FALLING, LITERALLY

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FALLING, LITERALLY

 

It’s already been a week since Sehun and Haerin had been paired to join the school’s talent showcase together. Everyone else were a bit bummed when their teacher announced the final pairs and groups and heard that the new girl, Haerin, gets to work with Sehun and not at least one of them had ever worked with him through a dance. He was always ‘unavailable’ for everyone else’s time and that made them think that maybe he’s just too good for them. Besides, the entire class still thinks that he belongs in 4A, where the top performers are. Yes, Sehun is that good.

 

“I can’t believe you’re going one-on-one with Oh Sehun,” Haerin’s science lab partner—Eunhee—said as she poured the green colored chemical in one of the beakers. Meanwhile, Haerin gazed at Sehun who was working diligently with his lab partner at the other end of the room where his laboratory seat is.

 

“Do you know him well Eunhee-ah?” Haerin asked, removing her eyes away from Sehun and came to look at her partner who was now mixing the chemicals together focused but slightly drifted from the activity.

 

“Hmm, not well. I just know what people say about him.”

 

Haerin’s eyes widened and fell, gaping at her partner. She knows that Sehun was mysterious and everything but she didn’t really think that he’d become the talk of the town and she idly wondered if Sehun has heard any of these things that are being said about him.

 

“What do people say about him?”

 

“Good things or bad things, which do you want to hear first?” Eunhee’s question made Haerin pout. To her, it was one thing to judge someone but then to say bad things about someone without completely knowing him is a completely different story.

 

“They all say different things about him, from school hottie to man and everything good and bad between that. I mean you know how stupid other students are. They think he’s a playboy behind his acts. Some thinks he brings girls in an old building and takes advantage of them while some thinks he’s heaven’s gift to women. In the end, it’s really up to you. Believe what you want to believe,” Eunhee’s statement even made Haerin more surprised than she is. Haerin couldn’t believe the words that escaped as to what other students thought of Sehun. It’s like no one ever gave themselves a chance to know him. It completely disgusted Haerin. High school can get pretty ugly.

 

“I don’t think he’s like that though. I mean sure he’s cold and quiet but he’s nice,” Haerin said.

 

“When was he nice to you? When was he nice to anyone? I heard he walked out on our classmate yesterday after asking him out for lunch,” Haerin hated how Eunhee was making such a good point about Sehun.

 

“Still. I think people have no right to call him a ‘man ’ or whatever bad things they call him. It won’t hurt to get to know him, right?”

 

“Yah, Sun Haerin. Why are you defending him? Don’t tell me you like him too like more than half of the girls in class?”

 

“Aniya, I just think it’s not fair on his side that he gets judged. Don’t you think so Eunhee-ah?”

 

“Aish, molla,” Eunhee sighed and continued on with their experiment.

 

Meanwhile, on Sehun’s side. He was paired up with one of the girls in class who adored him a lot. She was doing her part but she kept her eyes glued to Sehun, making everything she does a bit wrong. On the other hand, Sehun was doing a great job not minding her though he was annoyed deep inside. She’s been staring too long now. She’s been staring since they started the lab activity.

 

Sehun finally turned his head to look at his partner and quickly the girl looked away. Going back to mixing the right chemicals together, Sehun took the beaker and lifted it near his face, checking if he got it on the right amount.

 

“Umm, oppa…” The girl suddenly spoke making Sehun to ignore her more. He had a feeling that she was referring to him since they weren’t sharing tables with any other pairs. He hates being called ‘oppa’, he hates it so much that he didn’t want to hear anyone call him that. But it seems like the girls who admired him would keep calling him that all the time.

 

“Yah…oppa,” She tugged on Sehun’s lab gown as the cold guy beamed a cold look at her. She was immediately intimidated by his look. She bowed her head and let go of Sehun’s lab gown.

 

“I was wondering if you and Haerin could join our group for the talent showcase. We’d be very happy to have you…and Haerin…though she couldn’t dance well,” Her voice faded and tried to make her last words a whisper but Sehun heard all of it. He found it rude that she had to say something about Haerin’s skills. He felt like it wasn’t necessary considering that she was just going to ask them to be a part of their group.

 

He just shook his head and continued on with the experiment. The girl pouted and tried to do an aegyo that caught Sehun’s attention.

 

Is she asking for a punch in the face? Sehun thought to himself and then ignored the girl again but looking back at the beaker.

 

Their science class ended and everyone else were asked to walk back to their classrooms now. Sehun went out the room with his hands in his pockets. He was thinking of passing by a bubble teahouse later and by himself a chocolate bubble tea before going to the cemetery and visit Youngmin.

 

“Sehun-ssi!” Sehun familiarized the voice. He knows this voice very well by now since she’s been calling his name a lot and he’s completely annoyed by it. He didn’t turn and ignored the call although she was shouting his name through the hallway and their other classmates probably heard of it too.

 

After three consecutive calls from Haerin and Sehun still didn’t turn, she decided that it’s best to stop and approach him instead. Since the science lab was on the fifth floor the class had to use the stairwell near the lab going to the 3rd floor where their room is.

 

Haerin ran towards Sehun with a huge smile on her face before he could walk down the stairwell, “Sehun-ssi!”

 

“So I was thinking about starting our practice for the talent showcase because I need ample of time to learn dance steps. What do you think?” She asked as they walked down the stairs but Sehun ignored her. He wasn’t in the mood to talk about it. He wasn’t in the mood to talk to her. He wasn’t in the mood to talk at all.

 

“Or we could talk about the music we’re going to use. I’m thinking of mash-ups and remixes, they’re all good beats that we can dance to!” She sounded so excited but Sehun wasn’t feeling the same. Not at all. He was starting to get annoyed with her constant talking. Sehun stopped his tracks as they stood in the middle of the stairwell. He gave her a look that made her zip . And for a second they remained like that. Soon, Sehun resumed walking and Haerin planned on following him.

 

“Oh! Oh! I got an idea!” She said cheerfully as he followed behind him. Eventually, Haerin caught up with Sehun and she was now walking down by his side again. Haerin took a wrong step making her foot land on the edge of one stair. She tried to save herself by grabbing onto Sehun’s arm but her hand slipped.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter