FOR THE LONGEST TIME

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FOR THE LONGEST TIME

 

It was Monday morning again and Sehun went through the same routine. He prepared himself for school but this time he carried a paper bag with him. The bag contained Haerin’s clothes. At Sunday night, Luhan went to Sehun’s apartment to give their clothes back. Unfortunately for him, Haerin left first thing in the morning so he was unable to give it to her.

 

He sighed looking at the paper bag and remembered how Sunday morning went with Haerin. He felt a little pang in his heart. For some reasons, it just dismayed him a tiny bit that she was going to leave and not keep him company.

 

Sunday morning;

 

The light of the sun shined brightly and woke Sehun up. He regained consciousness as he slowly fluttered his eyes open. He lifted a hand to block the light that overwhelmed his sight. But something was different. He felt different. He felt an arm over his chest and the warm body enveloped around him.

 

Looking down, he saw the sleeping Haerin snuggling to his chest, hugging him. He observed her, the way she looked as she was in her slumber. He looked at the way she breathed with slightly agape and how peaceful and pretty she looked with her eyes clothes. Sehun picked a lock of her hair that was covering her face and put it behind her ears. It didn’t take him that long before he realized that he was taking his time to drink in her beauty.

 

For some reasons, he didn’t freak out that he had her in his arms all night long. And for some reasons, he felt this certain wanting…to keep her there longer. Unfortunately for him though, she woke up and was the first to react and freak out after finding out their position. She apologized and thanked him and then left. Sehun tried to offer her breakfast but she was in a rush to leave the place.

 

He was disappointed.

 

It’s been quite a long time since he had someone around his arms, during his sleep. Ever since Youngmin’s passing, he never even went out on a date. His interaction with girls stopped. He only talked to girls whenever necessary and it was rarely that necessary.

 

Sehun was surprised to admit to himself that he liked having her around his arms but then told himself that he probably just missed hugging a girl. After all, he kept himself closed from dating or befriending the opposite .

 

As he walked to school, Sehun couldn’t keep his mind off of Haerin. It felt odd. Why was he thinking of her all of a sudden? It bothered him. It felt wrong for him. He didn’t want to admit that he felt comfort when he heard her say the things she said last night.

 

I understand how you feel…

 

Her voice echoed through his head. It got him thinking if she really meant this or she was just saying it like everyone else. It’s been a long time since Sehun has head these words for it’s been a long time since he opened up to someone about Youngmin’s passing. He just never felt comfortable telling people about it. But then last night…he just blurted it out. He didn’t know why but he did. It’s like something in him pushed himself to tell her. He can’t understand it himself.

 

When he arrived in school the usual things happened—the morning greets from his female admirers, the looks he got, the annoying routine of girls trying to get his attention and more. Of all the girls who were annoying him for his attention, there was only one annoying girl that he wanted to see, though he won’t admit to himself. He ignored the girls and was waiting for one particular person to come to him and greet him good morning.

 

. Why am I even expecting her? Sehun thought once he figured that he didn’t want to hear other girls greet him but Haerin. He sighed and shook his head. He looked down and tried to take his mind off of her. But no matter how much he distracted himself by trying to read a book or listen to the songs in his iPod, he couldn’t help but wonder why she isn’t around yet.

 

He looked at his watch—five minutes before the homeroom bell rings.

 

She’s not attending school? Sehun thought as he looked down on the paper bag that contained Haerin’s clothes. Ugh, nevermind. He brushed his thoughts of her and finally heard the homeroom bell rang. Their teacher entered the room and asked the class to settle down. Everyone went back to their own place and it bothered Sehun seeing Haerin’s spot—empty and quiet.

 

“So today, I’ve decided that we will use my class hour productively by practicing your performances for the talent showcase,” Miss Kang announced to everyone, as the students grew more excited.

 

“Now, because my class is too early for the dance studio-” Their teacher was cut off once the door opened. Everyone turned to look at the person who entered and Sehun’s eyes circled in a little surprise he felt when he saw Haerin entering the room with her head bowed. He wasn’t able to see her face since she was letting her hair hang freely, untied and a little messy.

 

“Sun Hae Rin, it’s so nice for you to join us,” Miss Kang sarcastically remarked as she crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at the embarrassed Haerin.

 

“I’m very sorry seonsangnim,” She muttered and bowed as if she was doing it on purpose to hide her face.

 

“You know your schedule very well, right? Was it so hard for you to be here five minutes early before I arrive?” Miss Kang reprimanded as Haerin stood next to her seat with her head bowed.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Kang,” She muttered again.

 

“Will you please look at me while I’m speaking to you?” Their teacher said.

 

Sehun saw Haerin hesitate to hold her head up. It took her quite some time to lift her head and when she did, Miss Kang gasped and so did the other students who had a clear vision of her face. Sehun on the other hand furrowed his eyebrows, frustrated that he was a few chairs behind, not allowing him to see whatever it is on her face that shocked them.

 

“H-haerin, what happened to your face? Why do you have bruise?” Miss Kang asked as she pointed at the bruise on the corner of Haerin’s lips. It was impossible to not see because it was still dark and purple. Even a thick appliance of concealer wouldn’t hide it perfectly.

 

Sehun’s eyes circled as he felt himself worry after hearing Miss Kang’s question and having mentioned a ‘bruise’ on Haerin’s face.

 

“I- I ran into a pole and got bruised,” She chuckled as everyone sighed and rolled her eyes.

 

“Yah, Haerin-ah, pabo,” Eunhee teased as Haerin sheepishly chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck.

 

Everyone seemed to have agreed as they all chuckled and Miss Kang only rolled her eyes. She let Haerin sit and continued on with the class announcement. However, Sehun kept wondering how the bruise on her face looked. He was curious—that, he admits to himself. He was concerned—that, he can never admit.

 

Miss Kang told them that they would be using the dance studio this afternoon with the front performers from 4-A since they can’t use the studio at this early in the morning for some reasons. Everyone was excited and thrilled to be using the studio, especially that they’ll have the front performers of 4-A also known as Kai, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho, with them to practice. The students will surely get advices from the top dancers and improve themselves.

 

The hours dragged on and it was time for lunch. The class was dismissed for their lunch break after a good one and a half hour of Algebra. Everyone walked out of the classroom noisily, chatting with their friends and everything, leaving Sehun to wait until all of them were gone but then he saw Haerin who still was facing about, therefor he couldn’t see her face. He’s definitely very damned curious about her bruise…and he doesn’t know why.

 

She was about to turn around, allowing Sehun to see her face but then Eunhee pulled her back, “Haerin-ah, I want to ask you something!”

 

It frustrated Sehun a bit. He didn’t want to eavesdrop and listen to their girly conversation since he didn’t care about that—he cared about the bruise on Haerin’s face—so he walked out of the room and waited there with the paper bag that contained Haerin’s clothes. He leaned his back on the wall and crossed his arms on his chest. Sehun looked down on his shoes and then looked ahead of him as he waited for the two girls to leave the room. It took a little longer than he expected.

 

He suddenly heard a group of boys chatting across the hall and it’s no one but the guys from 4-A. Sehun was familiar of them, they were the guys who are adored because they were good looking and talented. And of course, they are the same guys that Haerin hangs out with—the guys who always bring her to class, fetch her after school, the ones she eats lunch with and makes loud noises in the hall with.

 

“...You couldn’t have beaten me! I was stuck in that level twice and it took me almost a month to finish it!” The loudest—Baekhyun exclaimed as he hit the taller guy—Chanyeol—on the chest and gave him an unbelievable look.

 

“Well get over it. I finished the level in five minutes and I can finish it in my sleep!” Chanyeol bit back as Baekhyun grimaced while the rest just shook their head because the two were having one of their petty fights again.

 

Kai’s eyes landed on Sehun’s for a moment but the group just passed by him. Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately kept quiet after realizing Sehun’s presence next to the door. They were about to enter the classroom but Haerin and Eunhee suddenly popped out completely shocking each other.

 

Haerin’s eyes widened as she saw Kai whose eyes were narrowing on the bruise on her face, “M-mwo? What are you guys doing here?” She asked rather innocently.

 

Sehun took the opportunity to look at the bruise on Haerin’s face. It was very obvious because of its size and dark color. The bruise looked really new though there couldn’t be any possibility that she got that by bumping onto a pole. Sehun thought something else must’ve happened but he didn’t think much through it since it was more important that she’s okay now.

 

“What happened to your face?” Kai asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Oh, this?” Haerin chuckled as she pointed at the bruise on the corner of her lips.

 

“She bumped onto a pole,” Eunhee answered as the guys looked at her for a moment and then eyed back at Haerin. Sehun could see that there’s a conversation happening between Kai and Haerin’s look on each other. It’s like he kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter