The first glimpse

Finding the Missing Pieces

Part 1

Miyoung

 

A new quarter, a fresh start, will I ever find a soul mate? I've been alone all winter break...

My eyes quickly opened as my alarm clark went off. I yawned as I reached my arm out to turn it off. I really don't want to go back to school. I rubbed my eyes and dragged my around the house, bumping into random doors and what not. Aigoo, I'm so clumsy. I fell asleep not long afterwardd; in the process of brushing my teeth. So my dad gave me a hard pat on the head to get me up. That really did the job.

I hurriedly got myself ready and cheerfully skipped to school a few moments later. I was finally acting my old cheerful self!

Annyeong! I'm Miyoung, the most cheerful girl in grade1! If you ask the students at school about me, they'd usually say that I'm the "pretty girl" who hides her face behind thick pair of glasses. Well don't believe them because behind these pair of glasses isn't such a pretty sight!

Most people say that I shine brighter than gems... Do I really?

I don't really consider myself popular but I'm somewhat known throughout the upper classmen because of my neverending positive attitude and plus, because I'm the one of the friendliest people that you'll ever meet! 

"Miyoung!" A voice echoed. "Hmmm?" I turned and a bright smile appeared on my face, "Wifey!"
Her name is Kim Taeyeon, the first friend that I made when I moved to Korea from America, when I was 8. Ever since then, we've been best friends. Actually, there were 3 of us, me, Taeyeon, and Wooyoung, who were the best friends. Hm... Wooyoung... I lost touch with him when I was 12 when he moved to America to study abroad. I wish he was here with us. 
"Aigoo! Did my Miyoung grow taller over the break?" Taeyeon asked, tiptoeing.
"Nope! But you're still cute and short," I smiled while rubbing her head.
"Aish!"
We both waited outside and she led me to some of her new friends that just transferred to our school.

 

New students?

New boys--?

My eyes wondered around in hope of finding any cute new guys, but my eyes seemed to fail me, they were all just a bunch of new girls. Aish!
I'm forever alone...
The bell rung as everyone all went to their first period of the day, sadly I had to depart from Taeyeon.
The day seemed to pass by quickly, but then lunch came...
"Ah! I forgot to bring lunch, Unnie!" I'd whine to Taeyeon, "I'll be right back!"

I enthusiastically walked out of the classroom where me and my friends would always eat and headed down to the cafeteria. They were giving out beef, kimchi, and rice as a welcome back special. My mouth watered as I waited in line to purchase a plate. Ooh! A couple of people just got of the line, I should
take their spots.

A big gap seperated me from where the people had just left, I took the chance and decided to move up. But then an unfamiliar male's voice echoed nearby caught my attention. I got caught off gaurd when I turned to look where the voice was coming from and noticed a handsome guy with dark brown hair talking to one of my classmates, Jaejoong, who was a couple of feet away from where I was standing.

At one point he caught me staring at him. My cheeks instantly turned pink and I quickly turned to look away. I put my hand on my heart. It was beating really fast and my cheeks were burning hot...

I didn't know it back then.

I looked at the ground in confusion before slowly looking back at him, he took a long glance at me as well.

I didn't know that you'd be one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. 

I quickly turned back around and put both hands on my cheeks.

Omo, what's wrong with me?

I didn't know how it was to be in love back then.

To tell you the truth, I didn't know that such heart break existed.

I thought it was just a stroll in the park. 

But you... You were the one who taught me otherwise.

The happiness of falling in love, the pain and heart break ... It all started when I saw you for the very first time... 

On that day.


I turned to look at him once more but he disappeared.
Was he annoyed that a nerdy girl, like me, was constantly looking back to stare at him?

"HEY! MOVE UP ALREADY!"
My eyes widened and slowly moved up in the line.

Not long after, I zoned out again and I didn't even notice that a random person from behind me pushed me out of the line because I wasn't paying attention. By the time I realized that I was pushed out of the line, I didn't care about getting food anymore... I wanted to know who that handsome guy was.
I slowly walked back to the classroom where Taeyeon was, with my eyes to the floor, my cheeks were pink.
She looked up at me and quickly stood up.
"Miyoung-Ah! ~ What happened!?"
"Unnie.." I softly mumbled, still looking down at the ground.
"Unnie--"
"Hmm?" Taeyeon responded in a worried way.
"Unnie... I found a really cute guy and I dont know..."

Her eyes widened, she placed both of her hands on my shoulders, and looked at me in as if there was something wrong with me.
"WHAT?!"
"My Miyoung's first love, huh?" She'd kid around excitedly. "Come here & hug Unnie<3~"
"What! What are you talking about?!" I said, crossing my arms in defense, embarassed.
"Aigoo, just come here. ~" I ran into Taeyeon's arms, as she'd tightly embrace me.

"Unnie, people are staring!"
"Aigoo, Miyoung-ah is growing up so fast!"
"Aish."

Hmm......
Maybe I won't be alone after all.
Maybe I'll finally get to see how its like to be in love.
The week seemed to pass by fast.
Everday, I'd see him but never had the chance to talk to him.
I was too shy of course, but he seemed to hang around with Jaejoong the most.
Maybe they're possibly good friends?

One day, I approached Jaejoong in our math class and asked him who that guy he'd always hang out with was.
"Oh Donghae hyung?"
Donghae? What a cute name...
"Awww, does MIyoung like? ~~ " He teased me wtih his mellow sounding voice.
"Anio!" I whined, but it was so obvious that I did.
"Arasso," He laughed, "What about him?"
"I don't know--"
All of a sudden, Taeyeon appeared out of nowhere, "So does he know yet? ~~"
"What?" He asked in confusion.
"Unnie!!" I whined.
"That she likes your friend!"
"Oh really?!"
"Unnie!" I'd continuously whine.
Taeyeon walked near Jaejoong Oppa and whispered something in his ear. I couldn't make it out, something about giving out a phone number?
They laughed and Taeyeon walked away still laughing.
I could see Jaejoong writing numbers on a piece of paper. What was he writing?
When he was done, he gave me the piece of paper and said to call the number after school finished.
He walked away and left me in confusion. I quickly unfolded the paper and phone digets were being displayed in front of my face.
Was it his phone number? I really don't know!
Aish! I'm so confused!
When school finished I hurridly ran home, flopped on my bed, and opened the piece of paper to look at it again.
Should I call it?
I grabbed out my cell phone and dialed in the numbers while softly mumbling the numbers to myself.
Hesitantly, I pressed call and waited for someone to pick up.

Beep....

Beep...

Beep....