madly in love with your much respected hyung.”? Yeah, that will certainly go down easy.

 

“So about Top …”

 

A stuffed snake hit her. “Wow, did you know they sold kid’s stuff here too?”

 

“You really need to get out more, Seungri.” Bending over, the woman picked the toy up, squashing the urge to fling it back at the man.

 

“Yes, what about Top?”

 

Suddenly, apprehension struck her. She hadn’t really thought about it in this time, with her past haunting her in the past weeks. But Eunyoung was fond of the man – it turned out that she did like Seungri a whole lot. The thing was, Kevin had been right,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter