I thought you were better than this

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m going to ing kill you, Choi Seunghyun.”

 

Before the CEO could register the threat, Seungri’s fist landed right on his right cheek. Automatically, Youngbae jumped up to grab hold of the manager before he could punch Seunghyun again. Shellshocked, Seunghyun rose too and shoved back Seungri, with a shout, “You better watch it, Lee Seunghyun!”

 

A strong grip took him at both sides of his arms. It was Daesung’s turn to stop Seunghyun from hitting Seungri. The two Seunghyun-s faced off each other, now engaged in a heated verbal argument.

 

Earlier, the youngest had called for a raincheck on that night’s whiskey session. Jiyong had casually mentioned something about Seungri being tired after Japan but Seunghyun had suspected he had gone to see Eunyoung - the maknae had been careful not to mention Amber after he found out they used to date. Overprotectiveness from Seungri was something new and Seunghyun didn’t like it one bit. So his theory was correct, Seungri had indeed met with the woman.

 

“I thought I told you to stay away from Amber!”

 

It was a first for everyone present to see Seungri so angry. Youngbae and Daesung were obviously shocked - and confused. The manager’s silver tongue managed to manage every situation, be it a diva at work or a troublesome fling in private.

 

“And I told you I wouldn’t!” Seunghyun struggled to free him arms but Daesung still had a hold on him.

 

Amidst the yelling, the door opened again. Jiyong, flanked by a bodyguard, was horrified at the present scene.

 

Unexpected remorse welled in the older Seunghyun for a split second when he caught the glitter of desperation in Seungri’s eyes - a familiar despair.

 

The rollercoaster of emotions that had been the past week and so had hit Seunghyun’s psyche harder than even Eunyoung’s return. Auntie Choi’s sudden passing had been particularly devastating to the nephew hadn’t know of her illness. The blow hit him so hard, he had dropped everything to go home - a huge deal since he didn’t even take time off when his father was scheduled for a major operation because of the merger. By a of luck, Eunyoung had travelled back to the small town too. While they had not acknowledged each other at the funeral, the grief was too much for the man who had gone to find her at the basketball court the day after. Don’t ask him how he knew where she was - time seemed to have stood still in their home town and back then, Seunghyun was basically attuned to the girl’s every move.

 

Amazingly, the woman had agreed to accompany him to clear Auntie Choi’s house where everything had unfolded and one thing had led to another. Since they were re-acquainted, Seunghyun’s furious pursuits were only harshly rebuffed by the woman. Perhaps being back in a place with so many memories stirred past emotions of a happier time and the woman probably felt the same - Eunyoung didn’t push him away. The moment he felt her melt into his embrace, his animalist urges took off.

 

However, Seunghyun was reminded that time indeed had past when he discovered how much more ually experienced the grown up Eunyoung was - he had to shove all nagging thoughts about how the woman had gained that knowledge to one side. Yet he couldn’t overlook how different the woman was in bed - almost a completely different person.

 

It turned out that the man no longer knew Liu Eunyoung like the back of his palm. He would have thought that she would simply come back to him - boy, was he so wrong. The woman did an about turn after being intimate.

 

Eunyoung simply didn’t want to have anything to do with him. Yet, just like a drug, Seunghyun just needed one taste to fall off the wagon. The wedding was not going to happen - at least not soon. Getting his head screwed on straight was pertinent and digging a bigger hole would only result in a catastrophe.

 

In the spurn of the moment, Seunghyun taunted like a bad sport, “Why are you getting so mad? It was just one night.”

 

Jiyong sighed, “No, you didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter