ALWAYS

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ALWAYS

 

They sat inside a luxurious restaurant and Haerin couldn’t feel more out of place. She was wearing her school uniform, which looked decent but she just feels like it’s not something she would wear in that high-end place. It’s definitely her place to be. What made her more conscious about her appearance was the fact that there’s a girl about her age, sitting across her. Her face had strong features and she’s really beyond beautiful. No wonder the guys all turned their heads when they all entered the restaurant. Her hair was clipped to one side that made her look radiant. She wore light make-up and her lips were thin and glossy. She was equally quiet and would smile occasionally at Haerin when their gazes met. On the other hand, Songhun was not as pleasing as the girl beside him. He kept a straight face and his black aura just floated around him. Haerin knew nothing about this dinner will go well.

 

“I’m here to talk to you about Sehun and his future,” Songhun said after the waitress placed their food on the table. It was a huge amount of food. Haerin was a bit surprised that even on the empty chair next to the girl had been served food. Who else is coming? Haerin thought to herself.

 

“This is Krystal Jung,” Songhun introduced the girl as Haerin dragged her eyes back to the girl across her. Krystal politely smiled and bowed lightly at Haerin who returned the gesture as well, “She’s Sehun’s fiancé,”

 

Haerin froze. hung open as she stared at Krystal. Her heart dropped six feet underground. She just couldn’t contemplate on anything else but the fact that she’s actually looking at Sehun’s fiancé. Krystal smiled at her and from the looks of it, she probably doesn’t know who Haerin is to Sehun.

 

“It’s nice to meet you. Uncle Songhun said you’re Sehun’s best friend and you could help me get to know him,” Krystal smiled as Haerin’s heart slowly broke into pieces. She wanted to run away now but her feet won’t move, her body won’t move, she’s paralyzed on her place.

 

“You know Krystal, Haerin here actually helped Sehun move on from his previous relationship. I owe her that,” Songhun said as Haerin felt mocked. Was he saying these things to push her to her limit?

 

“Oh my god. So it is true. You’re the girl that saved him from his depression. Hunhun’s been miserable for quite some time now,” Krystal said with quite a bright tone. To be honest it sounded a bit offending on Haerin’s part, calling Sehun miserable was not really thrilling for her. Miserable was not the word she’d use to describe his past state.

 

“I’m really glad he’s over Youngmin. I don’t want to marry Hunhun while still mourning over his dead ex,” Every second, Krystal’s beauty fades in Haerin’s eyes. She’s horrendous. Haerin thought to herself.

 

They suddenly recognized the presence of the guy they were just talking about—Sehun. He looked quite astounded that Haerin was there. His brows immediately furrowed as he darted a glare at his own father. Krystal jumped out of her chair and clung onto Sehun’s arm, which Haerin avoided to see by looking down on her food.

 

“Hunhun! I missed you!” Krystal beamed and pulled Sehun into a tight hug. He didn’t want to be impolite and rude so he just let her hug him but he did not dare hug back. His eyes kept locked on Haerin who was still just looking down on her food. He felt guilty that she had to be here and witness this.

 

Krystal pulled him to the chair next to her and he sat down unwillingly as he looked at Haerin. At the moment, it seems like Krystal was the only one enthusiastic about dinner.

 

“How have you been Hunhun? It’s been a long time since we last saw each other! Omo, what happened to your lips?” Krystal asked, her eyes focused on him and the band-aid plastered on the corner of his lips but she didn’t get any response. She saw how he was looking at the girl across them, silently. For a moment, Krystal felt uncomfortable.

 

“By the way, I’m glad to hear that you’re okay now. Uncle Songhun said your best friend Haerin here, helped you get over Youngmin. Congratulations, Hunhun! I’m really happy you’ve moved on from your dead ex. I guess we can start fresh now.” She said and clung onto his arm as Sehun darted her a meaningful look. Her statement made Haerin look up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

 

Haerin stood up, catching the attention of everyone around the table and some people eating around them. Sehun immediately shot her a worried look while Songhun and Krystal looked at her, nonplussed.

 

“If you’re going to have your son marry someone, at least pick someone who has the decency to accept Sehun’s past relationship. If you really want the best for him, you wouldn’t pick a girl who constantly brings up his ex girlfriend who is now at peace. Or maybe choose a girl who wouldn’t call your son depressed and miserable because to be honest, it hurts,” The three of them were surprised of Haerin’s statement.  Even Sehun couldn’t believe that Haerin was saying such.

 

Haerin suddenly eyed at Krystal who only gave her a meaningful look, “If you really knew what Sehun has been through, you would shut that disrespectful mouth of yours. And don’t think you can just talk about him and his depression because none of us here has any idea what he had to go through. Oh and if I were you, I wouldn’t use the word ‘miserable’ to describe the person I love because if you understood him for at least one bit, you’d figure he wasn’t miserable at all,”

 

Krystal scoffed, “Wow, you really are one heck of a best friend-”

 

“I’m not just his best friend. I’m his girlfriend,” Haerin’s statement got Krystal and Songhun gaping at her. They were quite surprised. Even Sehun was taken aback but then his lips slowly formed into a smile after hearing her defend the both of them.

 

“If you’ll excuse me, I have more important things to do than sit with inconsiderate people like you,” She bowed politely and grabbed her bag. Haerin walked out of the restaurant.

 

“What did she say?!” Krystal gasped as she crossed her arms with furrowed eyebrows, looking upset.

 

“I hope you realize that pulling a stunt like this to break us up is never going to work. If you’ll excuse me, I’ll go after my girlfriend. Have a nice dinner,” Sehun stood up and walked out of the restaurant. Once he was out, he looked from side to side to see if Haerin was still near. He suddenly saw a familiar girl about to cross the street, fixing her bag. He smiled and ran to her.

 

Sehun caught her in the middle of the pedestrian lane. He tugged on her wrist taking her by surprise. He immediately cupped her face and crashed his lips onto her. Haerin dropped her bag as she was bewildered with Sehun’s act of love but she eventually kissed back. With closed eyes they just let their lips crash onto each other, not minding if there were passers-by looking at them or people in their vehicles staring at them, astounded.

 

The red light turned green and the cars honked making the two jump and pull away from the kiss they shared romantically and publicly in the middle of the street. They ended up laughing. Sehun picked up her bag and squeezed her hand as he dragged her with him.

 

The two of them ended up at a park. Panting, they both stopped their tracks without letting go of each other’s hand. They were still laughing, thinking at how crazy they must have looked. Haerin looked back and saw some people staring oddly at them but she just laughed it off. When she faced Sehun, he wasn’t laughing anymore, instead he was smiling widely at her.

 

“And you’re smiling because?”

 

Sehun tugged her wrist and pulled her closer to him. His hands wrapped around her waist as she blushed madly, “What you did back there in the restaurant is by far the bravest thing you’ve ever done,” He spoke as she chuckled and shook her head.

 

“I’ve just had too much crap for the day so I kind of just blew up right then and there,” She muttered lowly with a small smile.

 

Sehun pressed his lips on her forehead, “Thank you for standing up for me and for not breaking up with me all because of that,”

 

“To be honest, I was thinking of breaking up with you because she’s really gorgeous and your father seems to like her a lot for you but then she started talking and I figured, there’s no way I’m letting you end up with someone like her. You’re better off with me,” He chuckled at her statement and looked down on her.

 

“Should I call you Hunhun?” Haerin teased as Sehun rolled his eyes that made her almost laugh too loudly, “Huh, Hunhun?” She nudged.

 

“That nickname makes me sick,” He shuddered at the thought as Haerin giggled.

 

“Yup, I am most definitely going to call you Hunhun,” She laughed.

 

“I swear if you call me that-” Haerin suddenly pecked his lips before he could continue his sentence. She laughed at him for a moment and he just smiled widely at her. Sehun hung her ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter