Chapter 19

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologize for those who have been waiting for this chapter. This year I graduated that's why I have been so busy and unable to upload new chapter. 
Anyways, thank you for your patience and I hope you like it. Don't forget to write your opinions in the comments section below. They help me get more motivated and eager to write the next chapters haha. Enjoy~~

 

I felt my heart sink as everything remained silent, the only sounds being the hums of the cold wind blowing in the air and the rustling of the leaves.

I lost words.
I went speechless.
I took steps back ignoring the pain I felt in my leg.

Does it mean what I think it means?

Everything seemed unfathomable and I didn’t know what to do. Even though some part of me wanted to shut the door close in front of his face and pretend I never opened it. But another part of me wanted to run into his arms and hug him so tight.

I don’t know how I did that and how my hand move, but I shut the door hard in front of his face and stayed still in front of it. I stared long at the closed door, thoughts merging in my head.  Thoughts of Luhan, of their manager, of the other members. Why did I come here….

I looked down for a moment then back to the door. I embraced him between my arms too when he hugged me, I felt warmth and comfort, yet I closed the door….  What have I done? Wondering if he was still standing out there I hurriedly opened the door.

He was gone.

 

Two weeks passed and I have not been able to go out to work.
It’s Friday, I woke up early today since I had a check up in the hospital. I was still using my crutches since I couldn’t walk with the plaster on. I looked down to my leg hoping it will be the last day using the plaster.

 

SEHUN’S POV


[07:03] PICK UP!!

I threw my phone away till it landed on the coach. It was the twelfth text I got from Ji hee since that night apart from the fifty two calls and voice messages. I guess she got a wrong idea from what happened between us. How pathetic. I sighed and turned the music on to practice.
The door opened and Luhan came in. We have not been really talking since the incident that happened with his girlfriend. I shook my head to kick every thought of her trying to sneak in into my head.
“Let’s practice together, I will re-start the music again”
I nodded and we started dancing in sync.

“Hari called me earlier”

I tried to ignore what he said and kept dancing.

“She is coming back today”
   I looked briefly at him, then back to the mirror in front of me before saying: “good for you”

“I missed her here” I hummed then suddenly stopped.

Wrong step. I cursed and went to the music player in the corner of the room.    

“Are you going to start again?” Luhan asked. I looked back at him and nodded “I made a mistake.” I was about to press the button when he beamed “That’s unusual of you”  I stood still then turned around. “Actually…no, I have somewhere to go to. You can finish alone” and then I rushed towards the door closing it behind me. I am in love with his girlfriend.. I want his girlfriend. I couldn’t stand staying with him in the same room. I hated it.

I went out to the coffee shop near SM, the place was almost empty. The scent of coffee welcomed me through the air, the sun reflected on the metallic tables. I ordered an Americano and sat on the chair which felt comfortable and warm.
Today was unusually hot for a winter day. The clouds were gone and sun was shining brightly through the windows. Remembering the embarrassment and the humiliation I felt after confessing to her, the grip in my hand tightened so I grabbed my Americano tightly and drunk from it.

Half an hour passed and I leaned against the chair and closed my eyes only to see her face in the darkness surrounding my mind. I really can’t stop thinking about her. I touched my pocket looking for my phone when I suddenly remembered that I threw it on the couch in the practice room. I cursed between my breaths and pushed the chair back to get up when I felt a really hot liquid pouring on my back.

“What the hell!!!?” I screamed and turned around; a cup of coffee was on the ground and as I looked up I saw two high school girls staring at me.

“Look where you are going!!! “ I yelled again

“Oh look isn’t it EXO’s Sehun” One of the girls beamed at her friend.

“Ohh he is!!! I am so sorry, I will- “ I pushed her hand away as she touched my arm and glared at her. The shock was obvious in their faces. I rolled my eyes and hurried out of the coffee shop. 
 

 

 HARI’S POV

“See you” Luhan said as he closed the door of the practice room behind him. He is going out shopping with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
I walked to the couch in the corner; I was limping a little bit even though I removed the plaster. The doctor said it will get better with time.
As I sat, I felt a vibration beside me. I looked down and I saw a phone lightening up indicating a message. I turned it around and checked the phone case; It was Sehun’s phone.

That night meant nothing to you? I… I read the preview and felt a limp forming in my throat. I stared at it long enough to decide to open the phone and read the whole message.  However the phone was locked with a code patter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter