I LIKE HER

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I LIKE HER

“CHINA?!” Haerin exclaimed after recovering from choking on her beverage. Sehun had just told her that he’s inviting Haerin to celebrate his mother’s birthday on the coming weekend but it’s all the way in China. He assured him that it was an all-expense paid trip and all she needs to do is pack her bags and leave with him.

 

“Yes, China. Is there a problem with that?” He arched a brow as he calmly sipped his chocolate bubble tea. The two of them stopped by the bubble teahouse after their dance practice and stayed there for a bit.

 

“Um I don’t know Sehun. Is there a problem? I mean it’s not like China is out of the country and overseas,” Her statement draped in sarcasm as Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes. He was really hoping she’d say yes because he didn’t want to go away and not see her while he’s in another country. Though it was just for the weekend, Sehun knew to himself that he’d miss her a lot.

 

“I’m going to have to tell Luhan hyung you aren’t going then,” Sehun sighed, hoping that the mention of his hyung’s name would change her mind.

 

“Why do you need to tell him?” Haerin arched a brow.

 

“It was his idea to invite you,” Sehun spoke as he pulled out his phone from his pocket and quickly gave Luhan a call. Haerin watched him as he pressed his phone against his ear and in a few rings, Luhan answered.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Luhan asked.

 

“Hyung, I’m with Haerin,”

 

“Oh. Did you tell her about the trip to China?” Luhan asked.

 

“I did. But she rejected the invitation. She said she-” before Sehun could continue, Haerin stole the phone from Sehun’s hand and immediately took over the call.

 

“Luhan-oppa!” Haerin exclaimed as Sehun rolled his eyes as he felt something bitter in him hearing her call his brother ‘oppa’. Well Luhan’s a lot older than her but somehow it just pinched Sehun’s heart, “…Aniya! It’s not like that! It’s just that- oh, yes. Um I guess so? Why though, oppa? Hmm, okay. Here’s Sehun,” She gave the phone back as Sehun wondered what they talked about.

 

“Oh, hyung.” Sehun plainly answered.

 

“Sehunnie, will you please drop off Haerin-ssi at my place?” Luhan’s question made Sehun to choke on his bubble tea and he had to punch his chest twice before speaking.

 

“Mwo ya?” He said, a little shocked and intrigued.

 

“Just do it. Don’t worry I won’t steal her from you. I’ll send her home too so you don’t have to stay behind,”

 

“Yah, hyung.” Sehun sounded reprimandingly as he heard his stepbrother sigh on the other end of the line, “Do you want me to kill you?” He threatened as Luhan chuckled.

 

“You’ll thank me after this, I swear. I can make her agree to go with us…that’s if you want her to go. I mean you can just say so if you-”

 

“Alright, alright. Shut up. I’ll drop her off.” He hissed and hung up the phone. He then gave Haerin a look who innocently just looked up at him.

 

“What was that about?”

 

“If he says anything stupid to you, just don’t listen to him okay? Let’s go after you eat.” He said by explanation as Haerin nodded and obeyed. Well Sehun looked like he’s about to throw a fit if she dares to ask more so she didn’t bother. Right after eating, Sehun walked her to Luhan’s condominium. It was Haerin’s first time there and she wasn’t really familiar with the area.

 

They got up to the 38th floor where Luhan’s unit is. Walking down the hall, Haerin could feel uncomfortable already. Well she wasn’t good with new environments. She wasn’t used to being there so she was conscious and uncomfortable. They stopped at Unit 3891—Luhan’s place—Sehun knocked.

 

“Hold on a second!” They heard Luhan yell and footsteps rushing to the door. After waiting, the door swung open and revealed a Luhan who was wearing a pair of khaki pants, a blue sweater and an apron around him. He beamed an excited smile as he rasied a hand to wave but Haerin only chuckled when she noticed that he was wearing a kitchen mitt, “Annyeong Haerin-ssi! Come inside!”

 

“Hyung what are you wearing?” Sehun asked, a little embarrassed as they both went inside, letting Haerin enter the place first.

 

“What? I got this apron the other day. Isn’t it nice?” Luhan asked as he looked down on his powder blue apron.

 

“I thought you were a ‘manly man’,” Sehun quoted.

 

“I’m still a manly man! Just…a manly man with an apron,” Luhan sheepishly smiled as he rubbed the back of his head, “Besides, Haerin thinks it looks good, right Haerin?” He beamed a huge smile at Haerin who only giggled and nodded.

 

“Ne, it’s still very manly, oppa,” She said with two thumbs up. Sehun almost want to groan in frustration after hearing her compliment his hyung. He isn’t really comfortable with how close they’re getting and they’ve only met about three times.

 

“Well, you should sit here and wait. I’m cooking dinner. I hope you don’t mind Chinese food,” Luhan said as Haerin shook her head with a warm smile, “Good. Oh, and Sehun you may now go,” Luhan’s statement shocked Haerin a little. She wasn’t aware that Sehun was going to leave.

Sehun saw a trace of worry in her face so he thought it’s best to assure her, “Luhan hyung will take you home. Don’t worry, he’s only going to talk to you,” He warmly smiled at her.

 

“Am I in trouble?” Haerin innocently asked as she shifted her gaze from Sehun to Luhan.

 

“Ani,” Luhan chuckled.

 

“I’ll go now okay?” Sehun softly said as Haerin gazed at him, “You’ll be fine,” He muttered.

 

“Okay. Get home safely,” Haerin smiled. The two of them stared at each other and Luhan could tell that they were both waiting for something—a simple gesture of goodbye—like a goodbye kiss or a goodbye hug. But disappointment hit the older guy when the two lovebirds just separated after smiling at each other.

 

Sehun waved at both of them and left the place, “Aigoo, what was that?” Luhan said as soon as Sehun closed his front door.

 

“What was what oppa?” Haerin innocently asked.

 

“Nothing. Anyway, let’s go eat now, shall we?” He asked politely and lead the way to his dining table. Haerin sat on one of the chairs and Luhan prepared the food. After doing so, he sat across her and they started eating.

 

“Oppa, why did you want to talk to me?” Haerin asked.

 

“About that…” Luhan trailed off and gulped as he gazed at Haerin, “I actually wanted to talk to you because I want you to come with Sehun to China,” He said as Haerin almost spilt the beverage that she was drinking.

 

“Mwo ya?!”

 

“It’s our mom’s birthday and she invited a few other family members to go too. But this time, she invited Sehun’s real father…” His statement made Haerin to look at him a bit confused though she was aware of Sehun’s family background, “It’s been years since Sehun has seen him and they haven’t reconciled yet. Our mom thinks that maybe on her birthday the two would make up.”

 

“Then what does that have to do with me going to China?” Haerin asked.

 

“Sehun hates his real father. He’ll get mad the second he sees the man so this is where you come in. For the past weeks, my brother had changed bit by bit and it’s all because of you. Knowing his feelings, I know he would calm himself down when you’re with him,”

 

“Wait, why me?”

 

“Haerin, trust me, Sehun will pack his bags and leave China the moment he sees his dad and if you’re there, you can encourage him to stop from going and push him to reconcile with his dad,” Luhan said as his eyes bore into Haerin’s like they were pleading and hoping.

 

“But-”

 

“Please Haerin. I know you can do it. I mean look at Sehun right now and compare him to the guy he was before you befriended him. You encouraged him to be the guy he is now and I’m pretty sure encouraging him to stay for his mom’s birthday wouldn’t be hard,” Luhan made his point and Haerin couldn’t do anything but sigh.

 

“Don’t put so much faith in me, oppa. I still don’t know as to what extent his patience will stretch for me,” Her statement made Luhan smirk—because he was aware that Sehun will have no choice but to agree when Haerin starts encouraging him.

 

“Trust me, it will stretch way longer than you think,” He said.

 

“Okay, fine. I’ll go,” Haerin said as Luhan plastered a huge grin and clapped his hands twice, “But! That’s just me agreeing. I’ll have to ask my uncle to let me go. If he doesn’t agree then-”

 

“I’ll talk to him,”

 

“Mwo?! Are you crazy oppa?!”

 

“I can do crazy things for the sake of my brother,” Luhan nodded as Haerin plastered a warm smile after hearing what Luhan had said.

 

-

 

“CHINA?!” Her uncle exclaimed as Luhan and Haerin sat across the man. The two went straight to Haerin’s apartment as soon as they finished their dinner. Like what Luhan told Haerin earlier, he’s willing to ask permission from her uncle to let her go with them.

 

“Yes, sir. We’ll be taking our leave at Friday afternoon, after Haerin’s classes and then be back at Sunday night.” Luhan said by explanation as he smiled warmly at the old man. Haerin on the other hand fidgeted with her fingers, afraid that her uncle might not just agree on the plan but also throw a fit right in front of their guest, Luhan.

 

“No. We have so much going on, she won’t be able to avail plane tickets-”

 

“That’s no problem, sir. I will be paying the plane tickets myself anyway.” Luhan warmly smiled as Haerin whipped her head to look at Luhan in surprise. Okay, she knew that tickets were free but she wasn’t aware that Luhan is paying. If it were Sehun, she would’ve agreed because they’re friends but Luhan? She met her thrice.

 

“Is that so?” Her uncle arched a brow at Luhan who only nodded politely.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter