Chapter 18

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up alone, a feeling of emptiness overwhelmed me as I turned to find Luhan gone. Part of me wondered if it all was just a dream. My tears welled up, but before I could start crying, I heard a timid knock on the door and I blinked my tears away. 

"Come in."

"Hi honey." My mom poked in her head. "How are you feeling today?"

"Alright."

"Does your back still hurt? If so, you probably shouldnt go to school today." She said. I almost asked her what she was talking about, but then I remembered our cover story, which was that I had fallen down the stairs.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. Physically, I was fine but emotionally, not so much. It didn't take long to fall into another deep slumber. 

 

I woke up to the sound of voices arguing. My initial reaction was to feel annoyed, but I sat up, curious, as I realized to whom the voices belonged to. 

"She's resting." There was an edge to Luhan's voice that I had never heard before. 

"I'll just wait for her to wake up, then." Sehun said, his tone matching Luhan's. "I have every right to be here. I'm her best friend."

A little balloon of hope welled up inside of me. Sehun called me his bestfriend. He's finally forgiven me. 

"Oh yeah? Well I'm her ---" Luhan trailed off.

"Her what?" Sehun spat. 

I sat up straighter, wanting to hear what Luhan was going to say. Yeah Luhan, what am I to you? Unfortunately, neither of us got an answer because that was when I heard my mom telling them to either stop arguing or leave the premises. Both boys quieted down immediately. Thinking it was my cue to finally make my presence known, I stood up and walked over to the door. 

"Yoomi!"

"Feeling better, honey?"

"How are you feeling?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Feeling better." I gave a small smile to mom and Luhan before turning my attention towards Sehun. "I need to talk to you too."

After requesting for privacy from the other two, Sehun and I entered my room. I sat down on my bed and watched as Sehun looked uncertainly at the spot beside me. I patted it to let him know it was okay. He visibly relaxed and came closer but he didn't sit down. I looked up at him and saw the regret in his eyes. 

"Yoomi."

I gasped as he quickly fell to his knees. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I would never ever hurt you on purpose.I was just--"

"I know."

Sehun finally turned his head to look up at me, and I took his hands in mine. "You were making sure I wouldn't hurt myself. Although your strategy was a little too forceful.. but I know.I understand."

He squeezed my hands, "I'm sorry." His voice was just a notch above a whisper. 

I squeezed back and smiled at him, "Let's just be friends again."

He nodded his head. 

I let go of his hands and patted the space beside me once again. And finally, he took his seat beside me. Even though I'd forgiven him, he still looked miserable and this made me sad too. 

I sighed and leaned over to hug him. He stiffened a moment before relaxing into my embrace and hugging me back. 

"I missed you." He whispered.

I buried my head in the crook of his neck, "Me too." Sehun wrapped his arms tighter around me. 

Sehun didn't stay long since he had to go to work, but we promised to meet up soon. I can't help noticing the glare he and Luhan shared as he left. I sighed, hoping things could be right with them. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter