Chapter 12

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEHUN’S POV:

“What are you trying to do?”
“I was…”
“Who asked you to help me? Stay out of it” I scoffed at her coldly before joining the stage.
It was 11 pm now. The concert has ended after 4 hours finally. My waist pain has become worse. I was limping going off the stage when I saw Hari looking at me with a pathetic look. How much I hate that. I glared at her before going to change my clothes.


I pushed open the door leading to one of the balconies of the celebration room that our company booked. After every SM town concert, the CEO has the habit of booking a suit of ceremonies in one of the most luxurious hotels of Seoul. The midnight cold breeze hit my face making me feel fresh. I hate such events, why bother celebrating the end of another concert?  I looked through the glass door and saw everyone dressed nicely, shaking hands, hugging and flashing smiles at each other faces. 
Hypocrisy.
They are all wearing masks and pretending to be people they are not. Why lie? I am not going to be a hypocrite and do or say the opposite of what I think, like them. If they were not idols, they wouldn’t be even interested in knowing each other. How ironic!
I heaved a sigh before taking a sip of red wine. This is the only good thing about this “party”.
I was enjoying the quiet darkness of the night when I heard some giggles coming from the balcony next to mine. I couldn’t help but to turn and look at the two shadows talking.
His hand was on her waist and she was laughing at his words. 
“Really? I can’t believe Chanyeol did that to you” taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and let her voice spring forward in my mind. I tried to ignore their presence since I didn’t want to go back to the hall where people were chatting and glaring at each other.
“Sehun ah…” I regained my composure at the call of my name. I looked at the girl on the side of the other balcony. She was alone. Luhan left.
“Is your waist ok?” 
I was about to leave when something, I don’t know what it was, made me stay. My feet didn’t want to move. My mind didn’t want to. I needed to talk to someone, and somehow I felt she was the one I need to talk to.
“It’s fine…now” I replied her trying to remain calm. I tried to look at her face but quickly avoided her gaze.
“You should tell your manager about it, to take you to the hospital”
“No need, it will be fine”
“Hmm… ok”
And then, everything went silent. Only few noises of the celebration hall could be heard.
“You were great“ 
“What?” I stared at her 
“At the concert… you did great, your moves were flawless, your expressions…everything, I love the way you dance Sehun” 
My breathing stopped for a moment, Hearing her confession about my dancing made me, somehow, a bit happy inside.
“Th-“ My words faded away.
“Here you go” Luhan came back with two glasses of wine. He embraced her tightly before seeling a kiss on her cheek. I watched her closely, the way she was smiling at him. Do they really love each other? I sighed and looked away when I saw her staring back at me. I opened the glass door and entered the noisy hall full of pointless chattering. 


“Sehun!!” I turned around to see Ji hee walking closer to me. I rolled my eyes and looked away.
“I was looking for you? Where did you go?” 
“Balcony, I needed some fresh air”
“I see…It’s really boring here” she beamed trying to hold on my arm. 
“Ji Hee , not here” I stepped away from her, I saw how she bit her lower lip. Ji hee is pretty, she has everything a guy wants,; Long wavy hair, a curved body, silky skin and soft lips, but she is just…plain, nothing special about her. 
“You didn’t go to the club lately, I called the other day to tell you to come but you didn’t pick up”
“Yeah, I was busy”
“It’s ok, we still can hang out another time! Hey, I heard that Luhan is dating your manager” I looked to where she was pointing. Luhan entered the hall with Hari , laughing together. My eyes turned to look at her who was staring at the boy beside her. I traced her features one by one slowly. Her almond shaped eyes were glittering at each word coming out of Luhan’s mouth. She was wearing a simple red dress and her golden brown hair was falling brilliantly over her shoulders. I was watching how she would, now and then, put a strand of her hair back behind her ear, and how she would put her hands on Luhan’s chest while talking to him. Those cheesy scenes between couples make me disgusted but somehow I couldn’t stop looking at her, and occasionally, I would share those lingering eye contacts with her without even thinking. Whenever she sees me, she smiles gently at me.
“Were you ok with Luhan dating her?”
I looked back at Ji hee who was still standing beside me.
“I don’t care about what he does, it’s his life afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter