KISS.

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
KISS.

 

At 7 AM, Haerin was already awake. She couldn’t sleep after what happened last night. She kept asking questions to her self like why did Sehun do it? Why did Sehun kiss the corner of ? What did he mean when he said ‘us’? What was that electrocuting feeling when he pressed his forehead against her own? One thing is for sure—she had never felt this way before.

 

Sighing and sitting up on her bed, Haerin stared at the huge painting across her but she wasn’t paying any attention to the artwork. She was contemplating. She isn’t the type to deny her own feelings and she knows exactly how she feels. But a part of her was scared to admit that because she knew that if she tells herself exactly what that is, she’d go in too deep and she was afraid she’d fall too hard—with no guarantee of being caught.

 

It wasn’t a very good idea to overthink though she’s been already doing that since she got to bed last night. Haerin thought to just go with the flow and allow her self to have fun and enjoy the moment. She can deal with these feelings when she’s back to Korea and when everything gets clearer between her and him.

 

Haerin took a shower and prepared for the day. She was fast, it was only 8 when she finished preparing. Going down, Haerin could already smell home cooked breakfast and she could already hear chatters coming from outside. When she got down, everyone weren’t inside the house, they were outside the back garden, facing the beach as they all gather for breakfast.

 

The guests last night did not stay nor slept over. All of them went home and back to the hotels they stayed at. Today the house seemed a lot bigger because the only ones that were left are Mr. Xi, Seri, Luhan, Sehun, Haerin and the housekeepers and butlers. She smiled as she stepped out and was greeted by warm smiles from the family.

 

“Good morning, Haerin,” Mr. Xi said as he looked back from his seat. On the other hand, Seri placed a plate of food down and walked to Haerin to give her a warm hug.

 

“Good morning, darling,” Seri said through the hug. Haerin did not hesitate hugging back because she missed having a mother figure. For the longest time, she felt like her mom’s around because Seri was so warmhearted and so caring about her. It’s only been a day but Haerin could definitely feel love in this place.

 

“Good morning,” Haerin muttered shyly as Seri pulled away.

 

“Darling if it’s not too much to ask, could you go wake Sehunnie up for breakfast?” Seri asked, smiling at Haerin who just nodded. She looked at Seri’s back to see Luhan waving at her with a smile too. She lifted her hand to wave back at him and went back inside the mansion to go see Sehun.

 

Her heart was beating fast and she was nervous about seeing Sehun. Truth is, Haerin doesn’t know how to act around him anymore. Are there any changes between them? Are they still the same? She doesn’t know. She took a deep breath as she went up stairs and stood across Sehun’s door. Haerin was thinking of what she’ll do when they see each other. She hopes they aren’t going to be awkward though because she would not want to put them both in such a bothering situation.

 

“Just do it, Haerin,” She whispered to herself and reached for the doorknob, she twisted it slowly and pushed the door open as quiet as possible. She stepped inside and closed the door quietly behind her. Her eyes landed on the lump on the bed, covered of white blanket.

 

She walked towards the bed and stood up at the end of it. Haerin’s eyes widened when Sehun’s sleeping figure moved a bit, this time, exposing his face a little. She walked to the side of his bed and decided to call out his name to wake him up, “Sehun,”

 

Nothing happened.

 

“Sehun, wake up, it’s time for breakfast,” She called again but still nothing happened. Haerin decided to tap him and when she did, it’s like he didn’t even feel a thing. There was no movement, “You’ve got to be kidding me right now,” She whispered to herself.

 

Sitting down on the small space beside him, Haerin looked at his sleeping face. There was no denying he looked like an angel. His eyes were peacefully closed. Haerin thought to herself—she had never taken her time to adore his beautiful face. Haerin let her index finger slowly trace his features—from his forehead, she traced it to the side, going down to his soft cheeks down to his sharp jaw and made its way back up to his forehead again and traced down his tall nose that once brushed on her own last night, and then her soft touch landed on those soft plump lips that kissed the corner of last night. He’s so beautiful.

 

Haerin brushed away the hair that covered his forehead and let her palm rest on his soft cheeks. Realizing that she’s been denying herself of appreciating his good looks before, she sighed at the thought. Everyone in school was aware of how handsome he is and Haerin wouldn’t deny that. But ever since they became close, Haerin never took her time to appreciate his beauty because she was scared. She was scared that his looks would only push her harder on the edge of falling.

 

Shaking the thought out of her head, Haerin was about to pull her hand away from his cheek when he suddenly placed a hand over hers. She gasped a little in shock as he slowly fluttered his eyes open. Her eyes widened as her heartbeat quickened its pace. She quickly pulled her hand away from him and stood up, “Um, b-breakfast is r-ready. You should go down now,”

 

Sehun only chuckled at how cute she looked, stammering like a kid who doesn’t know what else to do. He sat up and shook his head. A part of him felt guilty because he knew he’s the reason why she’s stammering but a part of him liked it because she looked adorable. He barely found Haerin this way so the sight was rather amusing. Sehun stood up next to her, incredibly close. Her body tensed a little. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she felt his front pressed on her back. His back hug eased her out for a moment. It just felt so comforting.

 

He let his chin rest on her shoulder as he breathed in the scent of her hair, “You okay?” He asked softly.

 

“Yeah,” She smiled and stepped away from his hug—much to Sehun’s dismay, “Just go down for breakfast, alright? See you downstairs,” She said, turning away and left the room.

 

-

 

Just as Sehun got down, he heard a loud laugh coming from the garden. There were so much chattering and he thought that it wouldn’t be that noisy unless some guests actually stayed last night but as far as he remembers, all the guests left. He walked to the back door and from afar he could see Haerin laughing with his cousins, namely—Jongdae, Yixing, Minseok and Yifan. He felt his heart being pinched and for some reasons, he ended up being annoyed. She was sitting between Luhan and Yifan and he hated it.

 

Seri and Mr. Xi were there too, laughing along to what Jongdae was telling and they were all throwing their heads back as they continued to laugh loudly. On the other hand, Sehun just rolled his eyes and was about to go back inside but he got caught.

 

“Oh, Sehunnie, come join us for breakfast!” His mother yelled from afar as the laughter died down slowly and their attention shifted to the pissed Sehun.

 

Haerin looked at him, she immediately knew something was bothering him. It was so obvious in his face. Though everyone probably thought it was just nothing because they were used to this kind of Sehun. She watched him walk towards them and he just passed by coldly. Haerin was kind of disappointed that he didn’t seat near her because Yifan and Luhan were sitting next to her. Sehun occupied the chair at the other end and ate breakfast silently.

 

“Sehunnie, we missed you!” Yixing exclaimed cheerfully, sincerely as the other three nodded and looked at their youngest, cold cousin.

 

“Is it true that you’ll be leaving tomorrow night already?” Minseok asked.

 

“Yes,” Sehun replied monotonously, earning a look from Haerin who could read the black vibe coming from him though he was chairs away from her.

 

“Aw! Why so soon, Sehunnie?! Can’t you stay a little longer?!” Jongdae whined with a pout but too bad, Sehun did not even dare look at him. He just coldly focused on his food and ate very little.

 

“Yeah, can’t you stay a little longer? Besides, we just got to know Haerinnie right here!” Yifan said as he received a look from Sehun the moment he used ‘Haerinnie’ as a pet name. The innocent Yifan just lunged an arm around Haerin’s shoulder and Sehun felt a pang in his heart. He was trying his best not to tell his cousin off.

 

Luhan noticed the look that Sehun had on his face so he did the honors of removing Yifan’s arm off of Haerin’s shoulder, “Well the two of them are still attending school so they can’t prolong their stay here,” Luhan added.

 

“Aw, that’s sad,” Yixing pouted.

 

“Don’t you guys sulk over it. You’ll have time to spend with your cousin and Haerinnie this afternoon,” Seri announced as Sehun looked up at her only to find his mom eyeing at him with a meaningful smile. He arched a brow that caused her to smirk and lose eye contact from his son.

 

“Oh yeah, we’ll be going around town!” Luhan happily exclaimed as the guys cheered on.

 

“We’ll show you around exciting places,” Minseok said as he hung an arm around Sehun who just gave him a cold look. Minseok just chuckled sheepishly and removed his arms off of his cousin, knowing that he hates skinship—well, not with Haerin, of course.

 

“Really?” Haerin asked, a little surprised.

 

“Yes. I’m sure you’ll love it!” Yifan smiled big and hung an arm around Haerin who looked just as excited as the other guys, except Sehun. He was really trying his best not to launch himself at Yifan for hanging his arm around Haerin.

 

“I’ll just stay here. Excuse me,” Sehun coldly said as he pushed his chair backwards and stood up. He lightly threw his table napkin on the table and left the area. Everyone was quite surprised with his sudden action, but the four cousins thought it was normal of Sehun. On the other hand, Haerin, Luhan and Seri could sense that something was wrong as they watched the cold guy go back inside.

 

“I thought you said he changed?” Jongdae made a face at Luhan.

 

“Um, excuse me,” Haerin smiled and bowed lightly before leaving the table.

 

“If I die, this is all your fault,” Yifan mumbled to Luhan who displayed a smirk on his face. Luhan planned something that included Sehun, Haerin and Yifan. He believes it will do the trick to help his brother lunge himself closer to Haerin—the good old make-the-other-guy-jealous tactic—so Sehun could burst out his feelings and live happily ever after with Haerin.

 

“Shut up, it’s working,” Luhan said as he watched Haerin from afar who went after Sehun.

 

-

 

Haerin followed Sehun to his room. He sat down on his bed and took his phone. Completely ignoring Haerin, he just plugged his earphones and listened to music. She stood across him as if she doesn’t exist. Haerin crossed her arms and darted him a look.

 

“Yah, Oh Sehun!” She exclaimed but Sehun just ended up resting his back on the headboard of his bed, scrolling through his phone, “Are you seriously going to ignore me?” She asked, glaring at him. Still, Sehun did not look at her. It was really as if she wasn’t there.

 

“Alright. Fine then. Ignore me.” She walked out of the room, disappointed and quite pissed. Halfway down the stairs, she met Seri who only gave her a warm smile.

 

“How did it go darling?” She asked as Haerin sighed and lowered her head. It was enough to tell Seri that things didn’t go well, “I’ll go talk to him then. Go get ready to leave, the boys already built the itinerary for today,” She smiled warmly as Haerin nodded and went back to her guest room. Meanwhile, Seri went to Sehun’s room.

 

Haerin grabbed her coat and her phone. She ran back to the garden and found the guys talking but this time Mr. Xi wasn’t around. Luhan saw her and signaled her to join them. She smiled and ran to the boys to join their little conversation. She sat on her previous spot but this time, Luhan’s chair was empty because he moved to Mr. Xi’s chair, leaving her with just Yifan on her right side.

 

“So, did you convince Sehun to go with us?” Minseok beamed as Haerin sighed and shook her head.

 

“Trust me, he’ll go,” Luhan smirked as the only girl shrugged.

 

“It seems like he won’t. Have you seen his face? He doesn’t look too happy to see us,” Yixing pouted.

 

“Nah, he’s just not happy that we’re all over his Haerinnie,” Luhan teased making Haerin to shot him a glare as the boys chuckled and nodded in understanding.

 

“I’m not his Haerin. I’m nobody’s,” Haerin stated in a matter-of-fact tone as they rolled their eyes, mocking her more, “Aigoo, no wonder Sehunnie doesn’t miss you,” She mumbled and made a face as they burst out laughing.

 

“Well if you’re not Sehun’s, I should be stepping up my game so I could take you out on a date,” Jongdae teased making Haerin to widen her eyes in quite a shock. Everyone chuckled at the troll’s statement. They knew he was just playing, but Haerin was not aware of how much of a troll he is.

 

“What the heck are you talking about,” Haerin said, barely audible as she gulped.

 

“Ah- it looks like you’re gonna have to retaliate Jongdae,” Minseok said as he pointed behind Luhan’s direction. Everyone turned and saw Seri walking out with Sehun behind her, dressed up to leave. Sehun is definitely going with them.

 

“Is he finally going with us?” Luhan asked as the mother and son approached them.

 

“Yes. Sehunnie is going with you guys.” Seri announced happily as her eyes landed on Haerin who refused to look at Sehun, “He said he’ll go for Haerinnie,” Her statement made Haerin to look up, her cheeks turning red.

 

“Aw, Aunt Seri, why?!” Jongdae whined.

 

“What’s your problem Jongdae?” Seri arched a brow at the whining troll.

 

“I was going to step up my game!” He teased as Seri plastered a confused face.

 

“He was planning to step up his game so he could take Haerinnie on a date, but since our Sehunnie is coming with us, it’s not happening for our Jongdae here,” Minseok said by explanation as Sehun darted a dirty look at his troll cousin. Everyone knew he was playing, even Sehun but he just doesn’t like it. It wasn’t valid to him.

 

“Jongdae, you’re such a kid. Now quit fooling around and go,” Seri said as they all stood up. They decided to take the van instead so they wouldn’t have to bring their separate cars.

 

In the van, they all fought who was going to drive—except for Haerin and Sehun who did not get any say in the matter—in the end, it was Yifan who had to drive for them. Sitting in the passenger’s seat, next to Yifan is Luhan. At the back, Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing went for the farther backseat, leaving Haerin to seat at the middle row next to the window and beside her is Sehun.

 

Luhan looked back to give the three guys in the farther back a meaningful look. Well when everyone was gone, Luhan told the others about his little plan that everyone seemed to agree upon. They love Sehun like their little brother so they support

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter