Chapter 18

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Since?”

“I just want to know why you are acting cold and rude again… I thought we were getting along well…. I thought we were friends and-“

“Friends?” and then he burst out laughing as he stood up and faced me. Suddenly he stopped. His features turned blank. Fathomless. Expressionless. Again. He turned his head to the right, as if he was trying to avoid my stare.

“Why did you come back here…?” He mumbled but I heard.

“Sehun…. I am sorry about that night” I stepped forward. Every step echoed in the room in synchronization with the fast thumps of my heart.

“Luhan told me he would come to my house, so I couldn’t stay here…with you” I continued till I faced him, inches between our bodies. We were so close I could feel the heat of his body warm mine. I could hear the soft whisper of his breath as he exhaled. I inched closer and looked up at him.  It was really confusing to stay in the same room with him for a long while. What is happening to me?

I looked into his cold brown eyes as silence filled the room for moments. There was something in them that I couldn’t understand. A mystery.
He cocked his head to the side again as if avoiding my eyes. But his voice echoing in the air said: “You asked me once if I hated you…”
And before I could even say a word, He pulled me till I was pressed against him, thigh to thigh, my chest to his. My stomach tightened as I fathomed what he was doing. Our lips met in a brief moment. I tried to hold myself from kissing him back even though I wanted to…so badly. As soon as he put his hand on my face to hold me, I pulled away. Anger and frustration suddenly rushed through me. I threw my hand forward as hard as I could, whipping it across his face. I slapped him, but he didn’t move an inch. His expressions remained the same.

“That was my answer to your question” His calm voice echoed in the room as he left it and closed the door behind him, leaving me breathing like I had just ran a mile. Pressure clamped down on my chest. I couldn’t move nor think.

 

SEHUN’S POV:

I swallowed hard. It was such a pitiful thing that I had to drink a lot till I forget what I did hours ago. I wanted to puke every time I thought about the embarrassment I felt when I left the room. I wanted to stay away from her, I wanted her to hate me. I tried to ignore her for a month. I acted cold and rude towards her… but in vain…. I can’t deny the fact that I loved every moment we spent together before. I turned my eyes back to the crowd piling in the dance floor then back to the glass in front of me before sipping the drink in it. I had to forget that I kissed my manager…my friend’s girlfriend.

“Bad mood again?”
I didn’t have to look back to know the owner of the voice. Ji hee was standing right behind me before sitting on the chair in my right.

“Yeah” I replied shortly without moving my eyes to see her.

“What happened?” She asked snatching the glass I was holding out of my hands and drinking what remained in it.
I didn’t reply. I was just staring emptily in front of me. I inhaled and exhaled twice trying to push away my haunting thoughts. Why am I not drunk yet? That was my third glass. I moved my stare to the girl sitting next to me smiling like an idiot. I don’t like her. She is disturbing.

 “Do you have any plans later?” I asked unconsciously.

“Not really” She beamed moving even closer to me.

“Let’s go to your house”

 

I opened my eyes and stayed like that for a few moments. I tried to make sense of what happened last night but everything seemed a mess in my mind. I tried to fathom my surroundings; however my head was so dizzy that I couldn’t fully wake up. I bit down my bottom lip as my ears were buzzing. The dim light of the sun was dappled through the dark curtains of the room.

“Hey” A familiar voice broke my thoughts.

I opened my eyes widely, my heart racing….

Ji hee was lying next to me on the same bed. I remembered. I remembered what we did last night. I sat up rapidly, snatching my clothes from the floor wearing them.

“Already leaving? Stay and have breakfast with me” She whined annoyingly.

“No… I have to go… I am late ”

“Fine , see you later Se-“ And before she could even finish her words, I was already out of the room , rushing towards the outside as if I was running away.

Two big mistakes in one day. I thought as I took a cab to the SM building. It’s time to face my first.

 

 

HARI’S POV:

“Call him again!!!” Another yell rolled off the manager’s tongue asking Tao to call Sehun again. We are late by fifteen minutes for the energy drink promotion in Incheon and Sehun is nowhere to be found. They told me he didn’t sleep in the dorm last night again. Was it because of what happened? My heart sunk at the thought of the kiss we shared yesterday. I closed my eyes trying to get rid of the strange feelings that prevented me from sleeping last night. I already feel like passing out of tiredness.

“He is not picking up” Tao replied locking his phone giving up.

“Oh there he is” I looked straight to where Jongdae was pointing. As soon as I saw him running towards us, my breathing stopped and I looked away turning to face Luhan. After another ten minutes of yelling and scolding Sehun, we finally took the van and hit the road towards the shooting area in Incheon.

I leaned my head onto Luhan’s shoulders beside me, but my eyes were locked on Sehun’s back who sat in front of me. I closed my eyes trying to inhale Sehun’s sent, but the only thing I was smelling was Lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter