Lost possesion

Finding the Missing Pieces

Donghae

 

I looked up at the ceiling while I layed on my bed and all I could do was smile.

The past couple of days have been simply amazing.

~

"Hyung," someone suddenly said. It was my little brother, Gongchan.

"Aish, what do you want?" I mumbled, flopping on my side to avoid him.

"I'm going out with some friends for a little while~"

"Who are your friends?" I asked concered.

"Their just some guys I knew from middle school; Baro, Jinyoung, Sandeul, and Shinwoo--"

"And what exactly are you guys going to do?"

"We're going to go karaoke singing~" He cheerfully said.

"Aish, alright, stay safe," I mumbled, getting off of my bed.

"What are you going to be doing then?~~"

"Don't worry about me," I smiled, "You should get going, kiddo." I rubbed his head and watched him off. 

I couldn't help but to worry about him.

Poor kid, he never knew mom. 

He was only just a kid back then and doesn't remember much of her.... Ever since she left the world, I've always been like a second parent to him. He's such a cheerful kid... He's always keeping me happy. To be honest, I'm really glad that I have a brother like him, he's a joy to be around with... When mom left this cruel world, dad felt the same way how I did; as if the world had no meaning left--

I rubbed my eyes and tried to smile.

I don't talk about her very often... But whenever I do, it always results in tears.

----

My phone suddenly rang.

It read 'Miyoung<3'

My heart thumped.

"Miyoung~" I smiled, quickly picking up the phone.

"Oppa! Can you stop by my house for a while, its an emergency!" 

What happened to my Miyoung?!

"Got it! I'll be there as soon as possible!" I said with determination, hanging up the phone a few moments after.

---

I rushed out the front door to my house and with the blink of an eye, I was already in front of her doorway.

Anxiously, I waited for her to open the door.

But when she finally did, my eyes popped out of my eye socket.

She wasn't even wearing her glasses.

"Oh uhm-- What happened Miyoung?"

"Take-- take me hand~~" She whined, holding her hand out to me.

"Ohh~ Uhm okay," I hesitantly took her hand and we both walked in her living room. She told me to lead her to her couch. 

What's wrong with her?

"Oppa~" She whined, "Remember when I dived into the river to save you from drowning?" 

"Yeah," I paused, "What about it?"

"And how we left a couple of minutes later?"

"Yeah?..."

"I actually," She began, "I left my glasses there...." 

"You what?!!" I suddenly said, "You left them there?!"

"Yeah... And I can't really see without my glasses..."

"Aish," I mumbled, "We should go back and look!"

"No~" She whined, "It's probably gone by now..." She looked down and tears formed in her eyes.

"Hey--" I paused, "Hey-- Come on, don't cry~"

"Aigoo... I'm such an idiot...."

"No, no you're not~"

"Now-- Now I can't see very well...."

"Aww, Miyoung-Ah, cheer up~ Come on, it's just a pair of glasses~"

"Oppa~" She fakily smiled with her head back up, "Will-- Will you do me a favor?"

"Uhm-- yeah, sure. What is it?"

"Go in my room and underneath my pillow, your find a little stuffed animal~ When you find it, bring it to me~"

"Oh-- okay," I mumbled in confusion.

She waited patiently on the couch while I entered her pink bedroom in search for her stuffed animal. When I lifted up her pillow and saw what was underneath it, my heart sank. There were two objects under it; one being the stuffed animal and another being a picture of two little kids together.

The two little kids were Miyoung and Wooyoung.

They both were playing on a swing set. Miyoung comforably sat on the swing, while Wooyoung pushed it.... Aish, she was such a cute little girl. As for Wooyoung... Aigooo! I tried to keep a straight face and avoid it but I ended up staring at the picture for a little longer. But then it came to my realization that I was suppose to bring her the stuffed animal. 

"Oppa!" Miyoung yelled out, "What's taking you so long?"

"Oh--" I quickly placed the photo back under her pillow and held onto the stuffed animal, "I'm coming!" My feet hurridly ran back to her and I gently place the animal into her soft hands.

"Okay! Let's go!" She smiled, quickly standing up.

"Hey--- Where-- Are we going?!" I laughed.

"We're going to the eye doctor!" 

"What-- seriously?!"

"Yeah! I have my savings in this little teddy bear!" She smiled, "I'm planning on using it to get new glasses!"

"You-- Are you serious!?"

"Yes!" She positively said.

"No-- We're not going! You can't even see~"

"Aww, please!"

We stood silent for a couple of moments but then I just had to give in. She's just so damn cute... Especially without her glasses. Thats like double effective . . Aish.

"Fine then, aigoo." I mumbled. 

"Yay! So let's go!" She jubilantly said, walking towards the doorway.

"Yah!" I laughed, softly grabbing her wrist, "Where's the eye doctor located?"

"There's an eye doctor a block from here--"

"So you expect us to walk there?"

"Yes! Let's go!" She smiled, walking in front of me and out the doorway. 

After 5 minutes of walking, I realized that I was letting a blind girl walk in front of me.

Oh did I feel like an idiot.

"Yah, Miyoung!" I laughed, "Why am I letting you lead me?"

"Because I'm awesome!" She giggled.

"What-- nevermind," I smiled, "Just stay behind me."

"Oppa~~"

"Walk behind me."

"But--"

"But what?"

"But what if someone kidnaps me and you don't even know it?"

Is she serious?

"Hey--"

"Let me walk beside you." 

My heart thumped.

"So that you'd know that I'm here--" She smiled, "So you'd know that no one will kidnap me... So that no one would get left behind."

She skipped up to me from behind and suddenly took my hand in hers.

"Protect me."

My eyes only opened wider when I felt her palm rub against mine.

Calm down, Donghae, calm down.

I tried to keep my head straight and not get too excited over the fact that I'm holding hands with her. 

The walk to eye doctors was a dream come true.

Our hands were being locked together for about 10 minutes.

I just wished it lasted a little longer...

-----

"Hi, my name is Hwang Miyoung!" She said to the woman at the front desk, "I wanted to get a new pair of glasses."

"Oh my, Hwang Miyoung?!  I couldn't even recognize you! You look so pretty~~"

"Oh," She blushed, "Thank you!" 

"You're welcome," The woman continued, "So your looking for a new pair of glasses?"

"Yes I am~ How much would it cost?"

"It would cost ₩4500 ($300)"

"That's expensive," She pouted, "Is there any other deal that you could possibly offer?"

"Sadly, no..." The woman said.

"Awww, I understand..." Miyoung fakily smiled, "Well-- That's okay! Thank you anyway~" 

I walked over to her from the waiting area and we both began to exit the door, before the lady suddenly spoke up, "Excuse me, Hwang Miyoung~"

We stopped where we were at and walked back up to the front desk. 

"Yes?~"

"I feel really bad that you had to come all the way here."

"Oh-- It's fine!"

"Would you like another deal of some sort?"

"Uhm-- sure~~"

"We're offering a special this week for eye contacts." 

"Eye contacts?" Miyoung's eyes suddenly brightened, "For how much?"

"₩1000 ($100)" The kind woman smiled.

Miyoung excitedly looked back at me as I'd stand still in shock.

Is she really not going to wear her glasses anymore? 

Really?

I'm going to have nosebleeds everyday if she uses contacts... Aigoo...

"Should I take it?" Miyoung asked, tugging on my shirt.

"It's up to you," I smiled, still in a trance.

"Well," She giggled, turning back to the woman, "I'm going to take your offer~"

"Alrighty then! So that'd be ₩1000!"

Miyoung handed me her stuffed animal and told me to pull out ₩1000. 

"Okay, here you go," I smiled, handing the money to the woman.

"Thank you sir, well come this way and we'll get you set up," Miyoung followed behind her as she'd lead her to a room.

Before Miyoung entered the room, she looked back at me and smiled. 

I sat back down on the chairs and all I could do was blush.

Well Donghae, it looks like your going to fall for her even more now that she's not going to be using her glasses anymore.

---

It's been almost 30 minutes since she's been in the room.

Geez, does it really take that long to get her eyes checked up?

I looked around for something to entertain me but nothing satisfied my needs. 

A large television sat in front of me but it wasn't even .

"Hey," I politely said, walking up to the front counter, "I noticed that the tv in this room is turned off, is there like a remote for it?"

"Yeah, there is," She smiled, "Here you go." I bowed to her and took the remote from her hand.

So you mean I could've done this 30 minutes ago?

I'm such an idiot...

I flopped myself down onto the comfy chair and and the television.

There wasn't really anything interesting until I found myself flipping to a channel with a familiar person in the screen.

I stood in no motion and my jaw would only hang open.

"Rumors are spreading around that she's the next IT girl," The host said, "She's so pretty, where did she come from?" 

My eyes could only plaster to the screen.

"Her outstanding looks attracted many people out there and because of that, she's been voted for the new Lee Hyori!"

"She's no other than Im Yoona!" The host continued. "Just a couple of months ago she was an ordinary girl--"

I looked down and the only thing that I could do was to turn off the television.

No words could explain how much pain I was in. 

I tightly grasped my hands together and tried to think positive.

Well, it looks like we're officially leading our own lives.

It's only been a couple of months since she's left. But so many things have changed since then.

Yoona is focused on her acting career. While I--

"Oppa~" Miyoung smiled, finally exiting the doorway to the room.

"Miyoung~"

"I'm all done, let's go and eat some bulgogi!"

"Alright, Miyoung," I smiled, following her out the entrance door.

Yoona is focused on pursuing her dreams as an actress...

While I... I'm focused on making a certain girl happy.

I looked down at Miyoung who happily walked beside me; explaining to me how she had the hardest time putting the contact in her eye.

 

I'm focused on pursuing the happiness of the brightest gem out there, Hwang Miyoung.

 

So long, Yoonhae....

So long, Im Yoona.