Chapter 13

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?"

Did I hear him right? Did he just say they broke up? For a minute, hope bloomed inside of me but then I remembered that they've broken up before, and I forced myself to calm down. 

He didn't say anything so I filled up the silence, "Well, this may just be temporary. I'm sure you guys will be back together soon." I felt a little awkward saying it because: 1) I didn't want it to happen, and 2) I just never know when to say the right things. 

Luhan looked over at me and sighed, "I don't think so." 

And maybe it was the look in his eyes, or it was just hope knocking, but I believed what he said. 

 

"Did you and your boyfriend break up too?" Luhan asked. 

After the sudden admission, we naturally went silent and only talked when we orderd the food. Now we were sitting across each other in the cafeteria. 

"What are you talking about?" I frowned at him. Surprisingly, he laughed, which caused my frown to deepen.  "What's so funny?"

"Nothing. It's just, why do you look so angry all the time?" 

"I do not!" I protested. 

"Yes, you do!" He was smiling good-naturedly, "Either that or you look like you don't give a damn about the world."

"I do?" Now, I was surprised. I laughed a lot. I really did! 

"Yep, you do." Luhan nods his head seriously, "But then sometimes you smile, and your whole face just brightens up."

I looked down at my food, not knowing what to say. Luhan took my silence as an opportunity to continue, "And then you have this sort of far-away look when you're thinking about something and you just block everything out."

"Such a stalker." I managed to say, "Next, you'll be talking about how my eyes sparkle when I'm  talking about my interests."

He laughed, "I could, but I won't. Because that would be a lie." He looked away again, "Rather, you become sort of like a kid when you get excited. You sort of squirm around and become almost giggly."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. 

"I'm just really observant." He answered. "For example, I've been noticing this subtle flirtation between you and Sehun."

My jaw dropped, "Who?!"

"Sehun." He answered casually. 

"WHO?!"

"OH-- ahh!" He frowned at me as he rubbed his leg where I kicked him. 

"Shut up." I hissed. He grumbled, "You were the one practically screaming your head off."

I was about to kick him again but he moved his lower torse out of my reach. 

"We.Are.Just.Friends." I hissed. If there's anything I hate more than people knowing I like a guy,  it's when people think I like a guy when I don't. 

Luhan quirked a brow, "Then why are you so defensive?" His slow smile showed that he found this amusing. 

I took a quick gulp of breath, "Alright. Fine then. Care to explain to me these flirtations?" 

Luhan looked away for a second, that thoughtful expression crosssing his face once more , before he turned back to me. "You have this look that you two share sometimes." He was speaking so quietly that I practically had to lean across the table to hear him, "Like you share a secret or something. A relationship, maybe?" Smug was written all over his face, confident that he got it right. 

I blinked, and then I burst out laughing. If he only knew what Sehun and I were really hiding from the others. 

"I'm guessing you guys aren't secret lovers, then?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nope. Actually, we're gay."

The look on Luhan's face was priceless. 

 

"So, if you're gay, then it would be no problem if we shared a tent tonight, right?' Luhan was looking at me seriously but there was a mischievous look in his eyes. 

I rolled my eyes at him, "Your gay jokes are getting a little old." I added, "And even if I was gay, I wouldn't share a tent with you. You might just act on your little crush on me." I don't know where that came from, and as soon as it escaped my mought, I regretted it. 

"You're right. I could." He answered seriously, but there was a teasing tilt to his tone. 

I shoved him with my shoulder, "Come on, let's get to work."

The sun had already set and we were now at one of the tallest buildings in school. It was a bit creepy with no lights except for this little lamp beside us. And we were alone too, most chose to lounge around at the grounds where they could lay down and 'look at the stars.' In all honesty, we'd probably have a better view up here but I too prefer the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter