SUDDEN OUTBURST

Keep Moving Forward [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUDDEN OUTBURST

 

By the time Sehun and Haerin arrived at the apartment, it started to rain hard again. The weather was being tricky. This time it rained as hard as it did this afternoon with lightning and thunder. Haerin couldn’t help but grow worried of her uncle whom she heard had gone fishing with a friend.

 

They entered the apartment and Sehun punched the switch of the lights open. It was almost midnight and he was more tired than she was. They went around for an hour, looking for a friend that would take Haerin in but unfortunately no one did because it was too sudden. Fortunately for her, Sehun was more than willing to take her in for the night.

 

He was guilty that she waited under the rain for him though he didn’t plan on going. He mentally thanked his instincts because if it wasn’t for him, she could’ve waited there for more hours possible and have him not show up. Sehun idly wondered as to why she had to do such a nice deed. He remembered her saying that she stayed there because she was afraid that he’d show up and not see her there. To him, he guessed that her health was more important but after what happened today, Sehun thinks that she’s the type to put others first before her self.

 

Thinking of it, he never really gave himself a chance to read through her—what was she really like or was she always the annoying smiley-faced person—Sehun was never the first person to care about such but because she was starting to have an unknown effect on him, he just starts to wonder silently.

 

“Here’s the guest room, you can doze off here,” Sehun informed as he opened the first door to the right of the hall, just next to his room. He switched on the lights and revealed a comfy room. The bed was covered in white neat sheets, four fluffy pillows and a thick comforter on top. It had a small chest of drawers across it and a two-door cabinet on the far left corner. Like his room, there’s also a small bedside table with a lamp on top.

 

“Thank you,” She smiled shyly with a light bow.

 

“If you’re hungry or anything, you can help yourself with the fridge and the microwave or cook something. It’s up to you. Just don’t burn my apartment down,” Sehun informed and then yawned. He looked pretty tired considering that he did more dancing than her. She nodded in response with a small smile across her face.

 

He left her and went inside his room. She was bewildered with the amount of trust he has given her. Well she didn’t really take him for someone who would let someone stay in his apartment after seeing how he got rid of his brother this afternoon. It was already too much for her to take in when he told her she could stay for the night and now he’s even trusts her to use his kitchen if ever she’s starving. It was just odd.

 

Isn’t he being too nice or is it just me? She thought to herself as she sighed and shook her head. Without thinking too much into it more than she could have, Haerin entered the guest room and closed the door behind her. She plopped on the bed, back first as she stared up the ceiling. Her thoughts started to eat her once again but just as she was about to get into deep of her thoughts, the power went off.

 

Pitch black. She couldn’t see a thing. A loud thunderstruck caused her to gasp and sit up with wide eyes. Now she’s panicking inside. She wasn’t really the bravest person in the dark and she always let her imagination eat her courage away. She lifted her foot up as she imagined a hand trying to drag her foot. She was scaring herself and she couldn’t help it. That was how her brain worked in the dark. A natural coward as she is, she wanted to get out of the room but in the process of climbing out of bed, she struggled in the dark. She bumped onto the cabinet, not knowing how she got near it considering that it was on the other side of the room. The next thing she hit was the chest of drawers.

 

“What the hell,” She whispered lowly as she held her stomach where most impact of the hit were.

 

Sehun on the other room quickly opened his eyes and came to his senses after hearing the first two thuds from the other room. The noise of falling little things—probably the ones on top of the chest of drawers—got him to sit up. He tried to switch on his lamp and because it wouldn’t light up, that’s when he figured that the power was down. After hearing two consecutive thunderstruck, he heard a girls whimper on the next room.

 

His foot automatically dragged him to the guest room. He opened the door but couldn’t see a thing.

 

“Haerin? Where are you? Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. But I think I broke some of your stuff. I’m sorry,” He sighed in relief after hearing her voice. She sounded really sorry though.

 

“That’s okay. Don’t mind it,” He brushed it off but he was frustrated that he couldn’t see a thing.

 

Suddenly a crackling sound was heard and from the sound of it, they were like glass pieces and then Haerin’s voice followed, “Ouch!”

 

“What happened? Are you okay?” Sehun quickly asked as he took a step forward and followed where he heard her voice.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I think my hand caught a broken glass or something,” She said and hissed as she held her hand with pressure. She could definitely feel liquid from her skin—blood. She hissed some more after pressing her other hand on the fresh cut.

 

To her surprise she felt a touch on her arm, “I’m here,” Sehun said.

 

Because his hand slid down to reach for her hand, Sehun felt the liquid particle on her wounded skin, “Is…is this blood?” He asked.

 

“Y-yeah I think so. I wounded myself. Sorry.”

 

“Will you stop apologizing?” He annoyingly asked. She’s already said sorry too much today and Sehun’s had enough of her apologies.

 

“Oh sorry.” Her reply made him sigh and roll his eyes on her and even though Haerin couldn’t see, she could just imagine how he looked since he always does it in front of her.

 

“Follow my pace and be careful. You can’t injure your foot too,” He said. Haerin soon felt his hand hold her arm and slowly drag her off of where she stood. They slowly walked out of the room because they couldn’t see a thing and neither of them wanted to get hurt, bumping at the furniture or anything.

 

Sehun led them to the living room. He asked her to sit on the couch and keep applying pressure on her hand while he looks for the first aid kit. It bothered Haerin how the thunder and lightning would cast a light in the room allowing her to see its appearance for not even a second and then it’s back to pitch black again. The loud raindrop on the roof and outside even made it scarier for her, especially now that Sehun’s far from her. She just doesn’t feel safe.

 

She suddenly saw a dim light coming from Sehun’s room. He came out carrying his phone—which had a flashlight. It was such a relief for her to see his face through the dark. On his other hand, he carried the first aid kit and walked back to her. Eventually, Haerin moved away to give him space to sit on. He placed the phone on the space between them, allowing the light to cascade on their small space and see each other’s faces although on dim light only.

 

“Let me see that,” Sehun said as he held out a hand, asking for hers. She hesitantly put her hand forward, allowing him to examine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter