A memory can't be forgotten, but a name can.

Finding the Missing Pieces

I'll try my BEST to update more frequently. 

Donghae

I walked into the first class of the day with Miyoung at my side. All eyes looked toward our direction. Especially guys. Who are they looking at? Several guys whistled at us. They better not be whistling at me...

"Hyung, who's the hot chick next to Donghae?" One student whispered to his friend.

My eyes widened. Without hesitation, I grabbed onto Miyoung's hand and dragged her to a random desk in the back of the room. 

"Oppa, what are you doing?"

"Sit down~~" I whined. Once she sat down, I sat at the seat to her left. All eyes still looked toward our direction. Damnit, Miyoung's mine~ Stop looking at her... Suddenly she started waving her hand to someone as if she was signaling that person to sit next to her on her right. I looked up and my jaw hung open once I saw who she was waving to. It was Wooyoung. 

"Put your hand down, Miyoung."

"What-- no, Oppa," She continued waving at him.

"C'mon, put it down~~~~ Don't let him see you."

"Oppa, you're an idiot. He's looking right at us."

"He's coming! Quick, hide!"

"What--"

I quickly pulled her under the desk with me in hopes that Wooyoung would choose another desk.

 

Wooyoung

Seriously, Donghae? I'm not an idiot. I saw you hide under the desk. Aish. But enough about this idiot. Miyoung-- She's so pretty without glasses. Finally, she's not hiding her beautiful face under those thick pair of glasses. Reminds me of how we were children.

I approached the desk and stood there, watching Donghae make a fool out of himself; trying to hide from me. I kneeled down to them and began laughing.

"Hello, Miyoung," I smiled.

"Oppa~~~~~" She excitingly said while running out under the desk and into my arms; leaving Donghae under the desk, looking like an idiot as always.

"I've missed you so much, you look beautiful."

Donghae

I covered my ears and sat under the desk, pouting like a little kid.

Aish, why does he have to be in this class? Why can't he go back to America... And stay there?

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

At this point, every student and even the teacher were looking towards my direction.

"Awwwwww, they're so cute! Are they a couple or something?" One student would say. Uh--no.

"Damn, whoever that chick is. She's hot." Yeah, she is. But she's mine. Back off.

"Wooyoung is soooo charming, this chick better back off! He's mine!" Yeah, he is yours, acutally. But first, make him your boyfriend so that Miyoung wil be mine fer'shur.-- What-- She better back off? Or--or what? If you touch her, I'll beat you up. Yeah, I know I can't hit girls, but I'll find Sooyoung or Taeyeon to do it for me.

Aish, everyone... Shut up~~ You're all giving me a headache. Can't the bell ring already so that everyone will stop talking about how Wooyoung and Miyoung are such a "cute" couple?~~~ Aigoo. I looked up at the clock and a smile appeared on my face, the bells going to ring in 43 minutes. GAAAAH.Why did I have to come so early??? While everyone admired the two and while they were talking, I picked myself up from my seat and paced around the hallways. I encoutered so many familiar faces and some of Miyoung's friends like; Taeyeon, Seohyun, Jessica, Yuri, and Sooyoung. They all asked me where she was and all I could reply was, "She's with my arch-nemesis." They could pretty much sum up who I was talking about. Along the way, I found some of Yoona's friends, but I didn't bother to talk to them because I knew they'd remind me of how me and Yoona were so lovey-dovey back then. Oh, I found my little brother too! He surrounded himself with a bunch of girls.. Damn, dude. 

"Yah, oppa."

I turned around and a unfamiliar face stood in front of me.

"Yes?"

"How are you?

"Uhm. o.o Good how are.. You?"

"I'm wonderful~~~" She smilied.

"Okay..."

"Yup..."

-Awkward silence.-

"And who are you?..."

"Oh! I'm Sunye~"

"Nice to meet you, Sunye... o.o"

"Nice to meet you too~~~~~"

-Awkward.-

"Okay.. Well it was nice meeting you, Sunye. I'll see you later? I guess? O.O..." I slowly turned around and began to walk away.

"Oppa~~~~" She suddenly whined.

"Yes?" I awkwardly turned back around to her as she shly approached me.

"Okay... Well to be honest, I've liked you for the longest time and I was wondering--"

No, please don't. I'm going to feel like such a douche bag.

Without very much movement, I covered with my hand and softly whispered, "Please don't..."

"But oppa~~~~~" She whined.

"Shhh..."

All of a sudden she bit my hand and started whining even more.

"Aish, stop--stop whining..... aaah...."

"But why?~~~ I'm pretty, I'm talented, and I thought that you don't reject girls ~~~ I thought that if a girl would ask you out, you would say yes in a heartbeat. That's the Donghae I fell in love with..."

"Well... I'm sorry... I just sorta... Changed." I paused, "Please forgive me."

She slolwy bowed, smiled, and walked away.

Damnit, I'm such an .

Is this the way Miyoung felt like when I rejected her? No, she had it worse.

-------------------------

By the time I arrived back to class, the whole class was gathered to the back of the room; admiring Miyoung and Wooyoung.

"Excuse me.. Excuse me." I grummbled, pushing through the crowd just to get back to my seat.

The two were still talking and everyone stalkerishly watched them. 

"Ehhh-hem!" I loudly cleared my throat. Only one person aknowledged me and left the crowd to talk to me.

"Hyung, how's everything?" A random guy asked me.

"Pretty good--"

"So who's that chick talking to Wooyoung?" He asked out of the blue.

"Seriously?" I grumbled.

"Yeah.... Everyone's dying to know."

"She's my girlfriend."

"Really?"

"No."

"Haha, I think everyone wants to be her boyfriend."

"Yeah, well, she is. Back off."

"I thought you said she wasn't...."

"Well, she will be soon."

"Hahaha, but really, who is she?"

"Her name is.... Hwang Miyoung."

His eyes widened.

"SERIOUSLY?!"

"Yeah.."

"Since when did she become this hot??? Why is she your friend all of sudden and since when did you want to be her boyfriend?! And lastly, whatever happened to Yoona?!"

"First, she's wearing contacts. Those thick glasses that she always use to wear was hiding her cute face. Second, she's actually a pretty cool girl. Third, I really like her because she's a pretty cool girl. And lastly, Yoona moved away..."

"WOAAH! She's hot."

"Really? Did you even listen to what I said?" I grumbled.

"Yeah, dude, sorry about that," He laughed, "I feel bad now..."

"Why?"

"Well, ever since you started picking on Miyoung during our freshman year, I've also picked on her too. Everyones been bullying her. Aish. I'm such a jerk."

"How do you think I feel? I started this all."

"Does anyone else know that she's Miyoung?"

"Not that I know of."

"Dude, you gotta protect her."

"Wait--what do you mean by that?"

"If they find out that that's Miyoung, who knows what'll happen next? They're all going to bully her and everythings going to go back to the way how it was last year. Miyoungs going to be the laughing stock, hyung."

My heart died for a moment as I thought of the possibilities that might come. No-- NO. I'm not going to let Miyoung relive the pain all over again.

"So what're you gonna do?"

A long pause held me from replying to his question. 

"How much time do we have till the bell rings?"

"We have," He paused as he turned around to look at the clock, "32 minutes... Why, what are you up to?"

I'm sorry Miyoung, I'm sorry I have to do this.

I ran out of my seat up to the front desk where the attendance sheet layed, he followed. The teacher wasn't in sight.

"What--what are you going to do? ..."

I picked up a pen and crossed out 'Miyoung' from the paper and wrote the name 'Tiffany' next to the 'Hwang.'

"Tiffany?"

"Hey, what's your name?" I randomly asked, "Sorry, for not asking in the first place."

"I'm Sungmin, Lee Sungmin."

"Nice to meet you Sungmin-sshi. Now, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure."

"Great."

For the next 20 minutes, we went around to Miyoung's classes and changed her name on every attendance sheet there was. At that point, the name 'Hwang Miyoung' was at no existance. 

"How much time do we have now?"

"We have-- 12 minutes left~"

"Ah, I'm such a bad guy..."

"Why would you say that?"

"Because... I'm trying to hide her identity from everyone."

"Well don't think that way. By doing this, you're doing this all for a reason. You're protecting her."

Yeah, that's right. But still, why does my heart say that this is a bad idea?

-------------

When the bell rang, everyone FINALLY took their seats. 

I took my seat as well and was happy when Miyoung turned to me and greeted me with a "Oppa~" like how she always does. 

"Where were you all this time?"

"Why?.."

"I missed you and your annoying voice~" She whined.

"What?" I blushed, "Ah, well I missed you too."

"Aw, really?" She smiled.

"Haah, no."

"Aish." She stuck her tongue out on me.

"Miyoung," Wooyoung suddenly appeared into our PRIVATE conversation.

"Ahh, Oppa?" She smiled, turning to her right; leaving me all alone again. aigoo...

"Good morning, class! I hope you all enjoyed your Summer Break!" The teacher said, approaching the front of the room. "Well I'm going to take roll~"

By the time Mr. Kang, the teacher, got up to the letter 'H', I crossed my fingers and prayed that the plan would work.

"Tiffany?"

"Here!" She smiled, raising her hand. Everyone looked toward her direction and were amazed that the 'new' hot girl had a English first name. Sungmin, who sat a couple of seats up from me smiled at me and nodded his head.

YES. Thank goodness. The plan worked. Well, for now.

All I can do is watch to see what might happen next.

--------------

The rest of the day went on pretty fast, as usual. It seemed as if the whole situation I was dealing with, students admiring Miyoung, repeated. During lunch, I had to catch up with Taeyeon on the other girls at lunch and tell them the plan I made. For once, I felt as if they approved of me and that they actually began to like me, because I'm doing my best to protect Miyoung from reliving the misery she lived for the past 2 years. I even told Wooyoung but of course he thought I was an idiot. Aish. Oh, speaking of Wooyoung, he's in most of my classes too! DAMNIITTTT. If everyday of school is going to be like this, then I'm gonna kill myself~~~~~~~~~~

-----------

Wooyoung

I watched from afar as Donghae spread the word to all of Miyoung's closest friends and some of his own as well. Idiot.

Aish. I hope that he doesn't mess this up. To be honest, I'm holding faith in him. It's actually nice to know that he cares about Miyoung and willing to go this far to help her. But if by any chance, someone does find out the truth, I'm not going to be responsible for Miyoung getting hurt. It's all going to be his fault.

I hope he knows that.

-----------

Donghae

 

The next couple of months quickly flew by and life went on normally.

All the guys continued to admire Miyoung, girls were head over heels in love with Wooyoung, and the name 'Miyoung' was now forgotten.

It's funny how many things changed within a year. 

It's just sad.

 

 

 

 

 

But... It's all for Miyoung. That's all that matters.