CURIOUS

I WANT YOU BACK !

Emergency Room

"Bring any intern that free right now..". Joon telling Seob. Minho,Key and Jonghyun come together.

"Is it a hemoperitoneum, Dr?". Jonghyun ask Joon.

"Yes..and please watch it carefully..".

"You do it, Dr Joon".Dr Jihui tell him. "Okay, scapel 11..okay..now you need to insert the tube into the abdomen like this..". Joon show them. "Done this part..now connect it with the tube saline solution..see?". Joon ask them.

"Yeah..we see". They answer simultaneously. They watch it until the end of the operation. "Okay..good job and thank you". Joon said. He went out from the room. 

"Chief!". Jonghyun call him from the back.

"Urmm..what?".Joon ask him.

"Did Dr Jinki turn his resignation letter just now?". He ask.

"Yes..why?".Joon said. "Is it mean, he's quitting?but why he laughing earlier?".Jonghyun ask. "How could I know? why you so curious?. Joon stop and turn to face Jonghyun.

"No..im just wondering if he really quitting". Jonghyun smirking. 

"Thats what you want doesn't it..". Joon said.

"Well..thats not really.."Jonghyun show his clueless emotion."If you the one who do the tracheotomy..you the one who got fired whether you did a good job or not..and you know why? because you an intern~". Joon show his serious face. 

"But..you do know that the death of the patient wasn't our fault..and you telling me that Dr Jinki quit because of that?". His angry face came out. 

"Yes..I already got the dismissal notice for him from above...". Joon sigh. 

"What! dismissal? then you should stop it Chief~~if you accept the dismissal thats mean you accept it as we doing wrong~~". Jonghyun keep arguing this issue while they walk.

Joon stop from walking. "Yah...are you trying to arguing with me now?". Joon anger. 

"Its because we did the right thing by doing the tracheotomy that day. Am I wrong?". Jonghyun let out. 

"Yes..you're right.."Joon telling him.Jonghyun still curious." Then why? how you become a chief like this! are you even qualified for it?".Jonghyun let out his anger.

Joon look at him disbelief."Is this bastard crazy right now.."Joon said. 

"You do know that we that do that together so why only Dr Jinki .." Jonghyun word stop by Joon.

"You do know the answer well..".Joon let out.

"Pardon?".Jonghyun ask. Joon just leave him behind and sighing. Meanwhile Jonghyun show his clueless face.

FLASHBACK

"You from Dr family?".Dr Juhui ask him. 

"Pardon?". Jonghyun said cluelessly. 

"Thats why you slipped out fine..All because of your family..". Dr Juhui tell him.

END of FLASHBACK

Jonghyun sighing in disbelief.

JINKI POV

"You want to quit being a doctor? And just now you become a thief and steal an ultrasound machine..what else, got slapped by a VVIP patient and even gulp alcohol and tell your friend that your a doctor as soon as I hold stethoscope, I can give an instant diagnosis?..Joon telling him. Jinki only show his startlet face.

"How did you..". Jinki ask out of curiousity. 

"Why? you feel embarass? so why did you that kind of stuff?! so now you wanna quit thats why you can do everything on your way?". Joon said. Meanwhile Jinki just look down. Joon open his deskboard. Bring out the resign letter and tear it into pieces. Jinki frown there. Cluelessly. 

"Chief~~~". Jinki said. 

"How dare you give me this! even you get fired..I'm firing you when I want..So just get out". Joon said. 

Jinki can even hide expression. His tear in the eyes. How glad and happy he was when Dr Joon said that. Joon look at him. 

"Why are you crying? is this your speaciality?. Joon ask him cold.

"I remember you ask me why I wanna be a doctor in the first day i become an intern..but thats when I can tell too why..to be honest, a sense of duty and respect for a precious, nobel life..I don't even have that..I want to start again because of people whoi stepped on me and ignored me.. I wonder how amazing to be a doctor and what so great about them..thats why i want to try it..thats the reason". Jinki let out his word as his tear start to fall on both of his cheeks. Joon look at his sympathy but still control it. 

"And?". Joon ask. 

"Its a very wrong to start with that kind of mindset ..." Jinki said while controlling his breath because of crying. 

"you start with a foul intention ..do u think a doctor can cure everything like God does?.. So the only one who have a right intention can be a doctor? and you think they never swayed their live?that kind of perfection world doesn't exist..a person who try hard to save people life..thats what we call it a doctor..so, can you get out and see patients now?. I really can't stand to see people crying! get out..". Joon try to comfort him in cold way..

"Gomawo Chief~~". Jinki bow and left the room. 

*******************************************************************************************

Jonghyun POV

" Hello, what!". Jonghyun who about to go home but got call from Jinki that say his mom when back unconcious. He ran and met Minho at elevator. 

"Hyung..you not back yet?". Minho smile. 

"Its urgent..". Jonghyun wait the elevator to open. He got in.

"Hyung..is it okay? where u..". Minho word cut by Jonghyun. "Ohh..Minho-yah..here..go there and have date with Key-shii". Jonghyun pass him a concert ticket.

"Key-shii? jinja..thanks hyung". Minho walk away with big smile curve. 

Jonghyun Mom Room

"what happen?". Joon ask Dr Seob. 

"A nurse check her..she still her that she feel sleepy and after that it turn out this way..". Dr Seob inform. 

Joon check her breathing and found out that Jinki was there too. 

"Why are you here?". He making a weird face. Jinki only show him some guilty feel. 

"Do you have anything longer?". Joon ask Dr Seob. 

"Here..". Dr Seob give him the read of patient heart rate.

"HR is 35, and PAV and QRS are moving separately....". Dr Seob explain.

"Its complete AV block..". Jonghyun answer in shock.

"Thats right..its a serious heart problem and could lead to myocardial infarction..". Joon tell them. "Is there a pacemaker?". Joon ask Seob. 

"Its in the room..should I get it ready?". Seob ask.

"Hurry and call Prof.Ahn now". Joon tell the nurse.

"Yes Dr..". She ran as Joon ask her. 

Everyone just ready and take all the tools for the patient. Jinki also throw some help. He look at Jonghyun. He's in a shock condition and entangle all the wire. 

"Give me...". Jinki help him out.

"Is it connected?". Joon said.

"yes chief..". Jinki answer. 

"Pulse?". Joon.

"It dropped from 40 and slowing down..". Seob explain.

"Okay..pacing..a little more..". Jinki do as he told. "Okay good.."."Pulse?". 

"It slow down more..its not working..". Seob said. Jonghyun get more shock. 

"Chief!". Jinki shout. "Its V-fib". 

"Ready for CPR!". Joon order. "Paddle..200, move!..300..move away!..360! move away..". Joon said as Jinki turn the machine more higher. 

"Its back chief..". Jinki tell him. Everyone release their sigh. 

"I thought she was discharged already..what happen now..".Prof. Ahn said as he come in. He check he pulse. "If she didn't have her ECG on..she might be dead already..by the way who put the ECG..you?". He ask Dr Seob to Jonghyun and lastly turn to Jinki. "Is it you?". Prof.Ahn said. Jinki look at him guilty. "Big rock really did something today..".Prof Ahn said proudly. Thanks to Jinki that he save her ex-mom in law. Jonghyun just look at him disbelief. Its a relief Jinki did that. 

Chief Room

"Why did you put ECG to the patient whom about to discharged..Lee Jinki answer me?". Joon ask Jinki.

"There's nothing wrong with the blood test..ECG or echocardiography..even with fully concious, in case of palpitation and dysphonia...." Jinki word got cut by Joon.

"So you worried about the cardiovascular syncope..". Joon tell him. and Jinki nod. "Good..Kim Jonghyun..give me the death rate of cardiovascular syncope.." Joon turn to Jonghyun.

"As for cardiovascular syncope..if you fail to notice, the highest possibble to survive rate is 33%..". Jonghyun answer. 

"Good..".While patting Jonghyun shoulder. "Thats mean..Lee Jinki lowered the death rate of Kim Jonghyun mom by 33%..so, why don't you treat him dinner..because he save your mom..".Joon smile. "Why you not answering?". Joon ask. Kim Jonghyun get flustered.

"Ohh..ahh..yes..". Jonghyun answer. Jinki look at him. 

Then Joon feel weird and ask Jinki again. "but you for the cardiovascular syncope usually happen to person who have heart failure before..how did you know Jinki?". Joon question make Jinki flustered. 

After a few hour Joon and Jinki went back to Jonghyun mom room. She was eating. 

"How's your body..feel much better?". Joon ask Jonghyun mom. 

"As you can see?". Jonghyun mom answer.

"If Dr Jinki didn't do that..you might be in ICU right now..and not eating".Joon said. Jonghyun mom look at him angry.

"So you asking me to say..ohh..thank you or what?". She answer blutantly.

"Well..you know that better.. because it will help him to be a great doctor soon". Joon patting Jinki shoulder. 

"No thank you from me..he only do what he should because he know it..".Jonghyun mom said annoyingly.

"Because he know it? what does it mean?". Joon look confuse.

"that's be..because he's a doctor like you said..so he should know..right?". Jonghyun mom stuttering.

"That's right..and if there's nothing..i believe you may leave after checking your progress..so, bye for now". Joon and Jinki walk away. The door just shut closely.

"I'm being discharge?". Jonghyun mom said as she turn to him.

"of course you should..everything's done and you are fine now..what more..this isn't hotel mom". Jonghyun speak.

"but my goal isn't complete yet..your father not come to me yet and I'm not seeing any progress between you and Dr Key..". Jonghyun mom annoyed. Jonghyun just sigh. "And tonight..just go date with Key to the concert..don't concern me..I can go on my own..just go..". His mom continue.

JINKI POV

"Yeobuseyo..ahh, Junho-yah..you said that the mini concert tonight right? I almost forgot..thanks for remembering me..he's there? okay..thanks ..Gottago now..". He hung up the phone and drove away to the club. 

CLUB

Everybody enjoy the night with mini concert.There's too many indie band. Crowded. Full of people get drunk and eating while enjoying the concert. Jinki pass every people in the center to find that person. Lee Taemin. His brother. 

Jonghyun in the other way also came to the club because he have to meet Key. As he walk he could see Jinki walk near to the stage. Shock. 

Jinki walk straight to the stage and hold his brother hands. "Yah!". Jinki shout. Taemin shock and make a disbelief face ever. 

"What are you doing here!". Taemin the one who shout next. 

"Follow me..kaja! lets go home!". Jinki try to take along Taemin from the stage. 

"I don't want! ". Taemin try to push him away.

All people look at them. Minho and Key also witness the scene. 

"Aren't that the yeonggam?". Minho tell Key. 

"Is look like him..". Key reply. 

Taemin success on run away. Jinki try to push away the security behind him. 

"Let me go..yah! Lee Taemin!". As he success on push away them..he try to chase him but something was wrong.. he got stuck on feet and fall to the floor. All people around him and 3 people he don't expect to meet also there. 

"Lee Jinki, Jinki-shii". Jonghyun and another two said simultaneously. 

Jinki eyes become wider. "Omo!". He cover his eyes with both of his hands because of shame. 

Jonghyun lift him up. "Why you do thiss..aigoo". Jonghyun whine. He bring him to the table where Minho and Key sit just now. 

"ehem..Jinki-shii, what are trying to do just now there..who the one you chase?". Key start the conversation. 

"ohh..that person..i know him a little bit..but he owe me money and he dissappeard just like that and thats why when i know he was here..I came and wanna ask for my money back .thats all". Jinki look embarassing. "I think I better get going..well". Jinki about to leave when Jonghyun hands stop him. "Why?". Jinki whisperring. Jonghyun only give him sign to not go and leave him with Key and Minho. Key could see how Jonghyun show the sign. Key look confuse. 

"Lets drink first..". Minho happily said and order more drink. "Here..our drink..cheers". Minho said. "by the way hyung..you sent me here..but you still come..". Minho ask our of curiousity. 

"I ask for a date with you but you sent me a subtitute..". Key whine. Jonghyun and Jinki just look at each other. "I think you have revenge on me". He continue. 

"Revenge? what revenge?". Minho ask.

Jinki smirking. Jonghyun gulping. "Its something". Jonghyun explain. 

"Ohh..I think you might hide your revenge because I'm a subtitute..by the way its still fun..Key-shii look totally different outside the hospital..am I right Key-shii?". Minho smile.

"Yeah..it is..". Key answered dissappontedly but still keep his best smile. Jinki just took another sip of drink. And Jonghyun saw his scratch. 

"Wait..you got scratch here..". Jonghyun worried expression while holding his hand. 

"Its nothing..Im okay..let my hands go..". Jinki try to push away. 

"No..no..let me see..". Jonghyun keep pushing. Key and Minho only look at them.Confuse on how comfortable they speak each other without formality. Jinki saw them. And keep push away Jonghyun hands again..

"I need to go home..bye". Jinki word stop by Jonghyun put on his handkechief around the scrath and tie it. Jinki just sit. 

"How about this..is it hurt when I did this?". Jonghyun try pull his right hand backward. 

"No..its doesn't hurt at all.. thanks and I really gottago..bye". Jinki took his coat and walk away. 

"He always careless..aigoo". Jonghyun whine as he look Jinki walk away. 

Key look hurt in the situation. He got jealous somehow. 

"I gottago too..see you both tomorrow". Key leave. 

OUTSIDE

Jinki still for a taxi. And suddenly Key stand beside him. 

"You look friendly with Jonghyun-shii..". Key ask him. 

"Ohh..am I?". Jinki answer stuttering. 

"I doubt it.. or maybe you both already close from the beginning". Key said. "You both see each other outside the hospital..right?". Key ask curiously.

"Im..I don't want to intterogate like this..do you like Dr Jonghyun?". Jinki spoke.

"Yes..".Key answered with serious.

Jinki seem out of space.. "Well..don't worry we don't have any reason to see each other outside". Jinki explain.

"Then..why you don't use formality when you speak with him?". Key start

"Do you know him already?".Jinki reply

"No..but I would like too from now on..gereom, bye". As Key answer and drove away with taxi.

Jinki frown there. Silently. 

HOME

Jinki's phone keep ringing. He already in sleep. He took his phone slowly from beside him. 

"Hello..".Jinki hoarse voice..

"Lee Jinki....". Jonghyun start

"Who?".Jinki open his eyes very wide. "Kim Jonghyun? what time now you calling me?". Jinki angry.

"Thank you". Jonghyun said more."You know how my mom can't even said that..so I'm saying this instead of her..gomawo". Jonghyun just hung up the phone.

Meanwhile Jinki just look at the phone disbelief. All of his emotion mix with one another. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Arghhh! finally new chapter done.. Thanks God.. Enjoy the story ;) -xoxo-DaringJinki