Truth

Your Silent Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah, well,” the doctor sighed, “I’m afraid this case is more serious than we thought.”

That had happened a few hours ago, but those words were still playing over and over in Jiyoung's mind, like a broken cassette. Seungri was still getting checked and all he could was wait outside. He wasn’t ready to hear the worst. Jiyong sighed deeply as he covered his face with his hands. He tried to remember about how Seungri’s condition had been lately. He knew that Seungri often stuttered when speaking to someone. He also remembered the radio show with Seungri—he hardly said anything there. But Yongbae said it was normal.

But now that he thought about it again, Seungri hardly saying anything wasn't normal at all!

“Kwon-sshi?” a nurse poked him. Jiyong lifted his head, “The doctor asked you to go inside.”

“Oh, thanks.” Jiyong bowed a little and followed the nurse inside the doctor’s room.

Seungri was sitting there, drinking a lot of water. Maybe all those test had tired him out. Jiyong poked Seungri’s shoulder. Seungri turned around and nodded a little. Jiyong could feel the awkwardness in Seungri’s reaction. He couldn’t avoid that. Of course Seungri would feel awkward after all of the scolding and anger and tears…

“So, doctor,” Jiyong sat down beside Seungri—and of course, Jiyong realized, Seungri had stiffened and was slowly trying to move away from him, “What's the result?”

“It’s not about the result,” the doctor answered, “we should run one last test. But well, I think it’s better if you witness it yourself.”

“There is… another test?” Seungri spoke slowly. He wanted to sleep so badly.

“Yeah, Lee-sshi,” the doctor smiled, “but I promise you it won’t take too long.”

Seungri nodded.

“So,” the doctor started with a pen in his hand, “what is your name?”

“Eh?” Seungri frowned, “Lee Seunghyun.”

“How old are you?”

“Umm… 24 this year.”

“How long have you been with Bigbang?”

“Umm… seven… or eight years? Maybe.”

“I heard Bigbang debuted in 2006, right? And that means that you debuted at 17 years old. Wow, you should be proud of yourself. You became an idol at such a young age. Can you tell me about back then?”

Seungri blinked a few times, “Uh, what?”

The doctor sighed and wrote something in his notebook. Jiyong bit his lips. This is... But he didn’t say anything.

The doctor looked at Seungri again and smiled. He asked again, faster than before, “Can you tell me about back when you first debuted?”

Seungri blinked.

“Do you understand me?” the doctor said slowly.

Seungri frowned, “Can… can you… repeat?”

“Seungri-ya…” Jiyong was becoming seriously worried.

The doctor exhaled slowly, “Can you tell me, about back when you debuted?”

“Oh!” Seungri smiled awkwardly and laughed a little—he felt weird too, “Yes.”

“Please.”

“It was… 7 years ago,” Seungri played with his fingers. Suddenly he didn’t know how to say it, “I…come… eh, came… from Gwangju. And went to YG… ”

The doctor listened to him patiently.

“I… I auditioned. Then… trainee…”

“You became a trainee?”

Seungri nodded. But he didn’t continue his story.

“And then?” the doctor asked, “But… Lee-sshi. Do you really remember about 7 years ago?”

“Of course!” How can I forget about the happiest moment I ever had? “I Just… just…”

The doctor nodded understandingly, “Okay. Let's move on,” and then he took out a book from his drawer, “Read this.”

Seungri nodded and opened the book. He felt strange again. He couldn't recognize those letters. Seungri remembered he felt like this too back when he was trying to read the script, his manager’s text, and the lyrics on screen. He could only recognise a few of the letters.

“Lee-sshi?”

Seungri pointed at the word he knew, “nae…ga?”

“Lee-sshi, why don’t you read all of them? Not just one or two of them?”

“I can’t!” Seungri stood up. He was pissed off. No, he wasn’t pissed off with the doctor. He was pissed off with himself. He felt so stupid. No, he was stupid! How could he not read? He always read everything everyday! Seungri felt his body trembling. Suddenly he was afraid. Why did this doctor run all those tests on him? Why did Jiyong look so worried? Why?

“Lee-sshi—“

“No. Enough.”

“Seungri-ya!” Jiyong warned him with a shrill voice. But the doctor gave him a look, asking him to calm down. The doctor knew that an angry Jiyong would only make things worse.

“Okay,” the doctor tried to coax Seungri, “I just want to as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter