❥ "Get some fresh air."

Your BIGBANG Story - An Interactive Story

Your first class just finished and you have time to spare, what would you do?

Your Answer: "Get some fresh air."


You pushed open the metal door and were instantly hit by the cool morning air. You took in a deep breath and released as you stepped out further onto the roof. You had no idea whether or not you were allowed to be up here or not, but at this point you just needed some place to clear your head and let your nerves out.

But as you stepped further out into the open, a black figure at the corner of your eye catches your attention. Quickly, you turn your head and spot someone sitting on the ground with his back against the wall and a lit cigarette in hand.

You noticed he was wearing the school uniform, his hair gelled back, but his pin was missing, unable to tell you his name or his school year.

"S-Should you be smoking up here?" You blurted out the first words that came to mind but instantly regretted it. His eyes didn't even flinch and kept them looking forward, out into the vastness of the school courtyard.

"Should you be up here?" He responds quietly before taking a long drag of his cigarette and blowing a cloud of smoke above his head.

You bit the bottom of your lip before answering, "I was... I'm new to this school. I just wanted to see if I could get some fresh air somewhere..."

There was nothing but silence as you continued to watch him stare off into space, before crushing the cigarette into the ground. That's when you noticed that there were a lot more cigarette marks and butts on the ground.

"Look, I'll just go back down... Sorry to bother you..." You began to retreat, assuming you were just being a nuisance to whoever he was.

"Forget it. I was just leaving anyways." He says while pushing himself up. Once he was on his feet, he shoved his hands into his pockets before giving you one last look and turning towards the door.

You can't help but stare at his retreating back, wondering who he was and what he was doing up here and thinking so deeply about. But you shook those questions out of your head and took this chance he had given you to clear your own mind of everything that has happened in the past few days.

You walk closer to the railings of the roof to get a better look of the entire school. Your hands rest on the rusty railings as you take another deep breath, already feeling better with the cold air flowing in and out of you. But as you leaned more against the railing, you heard a screech and felt a slight tip and the beginning of a falling sensation.

Suddenly, something long and strong wraps around your waist, pulling you away from the edge of the building and against something warm and that smelled a mixture of cigarettes and cologne.

"Watch out." His deep voice rings throughout your entire body as you look up from his chest and get a clearer view of his sharp facial features. "Those railings are old."

You turned your head slightly to look at the railing you were previously leaning on and see that it was slightly warped now, as if trying to take a peek off the roof.

"T-T-Thank you..." You say a bit out of breath, your heart beating uncontrollably at the situation you found yourself in. Not only with the near death experience, but being in the arms of a man you hardly knew.

As if sensing your discomfort, his arms quickly pull away and his hands find his pockets again.

"Just... be careful next time." He says while looking anywhere but you. A part of you wanted to believe the redness at the apple's of his cheeks where really there, but you couldn't get too carried away. But just as quickly as he appeared, he already turned around and was heading towards the exit again.

"Wait!" You called out and chased after him. He stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder at you. "What's your name?"

His eyebrow twitches a little before he turns sideways, as if he was ready to run away at any moment.

"Choi Seunghyun." He answers monotonous.

"I'm _____________. I'm a first year... in classroom 1-C." You reply, not sure why you wanted him to know all this information about you. The look he gives you also shows he seems to be thinking the same thing as you.

"I'm in 2-B. Second year." His answer catches you by surprise but a smile creeps onto your face.

"Oh! So you're a year older than me?" You say with a small bow. "Then does that mean I have to call you 'Seunghyun oppa'?"

His eyes widen and you see that faint blush again at his cheeks before he turns his head and coughs abruptly.

"Don't call me that." He says a bit too harshly, making you frown. He glances back at you and must have noticed your expression since he continued, "We aren't close enough for you to call me that."

"Oh..." You nod your head but want to pinch yourself for being so stupid, "I'm sorry. I'm still not used to the whole customs of Korea... I hope I wasn't rude."

"You weren't."

Suddenly, the chimes of a bell echoed throughout the school courtyard making you gasp.

"Shoot! Class is starting! We should go!" You exclaim and dash past him. But he doesn't seem to be following. You turn to look at him still standing in the same spot, but this time looking at you carefully and curiously.

"Aren't you going?" You ask, a little panicked not wanting to be playing hooky on your first day.

He merely shakes his head but continues to stare at you.

"Okay. Then will I see you again? Up here?" The words barrel out of you before you can stop them but you can tell they catch him by surprise as his eyes widen in response.

"W-Whatever." He manages to say, but it was enough to bring a smile to your lips at the uncertainty.

"Okay! See you later, Seunghyun oppa!" You say cheerfully before running down the stairs, not wanting to miss a single minute of your next class.

But little did you know, if you had just waited a minute longer, you would've seen that mysterious man smile.