Chapter 15

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as my lips touched Luhan's, regret washed over me. What have I done? I started to pull away but Luhan held my neck. He kissed me fierecly, and before I knew it, I fell into it and matched his passion with mine. 

A sudden squeal followed by a giggle rang out in the air, and I immediately pulled back. My eyes widened in horror. This wasn't me. I don't go around kissing boys, no matter how much I liked them. I was a hermit who would steal glances every now and then, and pretend I didn't give a care in the world. Luhan's happy smile was quickly replaced with a frown as he saw my expression.

"Yoomi?" He moved his hand to my face, and I gasped. I scrambled to my feet, still feeling bewilderd. I could see the hurt that skitted across Luhan's eyes for a second, and that made me feel worse. Luhan was about to speak again, but he glanced over my shoulder and stopped. Instinctively, I looked back. 

Sehun was standing there. His jaw locked, his lips forming a tight line. His eyes met mine and there was nothing but pure disappointment in his eyes. I froze. I expected him to do something, to come and pull me by the arm or start shouting, but he too, stood still. My mind was telling me to go talk to him, but my body wasn't responding. 

Finally, Sehun broke his gaze and stormed away. 

"Sehun!" I yelled, and before I even realized it, I was already running after him. 

I reached out and grabbed his sleeve. He abruptly stopped walking and I almost ran into him, if I hadn't skidded to a stop. I walked around to face him, still hanging onto his sleeve, because I was worried he'd just leave again.

"Sehun."

He didn't respond. He was staring down at the ground, his bangs covering his eyes. 

"Sehun." I tightened my grip, "Please..please don't tell anyone. Especially the girls."

"What?!" Sehun snapped back, and I jumped away immediately. He finally met my gaze and I was shocked at the fire of anger that settled across his usually calm features. "I catch you kissing Luhan and that's all you can say? Don't tell anyone?" He spat. "Haven't you even thought of the immorality of the thing?!"

As soon as he said those words, my defenses shot up, and I got angry too. "They already broke up!"

"It doesn't matter! You should have waited!"

"What?!" Our voices were getting louder, but I didn't care. "You think I didn't try to stay away?! You think I didn't fight it?! Do you think I'm happy with what I did?! You go around judging me like you're so perfect! Who are you tell me what's wrong and what's right?! You're not the one in my position so you have no right to judge me!"

I glared at Sehun, feeling how tense I was. I was so close to crying but I held it back, and I stared him down. Sehun didn't say anything. Instead, his anger had vaporized and it was replaced with a look of sadness and tiredness. 

"Doing the right thing doesn't alway feel good." He said before walking away. 

"Yoomi." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Luhan. I wanted to be angry, to lash out at him, tell him everything was his fault. But I couldn't. Because I couldn't bear to see him walking away from me too. Instead, I stepped closer to him, and as he wrapped his arms around me, I let my tears fall. 

 

"I kissed Luhan." I said it all quickly and quietly, half-hoping they wouldn't understand a thing I did. I stared at my clapsed fingers as I waited for the girls' response. I called an emergency meeting after our classes were over, and we were now gathered in the field, sitting in a circle. 

I could feel the sweat blooming on my forehead, and the coldness of my hands. This was my natural reaction when I got nervous. The silence w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter