Afraid

Your Silent Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seungri!”

Daesung was the first to enter the recording room. He approached his maknae and patted his cheek softly, “Maknae-ya?”

Yongbae entered the room in rush too, “Let’s bring him to the clinic.”

“He is so cold,” Daesung touched Seungri’s forehead, “I have a bad feeling about this, hyung. Let’s bring him to the hospital. C’mon, help me!”

“Why should he go to the hospital? Maybe he's just messed up because of his hangover,” Jiyong said through the mic, “The clinic is enough.”

Yongbae and Seunghyun gave him an annoyed look. They couldn’t believe Jiyong was still being that cold to Seungri after he'd seen him faint in front of his eyes.

“No, please,” Daesung begged his hyung, “let me bring him to hospital. Please…”

“I’ll help you, Daesung,” Yongbae decided. He lifted Seungri up and carried him out of the room without looking at Jiyong. Daesung followed his hyung and gave Jiyong a cold little bow. He closed the door, leaving Jiyong with Seunghyun.

Seunghyun, who hadn’t spoken in a while, finally stood up. “I will go too. Wanna come along?”

Jiyong just kept silent. He touched his own chest—he finally felt something wrong with all of this. The way Yongbae ignored him just now and how cold Daesung’s bow had been made him regret his actions…. A bit. And this regret wasn’t enough to make him forget his anger towards Seungri.

“No” Jiyong answered with an emotionless voice.

And with that, Seunghyun went out, slamming the door too harshly for Jiyong’s heart.

***

“He is fine. He's just very tired and has a low blood pressure, plus a light acid reflux because he hasn't eated for a long time,” said the doctor, “He will wake up in a few hours.”

“Fatigue and low blood pressure?” Seunghyun frowned, “Not an hangover, too?”

“Eh? No. His stomach hasn't been filled with anything since last night,” answered the doctor, “that’s why he's got an acid reflux. Not even a drop of alcohol was found in his body.”

Daesung closed his mouth, dumbfounded. He felt guilty right away. He had let Jiyong punch Seungri while Seungri hadn’t done anything wrong at all! But one thing he didn’t understand: why did Seungri just keep silent while Jiyong punched him like that last night? It was not Seungri’s style.

“What’s wrong, Daesung?” asked Yongbae.

“Doctor,” Daesung finally spoke, “can Seungri get checked further?”

“What do you mean?” asked the doctor.

“Seungri got into bad accident last month, Doctor,” Daesung started, “and the doctor there told us that Seungri got such a severe head injury that he ended up in a coma. But when he woke up… everything was normal. Too normal for a severe head injury.”

“We have talked about this, Daesung—“ but Yongbae was cut off by Daesung.

“But since that accident, Seungri has been acting strangely,” Daesung continued, “How can I say… he often loses his words or stutters and he hardly understands what people say. In our radio show, he kept silent and hardly said anything. And last night… well, one of my hyungs had a misunderstanding with Seungri but Seungri didn’t say anything to defend himself even though he wasn’t in the wrong at all.”

 “I've got something too,” suddenly Seunghyun spoke, “Before he fainted, we were actually recording our song. But he didn’t sing his part at all even though the lyrics were on the screen and he had listened to the song many times. I thought he had an hangover but just now you are saying he wasn’t drunk.”

The doctor thought hard about it, “Does he have any another problems beside that?”

Yongbae and Seunghyun immediately looked at Daesung. It seemed like Daesung was the one who understood Seungri the most now.

“I don’t know, but I have a bad feeling about this too,” Daesung tried to remember, “Two nights ago I called Seungri while he was in Japan. When we were in the middle of a conversation, I suddenly heard a crash so I thought his phone had fallen. He only talked to me again about five minutes later, but he was stuttering. I don’t know… I was worried.”

Yongbae and Seunghyun only sighed. They didn’t know that Seungri was having many ‘problems’ right now. They felt guilty because they hadn’t tried to understand his condition. They had been so busy with their own schedules that they forgot that one of their dongsaengs was sick.

“We will check after he wakes up,” said doctor—and his voice was very serious, almost as if he had guessed what was wrong with Seungri. “I hope he will wake up soon.”

“Thank you, Doctor.” Daesung bowed a little before the doctor left them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter