Chapter 5

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HARI’S POV

In the afternoon, I was sitting on my desk working on some papers as usual, when someone knocked on the door. I said “enter” before looking up at the boy who was standing in front of the door. Our eyes made contact and I quickly looked away back to the paper.

“Your manager is not here” I mumbled suddenly feeling weak in his presence.

“I am not looking for him, I came to talk to you” Luhan replied as I looked at him then back down.

“About what?” I replied calmly, I don’t want him to feel my vulnerability when I am around him.

“Are you avoiding me?” he snapped

“No”

“You are” he insisted “I haven’t seen you… for five years and now you don’t even want to talk to me”

“Yeah because you left me there” I finally managed to look at him, His profile was so perfect and the look in his eyes was still the same as before.

“You are the one who broke up with me!! I told you to come with me to Korea but you refused and now…” he snapped almost screaming

“I had family there, I was still young to leave them for…for your dream” I said emphasizing on the last word sarcastically.  

I stood up and went to the manager’s desk to get a paper, I was looking for it.

“Yeah because you never respected my dream, you only thought about yourself”

“Don’t lie at yourself, Luhan, our relationship was not so perfect so stop this and just leave” I said while moving papers to the side of the desk looking nervously for the one I want.

“But I loved you…” he muttered. I suddenly hit my palm on the desk before screaming “Leave” at him “ I need to work, and you are disturbing me… where is this damned paper” I murmured between my breath still not daring to look at him.

I felt a warm hand touching my arm; turning me around to face him, I looked up and saw him staring at me. Our eyes met for seconds before I looked away. He touched my left cheek with his free hand and I gasped. 

“You are acting cold, that’s not working” I glanced at him and saw a smirk forming on his face. Suddenly, the door slammed open and swiftly we pulled away from each other.

“Hyung, we need you” I glanced at the door and saw the cold-eyed sehun staring at us.

“Ok, I am coming” Luhan said as he moved towards him, taking one last glance at me before closing the door.

I sighed in relief, and walked back to my desk, I sat down on the chair holding tightly onto it. What does he want from me now? I put my hand on my left cheek, remembering his warm touch. I felt so hot, so I opened the window to take a deep cold breath. ”I have to calm down” I whispered.

The next four days seemed to fly past, and seemed no time at all, I was avoiding both Sehun and Luhan. I could feel their gazes at me whenever I come to give them their interview papers or whenever I pass by. Jongin seemed to be absent-minded and lost in his own thoughts and I could guess what he was thinking about. I wanted to talk to him but it’s not my business.
Elena went back to her husband’s house and she took a one week vacation, so I haven’t seen her for days, Jongin hasn’t talked to her ever since too.

I snapped out from my thoughts when the choreographer started yelling at Jongin who was messing up his dance steps. He was kneeling on the floor gasping for air. I stood up from my chair and rushed towards him, he didn’t seem ok.

“Are you ok,” I asked holding his arm trying to move him up.

“I am fine” he mumbled before looking at his choreographer and apologizing.

 I walked back to my chair and kept watching them while they perform. It was breath taking.
I moved my eyes to Sehun who was concentrating in every step, sweat drops were shining on his forehead and his mouth was slightly parted. I kept staring at him, my eyes never leaving him and his swaying body at the music rhythm. I didn’t notice him looking at me till my eyes were locked on his. He smirked a little then looked away. I felt my body cringe and I looked down at my hands holding tightly on the papers.

The choreographer clapped his hands announcing a break. Baekhyun and Chanyeol rushed to sit down beside me to drink some water.

“Jongin was acting weird today” Chanyeol beamed at Baekhyun

 “Yeah, he was not concentrating” Baek replied before looking back at me smiling “Hey! What’s that?” he said looking at the papers I was holding

“Your interview, you should learn it by heart” I gave both of them papers as they cried in annoyance.

“I am hungry” Chanyeol whined while rubbing his stom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter