Chapter 17

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I gasped, forgetting how to speak, and instead rushing into his arms. He held me and I felt his body vibrate as he laughed. 

"I never thought you'd miss me this much."  I could hear the smile in his voice. 

I closed my eyes as I started tearing up and hid my face in his in his clothes. I cried quietly, grateful that no one was saying anything. He merely started caressing my hair to comfort me. When I finally managed to calm down, I pulled myself away from his embrace and turned my body so that they couldn't see my face. These emotional outburts were starting to really embarassing me. 

"Aww. Don't be shy." He teased. 

I sighed as a smile tugged on my lips. If he were any other guy, I would have called him an idiot. But he was my big brother, and I respected him too much to insult him. He made me face them, and after a quiet moment, we all started laughing. The girls bound over to Nichkhun and started to bomb him with questions, like how was his career going etc etc. All the while, he had an arm over my shoulders, squeezing it from time to time. I looked up and locked eyes with Victoria and Na Eun. Their triumphant smiles let me know that they had planned this all along. I made a face as my way of saying thank you, and they stuck out their tounges. 

Much to our disappointment, Nichkhun oppa didnt stay long but he made a promise to come visit us in school next week, just in time for our rest week. After exams, professors were usually busy with checking and grading, so even if we still had to come for attendance, they would usually let us leave early and we could wander around as we liked.  

 

The weekend had gone much too slowly to my liking. Nichkhun's oppa's presence has definitely put me in a brighter mood. Although, I have a strong suspicion that this wasn't just a friendly visit. These were all confirmed when I met him at school again on Monday morning. I first met him during my freshman orientation. He was one of the, for a lack of better words, in charge for touring us freshmen around, and I won't deny that I had a little crush on him back then. It was obvious that he was one of the more popular people on campus, but he was a total sweetheart and was genuinely nice. He was two years older than us and was now starting his career as a pro-tennis player. He was one of the lucky ones who got scouted in his senior year. 

Feeling the jealous looks other girls casted my way, I cant help feeling a beam of pride, knowing that he had came especially for me. Of course, my silly little crush was long gone. I squashed it as soon as we got to know each other better and I started to see him as an older brother rather than a potiential love interest. 

Speaking of love. "Oppa?"

"Hmm?" He turned to smile at me. 

"How's Tiffany unnie?" It was only now that I realized that he hasn't mentioned anythng about his long-time girlfriend, Tiffany. They were one of the popular couples in campus, and my friends and I adored Tiffany unnie as much as Nickhkhun oppa. 

Nichkhun oppa cleared his throat, looking uncomfortable. 

"No!" I gasped. 

Nichkhun oppa nodded sadly. 
 

"When?" I asked, my voice only above a whisper. 

"It's been a month or so."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Nichkhun glanced at me, smiling, "I think you have bigger love problems than me."

So I was right. He did have an ulterior motive. I sighed. 

"So this Luhan..." He trailed off, raising a brow at me. 

"He's just this guy." I answered sulkily, feeling like a kid getting scolded. 

"Ok. We won't talk about him if you don't want to." I sighed in relief, "What's going on with you and Sehun?" 

I groaned, "It's not like you don't already know."

"But I want to hear it straight from you."

I looked at Nichkhun oppa. I knew I won't be able to avoid this so I tugged on his sleeves, leading us to somewhere more quiet. I told him everything. Not just about Sehun, but Luhan too, since everything was connected anyway. I felt all the shame crash down on me as soon as I finished my story. I prepared myself for the scolding, but it didn't come. 

"Say something." I nudged Nichkhun oppa. 

"It looks like you've figured everything out."

I stared at Nichkhun oppa, wondering if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter