Chapter 16

The One You Love or The One Who Loves You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't sleep that night. I tossed and turned, but the day's events kept popping into mind. It was amazing at how so many things could just happen in a span of 24 hours. I was dreading going to school. I was hurt, guilty, and paranoid. I was afraid that people would know about what had transpired and that they would judge me for it. I wished I didn't care, but I did. 

Luhan's silence after my decision hurt more than I expected. I couldn't deny that I was half-hoping he'd fight for me, for us. I would have refused him, of course. I guess I just wanted to see how much he really did love me or maybe I've just been corrupted by all the sappy love stories. Fighting with Sehun was another thing. We've had a lot of fights but this was by far, the biggest. It even topped the fight we had a summer ago. The look in his eyes before he left told me everything that I was afraid of: I made the mistake that I was long running from. 

The only consoling thing of the day were the girls. I was so grateful of their acceptance and understanding, even if I didnt really deserve it. That made me think that even though there were times when we came to misunderstandings, they were there for me. The thought made me cry more.

 


When I woke up the next day, I was seriously contemplating skipping school, but then my paranioa would probably be worse if I just didn't face the music. I was nervous about seeing Sehun, and even more nervous about the prospect of meeting Luhan. 

I purposely arrived late in class in order to avoid any possible awkwardness and/or fights with Sehun. The teacher made a big deal about my being late and even  did and announced it to the whole class. They all turned to look at me as I made my way to my seat, but Sehun was just staring at the blackboard. I felt a pang of hurt, quickly followed by annoyance. So this was how he was going to be. Fine then. 

"Miss Yoomi, if you don't want me to reprimand you in front of the whole class then you shouldn't come late." The teacher said. 

I had no clue as to what he was talking about so I just stared at him. I almost asked Sehun what the teacher was talking about when I remembered that we weren't talking. I cleared out my throat and squeaked out an apology. This was seriously embarassing. I feel like an elementary kid rather than a university student. The teacher's stern expression told me that he wasn't satisfied with my apology but he let it go. As soon as he turned his back, I leaned over to Kai to ask what I exactly did. 

He laughed quietly as he answered. Apparently, I had sat down with a huff and it looked like I got irritated over my teacher's scolding. If it was any other day, I would have laughed along but it wasn't. I can't even force out one, so I smiled at Kai and thanked him. 

 

It wasn't until Sehun walked out after class was over that I realized I was hoping for him to talk first to me. A part of me wanted to go out and follow him but I was too surprised by his coldness and I just watched him go. I sighed and covered my face with my hands. I didn't even understand why he was still angry, it's not like I did something to personally offend him. 

"Or maybe he's just tired of making the first move all the time." Victoria said, after I had complained about Sehun. 

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

It was Na Eun who answered, "Well, everytime you fight, Sehun's always the one approaching you first."

"That's not true." I argued, "I apologized first last summer."

Bora snorted, "Yeah, but when he wouldn't immediately accept your apology, you got mad and walked away."

"And then he had to track down your ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter