A dream should remain a dream

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

I ran to Wooyoung who looked like he was in a trance. 

"Wooyoung!" ... "Wooyoung!"

I began shaking him, but then finally, he came back to reality. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh uhm-- nothing..." 

We both kneeled down and cleaned up the bulgogi off the floor. 

What a waste... My stomache hurts... I tried my best to it up.

Aigoo.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I can take care of this myself." Wooyoung mumbled. 

What happened to him? It was only a second ago that he was gone. Why does he seem so sad?

When Wooyoung finished cleaning the mess, we all apologized to the chef for wasting such delicate food. 

"Aish." Taeyeon began, "That was close. Ahhh, why are you so clumsy, Wooyoung?" She softly hit his head. 

All of our plans for the day were pretty much cancled because Wooyoung said he didn't feel that well. 

What was wrong with him?

------------------------------------------------------------

I tilted my head in a 90 degree angle as I watched Wooyoung do a freeze. How in the world can he do that without falling down and breaking his bones? Aigoo. What a supportive friend I am, huh? 

"Taeyeon unnie," I whined, "What should we do today?"

"What should we do today, Wooyoung?" She said, turning to Wooyoung's direction. 

"I don't know," He quietly said, "Ask Miyoung-Ah~"

Wow, it's back to me again. Aigoo.

"Let's-- let's go to the beach in ... In Boryeong!" 

"Aish," Taeyeon complained, "That's about 45 minutes away!" 

"I'm okay with it," Wooyoung joined in, smiling.

"Ahh," I smiled, "Look, Wooyoung's willing to come, unnie!"

"I figured," She mumbled, laughing, "Let's go, but first we have to get our bathing suites and stuff."

"We both brought our bathing suites~~~"

Her eyes widened, "Seriously?! Did you guys plan this or something?"

Wooyoung and I both looked at each other and giggled. 

"Aish. You guys wait here, I need to get my swin wear." She dragged her feet around into her bedroom while I stayed in the living room with Wooyoung.

Wooyoung

We stood there in complete silence.

What should I say to her? 

I turned to look over at her and saw her making cute faces while she waited patiently for Taeyeon.

Aish... She's so cute. 

What do I say? 

"Miyoung--" Just when I opened my mouth to say something, Taeyeon walked into the room. 

Miyoung

I quickly looked over at Wooyoung, who's eyes were glued to the floor.

Did he just say something? 

"Leggo!" Taeyeon said loudly, attempting to speak English.

We all jumped into Taeyeon's mothers van. Her mom drove us to the beach in no time! I was amazed how quick we got there. 

"Taegoo," Her mom said in an adorable way, "Call me when you guys are finished!"

"Arasso!" Taeyeon smiled, waving her hands in the air to her mother. Wooyoung and I waved our hands goodbye as well.

We all ran onto the beach, our feets were filled with sand. 

The water was deep blue, my eyes sparkled into the sunlight from the reflection of the water, but my glasses seemed to blind Taeyeon and Wooyoung. 

Wooyoung

My hands softly Miyoung's silky hair. She looked up at me with a bewildered face. I swiftly but gently took off her glasses. No, that's not what I wanted to do, but I felt tempted. 

"Wooyoung--" She forcefully grabbed the glasses out of my hands and put it back on. 

What a failure I am. 

I stood there in silence and watched as Taeyeon and Miyoung took off there shirts which revealed their bathing suites. 

Should I be watching?

I couldn't take my eyes off of Miyoung. Under her shirt layed a hot pink bikini. 

My eyes widened. 

I quickly looked away and found myself looking at Taeyeon, who wore a light blue bikini with shorts. And there I was, wearing yellow shorts. 

The next thing I knew, I was being splashed by water. I blinked my eyes a couple of times. I guess I zoned out a while ago from looking at the girls. 

Taeyeon softly tapped me on my arm, "Wooyoung, now's your chance~" I quickly nodded and made my way up to Miyoung who was not to far from where I stood, sitting down on the sand.

"Miyou--" 

She suddenly stood up and began to walk away...

Miyoung

I stopped where I was and looked back at Wooyoung. Did he just say something? The wind blew loudly in my ear that I couldn't even tell. I continued walking and found myself searching for random shells on the beach. There was an awkward silence between Wooyoung and I. But why was it so awkward?

For almost half of the day, we spent our time swimming in the shore and sitting down in the soft sand; reflecting back to the past.

"That was one of the funest days of my life," Taeyeon laughed, "Remember how Wooyoung and I danced together in front of the huge crowd? Aigoo, I was so nervous!" We all giggled and proceeded to talk about our childhood memories.

"Wooyoung," I softly said, "Remember how I use to always protect you?" I began to giggle. "I remember how I use to take the beating and making sure that you were okay."

"Hey, shouldn't it be the other way around?" Taeyeon asked, jokingly. We both began to giggle but that giggle turned into laughter.

"NO!" Wooyoung said loudly as he quickly stood up from the sand.  

Our eyes widened and our laughing died out.

"How do you think I felt?! Do you think I wanted to let you get hurt and suffer? I could handle the situation myself!" He yelled out with a saddened voice, "I didn't want to see you get hurt! You're right! It should be the other way around! I couldn't stand watching you get beaten up!" He fell to his knees and grabbed my right hand. My body stood frozen, what was happening right now? 

Wooyoung

"From now on," I said, "From now on, I'm going to protect you. I'm going to defend you. I was the one that gave you the no--" 

All of sudden, a phone began to ring. 

Taeyeon hesitated and searched for her phone. 

"Yoboseyo?" ... "Right now?" ... "Aish... Okay then. Bye mom..." 

"Hey guys," she said in a soft voice, "My moms here."

Miyoung quickly pushed my hand away and stood up. 

I remained on my knees. 

Damnit, another failure.

After a couple of seconds, I stood up from my knees and walked behind Miyoung, who was putting on a tank top, back to Taeyeon's moms car. 

The ride back home was even worse; nothing but dead silence...

 

 

I guess what people say is true; 

A dream should remain a dream.