A day at the lake

Finding the Missing Pieces

Donghae

I found myself waking up at the bedside of Miyoung's bed. 

She peacefully slept while I looked around from left to right; trying to figure out why I was at her bedside.

What happened yesterday?

Suddenly, I had a clear vision of me kissing Miyoung.

I quickly put my hand on my lips.

Did I really kiss her?

I stared at her for a couple of minutes and began panicing.

I paced back and forth.

"Oppa?" She laughed.

"Oh-- Miyoung!" I smiled, "Good-- Morning."

"Morning-- How did I end up here in bed?"

"Hm?"

"I don't remember anything..."

"I don't know--"

"Oh!" She said, "I remember I had a vision..."

My eyes widened.

"What vision--?"

Please don't tell me it was about me.

"I can't remember it clearly but there was a guy--"

"What guy?--"

"He gave me a teddy bear--"

"A teddy bear?..."

I never gave her any teddy bear...

Who is she talking about?

"But then right at that moment, I blanked out... That's all I remember..." She mumbled, putting her glasses on.

"Yah, Miyoung," I smiled, "Don't worry about it."

"Could it be that I'm slolwy remembering my past?" She smiled.

"Uhm... I don't know..." 

"Well anyways! Good morning, oppa!" She laughed, "I had a really good dream!"

"Oh, you did?" 

"Yeah," She giggled.

"What-- what did you dream about?"

"I don't know, I was kissing someone..."

"You were kissing someone?" I blushed.

"Yeah," She smiled, "It's actually kind of funny..."

"What-- why?"

"Because the guy looked like one of my friends."

"Who," I paused, "What guy?"

"Wooyoung," She giggled.

Wooyoung?!

Aish.

"Yeah, okay," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

I walked to the living room and sat on the couch with a pout on my face.

"Oppa!" She giggled, approaching me.

"What?" I grumbled.

"Let's brush our teeth and clean up, okay?" She smiled.

"Aish," I said, "Whatever."

She led me to her bathroom, "Let's see if I can find you a toothbrush~"

She bent down to her knees and searched through the cabinets, in search for a tooth brush for me.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

"Yah, I don't need one," I mumbled, "I can just use my finger."

"Babo!" She laughed, "Found one!"

"Good for you."

"Take it, oppa," She giggled, holding it out for me.

A smile appeared on my face as our hands touched.

My heart suddenly raced.

If I could replay that moment over and over again, I would.

We both brushed our teeth, Miyoung would always hog the mirror so she could see herself.

Of course, I stood my ground and pushed her out of the way so I could see how handsome I am.

Aish.

To be quite fank, I enjoyed every bit of that morning.

Why?

Because I'm starting to enjoy Miyoung's company.

I never had a friend like her before.

-----

"Oppa!"  "Ah, what?!"

"What shall we do today?" She laughed, "Oh-- Do you have to go home or something?"

"Nah," I smiled, "If I were to stay here for a week, no one would even care."

"Why?" She pouted.

"Aish, I don't know," I grumbled, "Anyways, where's your dad or mom?" "My dad is on a business trip!" 

"And your mom?"

"She's looking down at me from heaven," She smiled. She's looking down at you from heaven?

"Well anyway," She said, slapping my back, "What's there to do?"

"Aish, you slap hard!"

Her home phone suddenly began to ring, "Excuse me for a minute, I need to take the call!" She cheerfully skipped to the ringing phone while I watched her from where I sat, with a smile on my face.

"Yoboseyo?" She'd smile, picking up the phone, "Oh you did?... I'm sorry, oppa..."

Oppa?

"Yeah... Okay!-- But can I bring Donghae with us?"

Who is she talking to?

"Really? Okay! Thank you! See you in a bit!" She laughed, gently placing the phone down.

"Whats up?" 

"Well, Donghae oppa, pack up your stuff because we're going to the lake today!" She excidedly dance around.

"What?! Do I have to go?" I grumbled.

"Of course you do~"

"I don't wanna..."

"But he said that you could come~~"

"Who?" I eagirly asked.

"Wooyoung--"

Wooyoung?!

"Forget what I said, I'll go!" 

"You will? ~ You will?" 

"Yeah yeah yeah," I laughed.

"Oppa.." She suddenly mumbled. "Yeah?"

"Last night, did Wooyoung call?"

My body suddenly stood frozen. I took a big gulp of my saliva and didn't say a word.

"No--" I stuttered, "I don't remember..."

"Oh okay!" She laughed, "I was just wondering because Wooyoung said that he kept calling yesterday but no one answered..."

"Oh..."

"Well anyways, Wooyoung said he'll be here in a few minutes to pick us up. He just got his license a couple of days ago~"

What?! He got his license already? Damnit, I failed my test more than 3 times. Aish. Damn Wooyoung.

----------- 

A couple of minutes later, Wooyoung appeared with his convertable, along with Taeyeon who sat in the back seat of the car.

What a show off.

"Oppa!" Miyoung smiled, running up to his car while I followed behind, glaring at Wooyoung.

"Hey Miyoung!" He hopped out of the car and grabbed her by the hand, walking her to the passengers seat.

Aish.

"Yah, Donghae!" Taeyeon yelled out to me, "Sit here in the back."

"Whatever," I grumbled.

Throughout the whole ride to the lake, I'd sit in the backseat, watching as Miyoung and Wooyoung would easily conversate with each other. Damnit. I never even had the chance to talk, they just kept talking and talking. Aish... Miyoung looked happy with Wooyoung. Please don't tell me... That she likes him.

---------

"Hey stupid!"

I blinked twice and noticed that we were at the lake.

Who called me stupid?!

"Stupid! We're here!" 

I turned my head to notice that it was Taeyeon. "Aish."

"Oppa," Miyoung smiled, approaching me. "Isn't this place beautiful?" I looked around at my surrounding for a second and a smile appeared on my face, "Yeah... Yeah it is." She suddenly took me by the hand and we both ran to where the lake was. My heart quivered in a sense of an emotion that I've never felt before. We both sat at the edge of a wooden board; our legs freely swung back and forth. The sun glazed upon us as it would hit the surface of the water; gently reflecting onto us. I looked over at her, and god, she was making the cutest expressions eve because she was astonished by the beauty that surrounded us. It was if the whole world had stood still, I don't want this moment to end.

"Miyoung!" Wooyoung suddenly called out.

Damnit Wooyoung.

"Yeah, oppa?" She stood up, leaving me alone to admire the beauty of which surrounded me. I turned around and watched as Miyoung and Wooyoung would walk off together. But right before they did, he'd give me a glare. 

I slowly turned back around to the river and gazed at my reflection in the water.

"Yah Donghae." I turned back around to see that Taeyeon was standing in front of me with her arms crossed. "What do you want?" I grumbled, once again turning back to the river. "Do you like her?" 

"What-- what do you mean by that?" "Do you like Miyoung?"

"What-- I have a girlfriend, remember?"

"Still yet," She jokingly said, "Do you like Miyoung?"

"What-- No." I softly mumbled. "Aish, I'm not stupid, you know." "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I see the way you look at her," She laughed, taking a seat by me, "I saw the that you were looking at her on the ride to here, you looked jealous--"

"Yah, what's that got to do with anything?" 

"And the saddness that was plastered onto your face when Miyoung left you to go to Wooyoung," She continued, "I saw everything."

I looked at the surface of the river for a while and finally said something after 5 minutes, "So what if I like her," I softly said to myself.

"Aha!" She smiled, quickly standing up, "So you admit it!" "What?! I didn't admit anything!"

"I'm not deaf either," She smiled, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Aish, just go away," I blushed.

"Fine then! But I'll tell you one thing."

"What?"

"Now that Miyoung has lost her memory of both you and Wooyoung, Wooyoung thinks its the perfect opportunity to win her heart."

I looked back to the river, "Yeah. . . ."

"May the best man win!" She lastly said before skipping off.

I took a glance at Miyoung and Wooyoung, who laughed together.

May the best man win.