❥ "Charming"

Your BIGBANG Story - An Interactive Story

What specific trait did you say you wanted in your future husband? (Pick the trait most important to you!)

Your Answer: "Charming"

Note: Bolded is specific to your choice. Unbolded is a general opening to the scene.


You fiddled with your thumbs in your lap as you looked out of the car window and into the night sky of Seoul. With the camera mounted on the seat in front of you, it recorded every second of your seemingly endless ride to the YG entertainment building: the location where you were supposed to meet your husband-to-be for the next months.

“Ayu-sshi.” The PD spoke quietly, “how are you feeling now?” She asked, hoping to get at least some good footage out of you before the big reveal.

You turn your head slightly, making sure the good side of your face was facing the camera. “I’m so nervous.” You say and cup your hands in front of your chest, “I feel my hands shaking and I can’t stop thinking about what my husband will be like.”

“Do you have any guesses on who it might be?”

You shake your head, as your smile grows wider. “Hmm… well since we’re meeting at YG Entertainment… could it be another idol like me?” You ask curiously, even though inside you were positive about it. With all the other idol couples in the previous seasons of ‘WGM’ and the success they brought it, it wouldn’t make sense NOT to put you together with another idol. Not only that, but with an YG artist.

It is a well-known fact that it’s hard for any reality or variety shows to have YG artists as guests. Only popular shows like Running Man or Infinity Challenge would have the honor of having them, and even then that would be for one or two episodes. Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise to the entire 'WGM' staff that YG Entertainment accepted their request for one of their artists to come on the show, but from what you’ve overheard over the course of these few days of preparing for the show, YG Entertainment had accepted because they heard you had.

What better publicity than to have two idols from the two top K-Pop groups at the time “married” to each other?

“Oh!” You can’t help but exclaim your surprise when the YG Entertainment building appears in front of the car, “We are here already?” You check the time and see that it’s only 9:46 PM and you were supposed to officially meet your husband at 10 o’clock.

The car pulls to a stop along with your entire body. A sudden wave of fear rushes over you, bringing about all your insecurities in life.

‘What if he doesn’t like me?’

‘What if he is disappointed that I’m his wife?’

‘What if we start off so awkward or unfriendly and end up having to cancel the show?’

All those thoughts came at once and shook you to the core. Luckily, the camera had stopped filming as the crew began preparing the ones more fit to follow you around on foot.

You slowly unbuckled your seat belt and took in a deep breath before closing your eyes to try and calm yourself just like you’d do before every performance. The car door slides open, revealing the PD and the rest of the staff staring at you expectantly.

“Ready?” She asks in her normal tone of voice, which was your signal that the cameras weren’t on. You felt a bit of relief as you pushed yourself out of the car, feeling the heaviness of your feet.

“We came a bit early because we’d like to have you wait in this room for your husband. He’s still in the midst of working, so you’ll just have to wait for a bit.” She hands a mission card to you as you just nod.

A red flickering light catches the corner of your eye and you recognize it as the light on the camera for recording. You straighten your posture and return the smile to your face despite how bad you wanted to just turn and run.

This was it. This was going to be the first time in your life that you are meeting a man and will have a “romantic relationship” with. And it’s going to be broadcasted all over the country.

Walking through the building calmed you down slightly as you got to admire the artwork and décor of the interior, something that not a lot of people get to see. The ‘hip’ and ‘cool’ feel resonated all around you, making you feel slightly insecure with yourself as that was supposed to be your ‘image’. And yet, being here made you feel as if you were far from that.

Finally, you reached the location you were given earlier and slowly opened the door, revealing the famous recording studio of YG Entertainment. Seeing it in person made you somewhat giddy and excited. Not only were you standing in the recording studio that has produced several top hit songs in K-Pop history, but this also meant that you were right, your husband was an idol as well.

You immediately sit yourself down on the couch at the back of the room. Rigid and stiff, you observe your surroundings, not even bothering to acknowledge the cameras filming you. After a while, the insecurities came back again making you panic.

You place your bag on your lap and dig through it until you find your pocket mirror. Bringing it up to your face, you observe yourself carefully, making sure your make-up wasn’t smudged and that every strand of hair was in place.

“Should I put my hair up? Or down?” You mumble to yourself but just loud enough for the microphone to pick it up, “Will he like it this way? Or that way?” You comb your hair from side to side, testing all different styles but stop when you felt another presence in the room.

“I liked it the way it was before you started fiddling with it.” His distinct and smooth voice was enough to make you blush as you look past your mirror and see Kwon Jiyong, or better know as G-Dragon of BIGBANG leaning against the doorway with a lopsided smirk.

You immediately stand up and bow at a 90-degree angle to greet him, but doing so caused your bag to fall, spilling the contents all over the ground.

The air was still as you felt your face flush even more, cursing yourself for letting your klutzy side appear not only in front of your husband but the entire nation.

“Ah… I’m so sorry. I wasn’t careful…” You panic and bend over to shovel your stuff back into your bag, but Jiyong was already there and bent over, helping you gather your things. He even dusted some of them with his hand. As he hands them to you, you felt your fingers graze his, causing your heart to flutter in ways it never did before.

“So even the fierce leader of Cloud9 blushes…” You hear him speak again with a hint of amusement in his voice. Your eyes meet his and you jump slightly at how piercing his gaze is, almost as if he could see right past your outer shell so easily.

This made you nervous, as you panicked, thinking that maybe he was disappointed somehow. But the small curve of his lips into his famous gummy smile sets your heart at ease before he says, “I like it.”

Not meaning to, your blush increases at his words making you want to hide it quickly. You bow again, this time holding your bag closely to you as you greet your sunbae.

“Hello, I am Ayu of Cloud9. It’s nice to finally meet you.” When you come back up to look at him, your surprised to see him bowed to at a 90-degree angle as well. People were right in saying how polite G-Dragon is, even to his hubaes.

“Nice to meet you too. I am G-Dragon, leader of BIGBANG and also your husband, Kwon Jiyong.” He comes back up with a smile and expectant look, but you were too distracted by the phrase, ‘your husband, Kwon Jiyong’. It made you unexpectedly giddy. “And your name is…?”

You raise an eyebrow, confused since you thought you already introduced yourself until you realize you never said your actual name… You didn’t imagine it would’ve mattered.

“My name is ____________. Please take care of me... as your wife.” You say with a softer and shy voice that you never thought you could possess. For some reason, being in the presence of this man was showing sides of you that you’d never shown before… and it was dangerous especially with the cameras around.

“______________-sshi...” Jiyong lets your name roll of his tongue. The mere sound of it made you shiver with delight. Who knew your name could sound so sweet when spoken by a complete stranger. You waited for him to continue speaking, but he doesn't as you two just stare at each other.

After a couple of long awkward seconds, you both end up laughing.

"It's a bit awkward, isn't it?" Jiyong says while covering his mouth with the back of his hand, a gesture you thought was quite cute despite his 'leader' image.

"Just a little..." You admit while tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Would you... like to get a tour of the building?" Jiyong offered, "We can talk and get to know each other along the way?"

Your excitement takes over your composure as you nod repeatedly. You had been wanting to see more of the building since the moment you stepped in. "Yes!" But immediately regret your enthusiasm as it wasn't part of your 'image'.

His eyes widen at such a positive response from you but he lets out a chuckle, "Cute." He says before stepping to the side and letting you go ahead first, "After you."

Your words were still caught in your throat at his 'Cute' comment so you just shyly nodded as a 'thank you' before heading out of the room first, while he followed closely from behind.

During the whole "tour" you two seemed to be in a bubble, learning random bits of information about each other like favorite color, likes and dislikes, favorite singers. The awkwardness went away very quickly since Jiyong was quite open and easy to talk to. He'd occasionally make a joke here and there, even some comments that he knew would make you blush, as it seemed like he enjoyed seeing your flustered side.

Being in the same industry, having a love of music, and being leaders of your idol groups made your list of conversation topics seem endless, so much to the point that by the end of the first night you had already felt there was still so much you wanted to say and ask him.

"It's this late already?" You exclaimed when looking at your phone.

Jiyong frowned slightly, "I know... I feel like we could go on talking all night..." Suddenly, his eyes light up with an idea as he holds out his hand. "Can I see your phone?"

You raise an eyebrow at him before complying, once again your fingers grazed each other making your heart beat even faster. You watch him fiddle with your phone before his own starts to ring, your number showing up on his screen.

"There." He says with finality before handing your phone back to you. "You have my number now, so we can talk whenever we want." He smiles proudly before saving your number into his phone.

You look at your screen and see the new contact name was "Hubby <3", making you laugh a little at the corniness. He shows you his screen and you see you've been saved as "Wifey <3".

"Wow, so this is who Kwon Jiyong is, hm?" You say in amazement as he just shrugs his shoulders.

"You don't like it?"

"I never said that." You say try to say nonchalantly while keeping a smile down.

"Good," He says with a smirk before suddenly leaning his face closer to yours. You jerk your head back a little in surprise as he was just an inch away from kissing you, "because from this point on you're never getting rid of me."

You had stopped breathing completely as you stared back into his alluring eyes that were so sincere. It made you so nervous.

"Okay, honey?" He says with a wide grin, knowing this was a whole new level of flustered-ness he was putting you in.

"O-okay..." You were barely able to respond but see that he was still waiting for something. When it occurred to you what it was, it made you blush even more.

"Okay... honey..." You trail off in the end, so softly that you don't even think the microphone picked it up. But that seemed to be the magic word as Jiyong retreats, standing up straight with an giddy smile.

"There we go." He can't help but chuckle at how red your were as he places a hand at the top of your head.

"Come on, I'll take you home."