I'm going to protect you

Finding the Missing Pieces

New formation, new font. 

Oh my flippin' gosh, I'm SO sorry for the late update. Ever since school has started, I've been REALLY busy. I hope you guys understand that :((( & I hope you guys still remember what this story was about. 

---------------------------------------------

Donghae

Time would only seem to slip away and like a fool, I let it pass me by. School's beginning in 2 days from now. Shouldn't I be happy to go back to school? I mean, I'd see all of my friends. Am I excited and indulged with joy like the other students are? ... No, I'm actually pretty worried. 

What about Miyoung?

What if she still gets picked on? 

What if they remind her of her past? All I can do is hope and pray that she'd be alright. I'll make sure that she won't be the laughing stock once again. I'll protect her. 

"Protect me." Her words still run through my head. Don't worry Miyoung, I'll protect you. I won't let this school year be like the last two. I promise.

---------

"Hyung," Gongchan smiled, skipping to me, "School starts in two days!"

"Ah, Channie. What's up?"

"I'm going to be a freshman! Aigoo~"

"Good for you," I laughed.

"Yah," He pouted, "Tell me about your freshman year!"

"Naw."

"Come on, we never really had a decent conversation for a while," He whined. 

"Fine then." I paused, "Uhh, my freshman year was probably the worst year of high school for me."

"But isn't it suppose to be fun?"

"Supposedly, but mine wasn't at all, or that's what I think of it now."

"What happened, Hyung?"

"It was fun while it lasted. To be quite frank, I use to be a sorta.. Bully back then without even realizing it..."

"Hyung-- A bully?" He whined, "But why would you ever be a bully?"

"I don't know... I was just a foolish boy back then and didn't know right from wrong... I guess..."

"You guess?"

"Yeah... There was this girl--"

"Who-- Yoona noona?"

"Nah, it was another girl... I sorta broke her heart."

"But hyung would never do that to any girl~"

"Well your hyung did... And he feels like an for it."

"You deserve it."

My eyes widened.

"What?"

"You deserve it, hyung."

Yeah, I guess I do.

"Aish, get out of my room."

"But hyung~~~~" He whined.

"Out!"

"Aigoo~~~" He pouted, dragging his out of my room.

The kids' got a point. 

I flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a couple of minutes.

I hope nothing happens to you, Miyoung.

---------------------

I woke up the next morning, worried for tomorrow. Nothing could stop me from thinking of what would come. I just prayed that we'd have the same classes together so that I could watch over her.

----------------------

"Yah, Hyung, wake up." 

My eyes opened to the sight of my brother slapping my face. 

"School's starting in 30 minutes~" 

'What?! School? What have I been doing all this time? ' I thought as I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Time would only pass by so fast that the next thing I knew, I was on my way to school. Worried. Confused.

Please let today run smoothly.

Whatever happens, I'm going to protect you, Miyoung. I'll make sure NO ONE makes you cry. 

-------------------

I ran into the building, leaving Gongchan behind, to look at the board which showed everyone's classes. A large crowd surrounded the board, I tried my best to squeeze through. But damn, there were too many people in the way.

"Oppa!" Someone smacked me in the back of my head.

"Miyoung-- I couldn't even recognize you. Uh-- what's up?"

"You trying to get through the crowd too?"

"Yeah, of course, dummy."

"Aish, come with me."

She tightly grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into the crowd. I looked down at our hands and all I could do was blush. 

"Oppa~" She let go of my hand as soon when we arrived front of the large crowd of people.

"Okay, let's pray that we'll be in the same class! ~ You look at the classes on the right & I'll stay here cause I'm too lazy to move..."

"Lazyass--"

"NOW GO!" She giggled.

We separated for a bit as we hoped in finding our names in the same class. I eagerly skimmed through the names on the board but couldn't seem to find her name in any of my classes. 

"Damnit... I'm gonna find it... I have to find it..."

I banged my head against the board several times before continuing to search. After looking through all the classes and having no luck, I glanced over at Miyoung; who concentrated in finding our names. I closed my eyes and thought 'what if.'

What if the people in her class remind her of how much of a I was to her? What if they bully her again? What if--

"Oppa! I found your name!"

My eyes widely opened as she ran up to me with a hug. 

"Isn't this amazing?!!" 

"Fi--Five?!!!!"

"Yup! How much have you found?"

"No--none."

"You sure?"

"Well that's what I think...."

"Aish, oppa! What's wrong with you~~~ I'm going to look at them again. Be a patient oppa and wait for me over here, okay?"

Five? Damn, that's a lot. . . Well, it's not ALL of our classes. But at least, I can watch over her... What a relief. 

I glanced over at Gongchan who was with his 4 best friends and a group of freshmen chicks. Damn, he works fast. As much as I want to protect Miyoung, I'm going to protect my little bro. I hope he enjoys high school and doesn't follow my footsteps. 

"Oppa, you're such an idiot." Miyoung whined as she skipped back to me.

"What--how am I an idiot?!"

"You must've been really concentrating when you skimmed through the list, huh?"

"I--I guess I was... Now that I think of it..."

"Aigoo... That's why you're such an idiot~ You need glasses~~" She whined, smacking me on my arm.

"Wait--why?"

"We have ALL of our classes together."

My heart suddenly pounded off beat and all I could do was stare at her with a shocked expression.

"Come--Come again?" 

"Aigoo, I'm not repeating myself again~" She giggled, "Geez, first your blind and now your deaf? You have problems~"

------

I stood there in no motion.

So many things ran through my mind.

Is this a dream?

Someone pinch me.

--------------

All of a sudden, I had a strange flashback. 

I was in the cafeteria that time and Jaejoong and I were talking.

I was complaining to him how my dad sent me to this poor school, because he wanted me to experience how it was like to be in common peoples shoes. I couldn't help but notice a girl staring at me from the corner of my eye. Out of curiousity, I looked over to see who she was but once our eyes met, she quickly looked away as if she was in shame. She had thick glasses and her hair covered her face.Whenever I'd look over, I'd always catch her staring at me. She even lost her place in the lunch line because she was staring at me so much.  I thought she was one of those creepy girls and I misjudged her; thinking that she was a stalker. She was Miyoung.

Damnit, I was such an . And because of that day, the first glimpse, I ruined that school year for Miyoung. No, not only that year. I made her suffer for her first two years of high school.

But I'm not going to make her suffer this year. 

------------

Well, let's see where this year will take us. 

Hopefully, in the right direction.

I'm going to proect you.