❥ "Optimistic"

Your BIGBANG Story - An Interactive Story

What specific trait did you say you wanted in your future husband? (Pick the trait most important to you!)

Your Answer: "Optimistic"

Note: Bolded is specific to your choice. Unbolded is a general opening to the scene.


You fiddled with your thumbs in your lap as you looked out of the car window and into the night sky of Seoul. With the camera mounted on the seat in front of you, it recorded every second of your seemingly endless ride to the YG entertainment building: the location where you were supposed to meet your husband-to-be for the next months.

“Ayu-sshi.” The PD spoke quietly, “how are you feeling now?” She asked, hoping to get at least some good footage out of you before the big reveal.

You turn your head slightly, making sure the good side of your face was facing the camera. “I’m so nervous.” You say and cup your hands in front of your chest, “I feel my hands shaking and I can’t stop thinking about what my husband will be like.”

“Do you have any guesses on who it might be?”

You shake your head, as your smile grows wider. “Hmm… well since we’re meeting at YG Entertainment… could it be another idol like me?” You ask curiously, even though inside you were positive about it. With all the other idol couples in the previous seasons of ‘WGM’ and the success they brought it, it wouldn’t make sense NOT to put you together with another idol. Not only that, but with an YG artist.

It is a well-known fact that it’s hard for any reality or variety shows to have YG artists as guests. Only popular shows like Running Man or Infinity Challenge would have the honor of having them, and even then that would be for one or two episodes. Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise to the entire 'WGM' staff that YG Entertainment accepted their request for one of their artists to come on the show, but from what you’ve overheard over the course of these few days of preparing for the show, YG Entertainment had accepted because they heard you had.

What better publicity than to have two idols from the two top K-Pop groups at the time “married” to each other?

“Oh!” You can’t help but exclaim your surprise when the YG Entertainment building appears in front of the car, “We are here already?” You check the time and see that it’s only 9:46 PM and you were supposed to officially meet your husband at 10 o’clock.

The car pulls to a stop along with your entire body. A sudden wave of fear rushes over you, bringing about all your insecurities in life.

‘What if he doesn’t like me?’

‘What if he is disappointed that I’m his wife?’

‘What if we start off so awkward or unfriendly and end up having to cancel the show?’

All those thoughts came at once and shook you to the core. Luckily, the camera had stopped filming as the crew began preparing the ones more fit to follow you around on foot.

You slowly unbuckled your seat belt and took in a deep breath before closing your eyes to try and calm yourself just like you’d do before every performance. The car door slides open, revealing the PD and the rest of the staff staring at you expectantly.

“Ready?” She asks in her normal tone of voice, which was your signal that the cameras weren’t on. You felt a bit of relief as you pushed yourself out of the car, feeling the heaviness of your feet.

“We came a bit early because we’d like to have you wait in this room for your husband. He’s still in the midst of working, so you’ll just have to wait for a bit.” She hands a mission card to you as you just nod.

A red flickering light catches the corner of your eye and you recognize it as the light on the camera for recording. You straighten your posture and return the smile to your face despite how bad you wanted to just turn and run.

This was it. This was going to be the first time in your life that you are meeting a man and will have a “romantic relationship” with. And it’s going to be broadcasted all over the country.

Walking through the building calmed you down slightly as you got to admire the artwork and décor of the interior, something that not a lot of people get to see. The ‘hip’ and ‘cool’ feel resonated all around you, making you feel slightly insecure with yourself as that was supposed to be your ‘image’. And yet, being here made you feel as if you were far from that.

After a while, you finally make your way up to the roof deck on top of the YG building. All of your nervousness managed to disappear as soon as you saw the night view of Seoul with the flickering city lights. A moment like this was able to make you temporarily forget you were being filmed.

"It's nice isn't it?" You heard a gentle voice come from behind you. You turned around abruptly and come face to face with Kang Daesung.

"Omo." You quickly bow, "Hello, it's nice to meet you."

You come back up and see him bow to you as well with his hands behind his back, "It's nice to meet you as well. I'm sorry if you waited long!"

"No, not at all! I was busy admiring the view." Your smile reflected his.

"Well, still. It's not good as a husband to keep my wife waiting on our first day." He says while taking one step forward before bringing both hands around and presenting you with a modest bouquet of roses.

Your jaw dropped and immediately felt the heat rise to your cheeks. Already on the first day and he managed to make your heart skip a beat.

"I know they aren't much and are probably really cliche, but I just wanted to start this right." He says with a shy smile as you take the roses from him.

"They're beautiful. Thank you, Daesung-sshi..." You murmured and took a big whiff, filling your nose with their beautiful scent.

He tilts his head and scrunches his face a little, "Daesung-sshi sounds too formal. Please speak comfortably with me!"

"Ah, yes... Daesung oppa?" You tried it out hesitantly but earn a wider smile from him and a satisfied nod.

"That's right!" He gives you two thumbs up, "I like the sound of that... Ah, here let's sit. You must be tired standing all day with those." He says with concern as he offers you a seat on the bench.

"Oh, I'm really okay..." You say out loud but thankfully take a seat since you've been walking around on stilettos all day. Your chest felt warm at the thought of how aware and considerate he was. It made you very thankful he was your husband to be.

"Better? It must be tiring for you to wear those." He comments as you notice how hard he was trying to keep a conversation going. He continued about when he tried wearing heels when BIGBANG were doing the 'Secret Garden' parody and how hard it was even just wearing it for an hour or two. He was so animate when speaking, making his story that much funnier and enjoyable to listen to.

"I've watched that! It was really funny, especially your 'smell' part." You chimed in and even made the signature gesture Daesung did when he played the role of the mother.

"Ahhh~! So embarrassing!" He ruffled his hair in frustration and kicked his feet a bit, "How can I let my wife see such a thing!"

You laugh at his child-like antics, feeling so grateful for how easy it was to talk to him. It had only been a couple of minutes and you already felt so comfortable.

"It's almost as good as your part in 'Boys Over Flowers'." You even more while laughing. His jaw drops as he points a finger at you.

"Wow~ Who knew Cloud9's leader was like this! And you're my dongseng too!" Daesung sighs while shaking his head, "It looks like I'm really done for. I have to build my image up from scratch for you."

"I'm not too hard to impress, Oppa. As long as you treat me well then I'll be happy." You say honestly, realizing too late that maybe it wasn't something you should be sharing on the first meeting.

But as soon as you see Daesung's wide smile, you knew it was okay. He nodded and offered you his pinky, "Arrasso, I promise to be the best husband you'll ever have."

You were a little hesitant with that promise since this was all just a show after all, but as you looked at the sincerity in his eyes you couldn't help but believe him. You wrapped your pinky around his and sealed the deal by pressing your thumb against his.

Suddenly, he stood up and quickly took off his jacket before wrapping it around your bare shoulders, protecting you from the cold night air. The gesture was enough to make your chest warm by his thoughtfulness once again.

"Would you like to take a walk around? Maybe find something to eat?" He asks while offering you his hand. A wide and excited smile spread on your face as you took it, noticing it's comforting warmth.

"I'd love to."