Chapter 9

Holding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HARI’S POV:

Coffee, I inhaled the smell that might make me alive again before sipping a little bit from the liquid in the cup between my hands. The plane just took off. EXO-M and I are heading to China right now, their manager asked me to go with them since he has to stay with the other members in Korea preparing for their schedules there. I had no choice but to agree. I couldn’t sleep for the past two days because of the piles of work they give me each day. I was tired and sleep deprived for days. I yawned and put the cup back on the table in front of me.

“You look tired” Yixing , who was sitting next to me, glanced at me with a worried look.

“I am fine” I smiled gently at him. He is such a kind boy.

I looked around and saw Tao swallowing down his doughnut. He smirked and pointed his half of doughnut at me asking if I want some. I just shook my head smiling.
My eyes traveled to the boy sitting next to him. Luhan was looking away, his head facing the plane’s window. I kept looking at him wondering if he is ok. He has been quiet since we arrived to the airport.
After few hours we landed on Beijing’s airport and headed directly to the hotel I booked for them. Tomorrow they have a photo shoot for a Chinese magazine but we arrived early this time. It’s still 3 pm so I decided to go home and say hi to my parents first, I haven’t seen them for about 4 months now.

“I am going to my parents’ house, stay at the hotel and take a rest, I will come at night” I said to Yixing and Minseok at the entrance of the hotel, they just nodded before going in.

I took a cab and went straightly to my family’s house. I was yearning to see my parents, I miss them a lot. After leaving China to go to Korea, I was so busy that I didn’t have time to call them every day. I stepped in the front door with heaviness in my heart. How much I miss this. After a long chat with my mom, I went upstairs to see my room before I leave. It was still the same, just as I left it 4 months ago. Everything was tidy and in the exact same place. I looked at my book shelf on my right and walked closer before something caught my attention. This box.

“I found it under your bed after you left” my mom cut off my attention as she walked in the room “I am sorry I opened it… why are you still keeping that?”
I sighed at my mother’s question before grabbing the box and sitting on my king sized bed.

“I don’t know…maybe I found it hard to throw this away” I beamed opening the thing between my hands. I stared softly at the photo in front of me. This was on my third date with Luhan, we took this photo when we went to the attraction park. I remember him whining at me because I obliged him to take me there, he refused at first, but after a long struggle pleading him, he agreed on going with me. I smiled at myself remembering the sweet memories of that day. There were other photos too, we practically took a photo on every date, I didn’t notice that till now. At the bottom of the box I found a bracelet, I remember this.

-FLASHBACK-

“What are you looking at?” Luhan looked at where I was staring.

“Nothing’” I smiled grabbing his hand “We should leave before we miss the first bus” I beamed at him trying to pull him away.

“You like it?” He asked me on the way to the bus station.

“Hmm” I hummed nodding “ But it’s kind of expensive” I smiled shyly tucking my flying hair behind my ear.

Looking at my eyes deeply, Luhan let go of my hand saying “go to the station, I am coming”

“Where are you going?? The bus is coming soon” I yelled but it was in vain since he already disappeared in the corner.

The bus already came but Luhan was nowhere to be found. I looked worriedly at the street and then back to the bus which already closed its doors and left. I sighed and went back to sit on the seat. We missed it, now we have to wait another half an hour. Where did he go?? After few minutes, my boyfriend came running, holding a small bag.

“The bus just left!!! Where did you go??” I whined.

“Here” My handsome boyfriend smiled shyly at me scratching the back of his head.

I took the bag and opened it. It was the bracelet I was looking at earlier. My eyes got teary, he bought this for me? I looked back at him.

“Are you crying?? I thought you said you liked it, I can change it if you want”

“No… I like it, thank you…oppa”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I held the bracelet between my hands and squeezed it tightly as waves of nostalgia hit me, remembering the day he bought it for me. It was one of the most precious things that he gave me; I remember that I had been wearing it every day back then. It was something that I couldn’t get rid of when we broke up. I hold on onto it tightly thinking that he might come back to me again. But, now, I think it’s time I give it back to him. It will be just a sign for him that I moved on and a step for me to forget about my past with him.

“Mom you can throw the photos away” I beamed at her

“Are you sure?”

“No wait” I took the photo of the park and hid it in my bag “You can throw the rest” I beamed at her and stepped out of the room.
It was already 10 pm, I left my house going back to the hotel, but this time I decided to walk and contemplate the night view of the streets of my hometown. The streets were crowded as usual; the lights of the never sleeping city were nearly blinding, advertisements, signs and posters hanging from almost every building in a dazzling array of colors. I have always loved Beijing. The night air hung with scents of the street vendors and restaurants. A cool breeze clung to my skin as I passed by Hai River. I walked to the fences of the river to look at the view when a familiar figure caught my attention.

“Luhan?” I uttered getting closer to him; he looked at me w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter