Miyoung-Ah?!

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

I slowly stopped being the laughing stock of the school after a couple of days. Everything slowly started to become back to normal again. Although, I had a new nickname, rather than being "Brighter than gems," I was "The nerdy creep."

"Your from America too? Wow, that's so cool!" Jessica said to me in an excited voice, "Would you mind if I call you Tiffany?"

"Oh it's fine!" I laughed.

"Hey, I call her that!" Sooyoung joined.

The two started to argue until BoA calmed them down because after all, she's the upperclassman.

We all sat down in the living room to my house; Taeyeon, Seohyun, Jessica, Yuri, Sooyoung, and BoA. It's odd how I gained two more good friends from an embarassing incident.

"Unnie," Seohyun softly said, "We're suppose to be studying, remember?"

"Oh yeah, that right." We all laughed.

"I'm hungry," BoA said out of nowhere, "Give me some food, little ones."

"Ahh, we ran out of snacks, I'm sorry Unnie ~" I whined.

"There's a place nearby that sells bulgogi! We should go there, its just up the corner, so we can walk it." I suggested cheerfully.

We all packed up our stuff, making sure that we all brought our wallets.

After 8 minutes of walking, we finally arrived at the store and not long after, took our orders. Sooyoung ordered the most though, aigoo.

We all waited patiently for our dishes to be done and when it finally was done, Sooyoung eyes sparkled. I think she was the first one to eat and the first one to finish.

We didn't leave right away, we chatted and stayed a while before heading back home. But all of a sudden, all of the girls became silent when they noticed someone walk into the store. Of course having my back facing the entrance door, I was the only one confused because I didn't bother turning around.

"What? What are you guys looking at?--" I asked in confusion with a smile plastered onto my face. Taeyeon signaled me to turn around and when I finally did, the smile instantly faded away. I quickly turned back around.

Donghae was in line with some friends that didn't go to our school, ordering some bulgogi.

Like a stalker, I grabbed a nearby menu, hid behind it, and eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Hey, dude. There's some girls over there, we should go talk to them," One of his friends suggested while pointing to my table.

Donghae turned around and glanced at the girls at our table, luckily he didn't see me since my back faced him.

"Naw," He said in a disgusted way, "Not interested in girls like that. Oh wait... I can invite one of my friends here."

"Oh, go call her!"

"Okay, but I've never met her before, so it might be awkward."

My eyes widened. No. No. NO. Is he talking about me...?

I turned around to see Donghae holding his phone dialing in a number. ANIO.

Before I knew it, my phone started ringing.

NO ~ Ottoke! Like a fool like me, I just let it ring...

I turned around to see what Donghae was doing, but he seemed to be walking towards my direction. I slowly turned around. Oh crap.

Did he notice?

"Excuse me?" Donghae said, patting my back, "Are you Miyoung-Ah?"

"Anio~" I said in a purposely low voice, still covering my face with my menu.

"Miyoung-Ah?"

"Anio, I'm not Miyoung-Ah! My name is Kim TaeYeon ~" I could suddenly feel Taeyeon kick my foot from under the table.

"I don't believe you," He laughed, "It's okay, if your shy. But can you at least show me your face?"

I shook my head, still hiding it.

"Come on~"

"Anio~~~~"

He suddenly began to tug on the menu, leading me and him both tugging it, I tried my hardest to keep it in front of my face.

"Mr.," Taeyeon finally said, "You're being extrememly rude."

He finally let go of the menu, leaving me breathless.

I tried to peek at the conversation.

He slowly leaned towards Taeyeon and looked like he was analizing her. He slowly analized all of my friends faces and began to laugh.

"I've seen you all before at school, which means that behind that menu is Miyoung-Ah!"

"You don't know that!" Sooyoung stood up and said.

Catching me off gaurd, he suddnely pulled off the menu.

 

It felt as the whole world had froze.

I clenched my teeth.

What will he think if when he finds out that I'm the nerdy girl who likes him?

Will he continue to hate me?

Or

Will he stop hating me after realizing that I'm actually one of his friends?

 

The heat and intensity of the situation melted the world from standing frozen.

 

His eyes widened.

 

"Aish, I should've known that it was you," He said in a disgusted way, "Freaking stalker." He quickly turned back to his friends, "Hey guys, let's eat somewhere else." Just before exiting the store, he gave a cold glare.

Ever since that day, we've never talked. It was like we were complete strangers. Of course, he told all of his friends about me, how I stalker-ishly got his number. & of course, he told everyone at our school about it. I became the laughing stock once again. It was all thanks to Lee Donghae.

Time seemed to slip by and before I even knew it, it was the end of my freshman year. 1 more week to go until I'm out of this place.

 

I deserve a break.