❥ "Playful"

Your BIGBANG Story - An Interactive Story

What specific trait did you say you wanted in your future husband? (Pick the trait most important to you!)

Your Answer: "Playful"

Note: Bolded is specific to your choice. Unbolded is a general opening to the scene.


You fiddled with your thumbs in your lap as you looked out of the car window and into the night sky of Seoul. With the camera mounted on the seat in front of you, it recorded every second of your seemingly endless ride to the YG entertainment building: the location where you were supposed to meet your husband-to-be for the next months.

“Ayu-sshi.” The PD spoke quietly, “how are you feeling now?” She asked, hoping to get at least some good footage out of you before the big reveal.

You turn your head slightly, making sure the good side of your face was facing the camera. “I’m so nervous.” You say and cup your hands in front of your chest, “I feel my hands shaking and I can’t stop thinking about what my husband will be like.”

“Do you have any guesses on who it might be?”

You shake your head, as your smile grows wider. “Hmm… well since we’re meeting at YG Entertainment… could it be another idol like me?” You ask curiously, even though inside you were positive about it. With all the other idol couples in the previous seasons of ‘WGM’ and the success they brought it, it wouldn’t make sense NOT to put you together with another idol. Not only that, but with an YG artist.

It is a well-known fact that it’s hard for any reality or variety shows to have YG artists as guests. Only popular shows like Running Man or Infinity Challenge would have the honor of having them, and even then that would be for one or two episodes. Needless to say, it was a pleasant surprise to the entire 'WGM' staff that YG Entertainment accepted their request for one of their artists to come on the show, but from what you’ve overheard over the course of these few days of preparing for the show, YG Entertainment had accepted because they heard you had.

What better publicity than to have two idols from the two top K-Pop groups at the time “married” to each other?

“Oh!” You can’t help but exclaim your surprise when the YG Entertainment building appears in front of the car, “We are here already?” You check the time and see that it’s only 9:46 PM and you were supposed to officially meet your husband at 10 o’clock.

The car pulls to a stop along with your entire body. A sudden wave of fear rushes over you, bringing about all your insecurities in life.

‘What if he doesn’t like me?’

‘What if he is disappointed that I’m his wife?’

‘What if we start off so awkward or unfriendly and end up having to cancel the show?’

All those thoughts came at once and shook you to the core. Luckily, the camera had stopped filming as the crew began preparing the ones more fit to follow you around on foot.

You slowly unbuckled your seat belt and took in a deep breath before closing your eyes to try and calm yourself just like you’d do before every performance. The car door slides open, revealing the PD and the rest of the staff staring at you expectantly.

“Ready?” She asks in her normal tone of voice, which was your signal that the cameras weren’t on. You felt a bit of relief as you pushed yourself out of the car, feeling the heaviness of your feet.

“We came a bit early because we’d like to have you wait in this room for your husband. He’s still in the midst of working, so you’ll just have to wait for a bit.” She hands a mission card to you as you just nod.

A red flickering light catches the corner of your eye and you recognize it as the light on the camera for recording. You straighten your posture and return the smile to your face despite how bad you wanted to just turn and run.

This was it. This was going to be the first time in your life that you are meeting a man and will have a “romantic relationship” with. And it’s going to be broadcasted all over the country.

Walking through the building calmed you down slightly as you got to admire the artwork and décor of the interior, something that not a lot of people get to see. The ‘hip’ and ‘cool’ feel resonated all around you, making you feel slightly insecure with yourself as that was supposed to be your ‘image’. And yet, being here made you feel as if you were far from that.

Your eyes spot the glass door to the main dance studio before you hear the music coming from inside. While your heart pounded against your chest, you slowly got closer and onto your tippy toes, to see if you can peak into the room but all you could see were a bunch of moving figures, jumping, dancing along to a BIGBANG song.

"Ahh... I'm so nervous..." You whispered to yourself this time before gripping the handle of the door and taking a deep breath. Slowly, you pushed on the handle and let the door creak open, hoping to go unnoticed for a least a few more seconds.

"SHE'S HERE!" You hear a male's voice yell excitedly from in the room as you peak your head from around the door.

"Hello..." You call out nervously into the room as your eyes dart over the faces of the men in the room. Most of them, you recognized as the YG backup dancers and two of them were members from BIGBANG: G-Dragon and Taeyang.

You hesitantly enter the room with, bowing over several times to each person in the room as you wonder which one was your husband.

"I am Cloud9's leader, Ayu. It's nice to meet you." You bow again towards both G-Dragon and Taeyang as they stealthily nudge each other back and forth.

"Ah! It's nice to meet you as well. I am G-Dragon from BIGBANG." G-Dragon bows at 90-degrees and Taeyang follows suit.

"And I'm Taeyang. It's nice to meet you." All three of you wait in silence for someone to speak first as the other boys in the room whisper and wait in anticipation.

"So..." You laugh awkwardly as you look from G-Dragon to Taeyang, "who is..." but you couldn't complete your sentence since you were feeling a bit shy with the phrase 'my husband'.

G-Dragon and Taeyang glance at each other before Taeyang speaks with a bright smile, "Who do you think it is?"

"Eh?" You ask a bit taken aback, "Well..." You trailed off, hoping he wasn't actually expecting an answer.

G-Dragon was trying to stifle his laugh as Taeyang watched you expectantly. The whole room went silent, waiting to hear your answer.

"I don't really... know." You were already feeling the redness coming up to your cheeks.

"How about this." Taeyang continues, making G-Dragon turn around so that his back was facing you before turning himself, "Pick who you'd like to be your husband."

"Eh?!" You couldn't help but let your jaw drop as the pressure increased from his little game.

"Just pick honestly!" He says in a reassuring voice while G-Dragon was covering his face with his hand, chuckling at the absurd situation.

What were you supposed to do now? You weren't prepped at all for an outcome like this. You'd already went through a whole day waiting and wondering and now you had to guess?!

Your eyes go from back to back, considering the possibilities of either of them being your husband. But without any hints, it was almost impossible to correctly choose... so you just went with your gut.

You took a small step forward before reaching out and placing a hand on Taeyang's shoulder. Immediately, the room grew louder with the other guys' cries and cheers as you see G-Dragon sink the the floor, rolling around like a child while Taeyang started doing a small victory dance in place.

You stood there quietly, smiling at the scene happening in front of you. They all seemed like a bunch of silly boys, making you feel more relaxed despite still not knowing if you picked correctly.

"Sorry, Ayu-sshi for putting you on the spot." Taeyang says with an even wider smile, "But thank you for picking me. It makes me really happy to know that my future wife would recognize her husband-to-be."

Relief washes over you knowing that you guessed correctly, for you could only imagine how awkward it would've been if you hadn't.

"Alright, everyone out. Let's leave these two newlyweds alone." G-Dragon suddenly jumped up and started pushing people out of the studio. "It was nice meeting you, sister-in-law!"

And just like that, you two were alone.

The air grew heavy with tension again as you both just stood there quietly. Now without others around, Taeyang seemed a lot more nervous than before as he swung his arms back and forth to give him something to do.

"Ah... um, would you like to sit?" He finally speaks, very polite and a bit soft. You nod in response as you both walk to the chairs placed at the side of the room.

"Would you like a drink? Water?" He asks again, clearly trying hard to break the silence.

"No, I'm fine. But thank you..." You trailed off but with a smile as he takes a seat next to you.

There was the silence again as you both thought of what you could say. But as soon as a question popped into mind, you didn't hesitate to ask.

"Were you practicing earlier? Before I came in?"

"Ah, yes and no. We were supposed to be practicing, but we ended up just fooling around like we always do. Just to loosen up a bit." He answers thoroughly, clearly grateful for your question.

"It looked like you all were having a lot of fun." You add, earning a smile from him.

"We do, most of the time. G-Dragon is usually serious when it comes to practicing, but I guess he was excited too about meeting you tonight."

"Too?" You repeat, and look at him expectantly. Surprisingly, a shy smile spreads across his face and a bit of redness appear at the apples of his cheeks.

"Of course I'd be excited to meet my wife." He admits. "Were you? Were you disappointed when you found out I was your husband?"

You violently shake your head, "No! Not at all. I was so nervous to be honest and had no idea what to expect... But, I'm glad that Taeyang-sshi turned out to be my husband..." You trail off, unsure if that was appropriate to say.

He lets out a small laugh and rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment, "I felt the same way... when I saw you walk in, I almost thought I was dreaming. My first thought was 'Oh! It's Ayu-sshi.' and then it quickly changed to 'Oh my god, it's Ayu-sshi!'" He explained while acting out his reactions making you laugh.

You two continued to speak more comfortably with each other, jumping from topic to topic about music, BIGBANG and Cloud9, as well as each other's experience on variety shows. You discovered that while talking with Taeyang, although when you two first met he was so playful and relaxed, he still had a shyness to him that was endearing. But as the night went on, his shyness went away and you could see him becoming more and more relaxed with you.

"Is there anything you want to do tonight?" He asks, "Are you hungry? Or do you want to walk around?"

You take a moment to think, but as you look around the dance studio an idea comes to mind. "Could you dance for me?" You boldly ask.

His eyes widen and his jaw drops a little in genuine surprise, "Really?"

You nod your head and show him an excited smile, "I've always wanted to see you dance live, actually..." You say a bit embarrassed by the statement but keep going, "Plus, I'm not that great of a dancer out of Cloud9 so maybe I'd find inspiration in seeing you?"

He was still giving you that surprised look before running his hand through his hair, "Ahhhh, you're really something, Ayu-sshi." He says while chuckling before standing up.

"What would you like to see?" He asks while stretching while looking at you with a new gleam in his eye. You could tell he was excited as well.

"Hmmm... 'Fantastic Baby'?" He nods at your suggestion before heading to the stereo system.

"Coming right up, just for you." He says making you blush as you watch him move to the center of the room.

The studio fills with 'Fantastic Baby' as Taeyang starts dancing immediately, mostly free-styling until it comes to the chorus. You watched with awe as he glided across the room in such style, it made you want to clap to the beat.

When the chorus came around again, Taeyang danced his way towards you before grabbing your hand and pulling you off your chair and into the center of the room with you. You tried to resist but he wouldn't let you as he encouraged you to dance with him.

Not knowing what to do, you decide to just let it go as you mimic his moves and try to remember the dance moves you've picked up from watching 'Fantastic Baby' so many times at music shows. You knew you looked ridiculous next to him, but he still kept cheering you on while doing his own thing and dancing around you.

Thankfully, the song came to an end quickly as you both stop to take a moment to catch your breath. You bury your face in your hands as the realization of what just happened sinks in.

"Ahh!! So embarrassing!" You whined, "Why'd you let me do that!"

"I don't know what you're talking about. You're a dancing machine!" Taeyang laughs and starts mimicking some of your moves from before.

"Aigoo!" You lightly hit his arm to make him stop, but earn a hearty laugh from him instead.

"You're too funny, Ayu-sshi. I'm really looking forward to these next few months with you." He says with a handsome smile worthy of making any girl melt.

"Sounds like you're just going to make fun of me the entire time." You pout while crossing your arms over your chest.

He chuckles again before giving you a wink, "It's just more fun that way."

"Taeyang-sshi!"

"Youngbae." He says, correcting you. "You can call me Youngbae."

You hesitate before testing his name, "Youngbae oppa..."

A wide grin appears on his face, his eyes smiling with him as he nods, "Ahhh of course, my name would sound the best coming from my wife's lips."