Chapter 13

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HARI’S POV:

I entered the room of meetings following EXO’s manager and some other producers. I held on the papers between my hands tightly, taking a deep sigh. This is my first time ever meeting with this big amount of SM producers, representatives and the CEO himself. I sat on the chair next to the manager and stared down till the CEO came in and placed himself at the head of the table. We are going to discuss EXO’s next comeback. They started discussing, the songs one by one and which song writers and choreographers are going to work with the boys then the album’s name. I have been taking notes for 2 hours and they haven’t finished yet.

“So, the two visuals of each group will be the center of attention in the music video” One of the producers explained

“Yeah, it would be better if we start off with Jongin at first and then the other members will show up one by one… in M we do the same with Luhan”

“Same for the end”

During the whole choreography and Music video discussion, I was only hearing Luhan’s and Jongin’s names the most. The others are hardly mentioned specially Sehun’s name, which was almost missing. He doesn’t have too many lyrics in the album and now he will seldom show up in the video?

“Wouldn’t it be better if we do something different?” Everyone went silent and looked at me weirdly. Ignoring them all, I continued “I mean…Why not putting Sehun in the front? He can have a solo dance at first and then the others will come out.”

“Sehun is a rapper” One of the producers beamed putting his back idly on the chair.

“Jongin is a rapper” I snapped, everyone glared at me and  I could feel Lee seunghwan’s foot hitting mine under the table but I ignored him.

“Jongin is the lead dancer… and who are you again?”

“Kim Hari, EXO’s co-manager”  I replied shortly before adding “ Sehun is good at dancing too , I mean don’t you think fans will be more excited if we do something different for the new comeback? Like putting the highlight on another member, rather than the two visuals of the group”

“You said it Miss Hari, The visuals … They are the ones we put the light on in every Music Video” One of them said coldly then looking away from my direction not waiting for my answer.
“I think that’s all, right?” The CEO finally said indifferently as if he was not even listening to what we were talking about.
Everyone nodded and got up to leave; I heaved a sigh and left the room behind them.

“Hari!! Wait” I halted my steps and looked at the manager who called me “we need to talk” I could see anger in his eyes. I knew he was mad but I didn’t do anything wrong.

“Since when did staff interfere this much with producers decisions? You are a co-manager, an employee at this company nothing more, you don’t take decisions and you don’t discuss with producers what they do and what they don’t, do you understand?”

“But-“ I tried to explain but he cut me short

”You have to know your boundaries here!! ok? “

I nodded slightly.
“Good” then he left.  

“Finally !! food ~ I am so hungry” Jongin said after letting out a loud whine when I entered the room with the box of food between my hands.

“Why didn’t you go out and get it yourself then? “ I rolled my eyes when he snatched the box out of my hand and opened it exhaling the smell of fried chicken.

“You know I can’t go out, fans are everywhere” He beamed taking a piece.

“YAH , wait !! “ I yelled rushing over and sitting down on the floor next to him after he started eating.

“I heard Elena is coming back today”

“Yeah, she sent me a text yesterday”

“You are still mad at her?” He looked at my eyes before nodding.

“It’s not that big deal, she made a mistake but you should just forget it” I explained

He opened his mouth to say something when the door slammed open, we both looked at the girl stepping closer to us.

“Jongin…” Elena mumbled looking deeply towards the boy sitting next to me.

“You are back!” I exclaimed standing up “How was Paris?”

“I had fun” She smiled at me before stirring her look back to Jongin “Can we talk?”

“I am eating” He pretended to be busy eating.

“I should go, I will leave you two to talk” I inched away from him and walked towards the door.

“Noona don’t leave” He called out. “You can stay” He moved his attention back to Elena who was standing blankly in the middle of the room. “What do you want to talk about?”

“I have been calling…” She mumbled

“yes”

“And sending messages, but you didn’t reply any of them, can I know why?”

“You know why” For the first time, I am seeing Jongin treating his girlfriend coldly, I couldn’t recognize him.

“You can’t be serious!! It’s my work” She yelled

“Your work is not my problem!! But you left without telling me!!”

“I called you”

“Yes, when you were already in the airport, do you know how I felt then? It’s not the first time you do this” His eyes flicked my way momentarily before wandering away. I stood there awkwardly, hearing them yelling at each other. Jongin is making a big deal out of it, but maybe he is right.

“I am sorry, my manager-”

“don”t mention his name!!” he interrupted her.

I chomped down my bottom lip, as silence spread the room. The couple was still standing in the same spot looking at each other’s eyes without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter