Chapter 3

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at myself in the mirror, checking if I looked fine. I was in my usual get-up: a loose shirt, skinny jeans and sneakers. Since I wanted to look more 'artsy', I added a long-chained necklace and a beanie. When I was finally satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my bag and headed out. 

It was gonna be a looong day with two quizzes and one oral examination. I swear college is so tiring. 

I was meeting Luhan today and I was feeling a bit anxious. He texted me a couple more times after the last one and we've gotten a bit closer but I still didn't know how it'd be like to actually be with him alone in person. Add in the fact that something about our whole relationship just felt...well, it just felt something was off but maybe i'm just being paranoid. We wer supposedly to meet by the fromt gate but since the teacher asked me to stay for a little while, so I told him to just meet me at the cafe. 

==

"Yoomi! Over here!" 

I turned to the sound of my name and saw Luhan sitting in one of those booths, he was waving and smiling at me happily and as I made my way to him, I can't help thinking that he was so damn cute. 

"Hi." I slid across the seat from him, "did you wait long?"

"Nah. Just arrived a few minutes early." He pushed the menu towards me, "order something."

I immediately went to the milk-based section since i wasnt such a fan of coffee. He called over yhe waitress snd we ordered our drinks, and a sandwich for me because i was hungry. 

"So." He crossed his arms on the table and leaned towards me"how are you?"

I blinked at him. I was expecting fo him to ask about the work since this was a proffesional meeting and all. 

"Tired. But fine. Yours?"

"Aww, why is that so?"

huh. "Just had a lot of things to do. So, any ideas for the article?"

"Do you?"

"Hmmm." To be honest, I didn't. It's not that I didn't try. I did but you know in between all my requirements and procrastinating abilities, I kind of forgot. "What was our theme again?"

Luhan chuckled. "Fun. We're supposed to show why our school is fun."

"What do you like to do for fun?"

"Talking with you is fun." He smiled mischievously. I rolled my eyes. 

"Well, what's fun for you?" He asked.

"My friends. Being with my friends is fun." And with that simple sentence, our topic was born. 

"Your food is here." The waiter announced. Luhan and I simultaneously looked up. The clang of the tray followed by the crash of the glasses echoed throughtout the restaurant.

Sehun and I stared at each other, surprise etched in our faces. This doesn't make sense. At all. 

==

"Don't worry. He'll talk to you soon." Luhan patted me on my shoulder. We were making our way back to the university to inform the editor about our topic, and I was so bothered by the fact that soon after, Sehun and I met, he ran away and I was too dumbstruck to go and follow him. When my senses returned, he was long gone and I was worried sick because he wasn't answering my messages or calls. 

Sehun was one of the richest kids I know. His father owned a large company in Japan, which is why Sehun spent most of his summers there. I'm not really clear as to why their business is in Japan, when Sehun is pure Korean. I never really got to asking him.

"It just doesn't make sense." I sighed. 

"Maybe he just wants to earn his own money."

I frowned. Sehun was already earning his own money. He had company shares and was being groomed to take over the company someday.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter