Oh!

Of Chest Binders, Oversized Shirts & Boxers...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Words: 1828

It was a Monday morning where everything is back to normal for the students of Jayu Boys Academy. Some are running, afraid of being late for their first period. Some are taking their time buying their favorite cup of coffee to keep them awake after staying late from the day prior. Others are just sluggish, dragging their feet, not wanting to face reality yet.

Inside a secluded room, two students are talking like their topic is undisclosed, confidential. The atmosphere around them is heavy and thick. The two of them came to a still silence. Clock ticking, shuffling footsteps are the only sounds you can hear around them. Wooden legs scrape the stone floor as one pulls the chair under the square table.

“What are we going to do, Mr. Student President?” Luhan asks, placing his chin on the table while looking up at the mentioned man. Junmyeon has his arms crossed, right hand covering his chin. His eyebrows creased, looking at the table. He pursed his lips and opens his mouth to speak but none of the words he thought came out.

“I… don’t know.” Junmyeon is puzzled and looks at Luhan to see a glint shining in his eyes. “Whatever you’re thinking, I don’t like the glint in your eyes.” Luhan smiles innocently and shrugs.

“What are you talking about?” He grins and leans back on his chair, looking up at the ceiling. “I just want to talk to Kyungsoo, because you know.” He glances at Junmyeon then looks back up. “She’s a girl, and she’s staying here in a boys’ school.”

“Can’t that wait?” Junmyeon sighs and shakes his head. The five-minute bell rings, cutting off the momentary silence (and the thick tension around them). Luhan shakes his head at Junmyeon.

“We can. But we”, Luhan points at both of them, “have to find out the reason why.”

“Fine. But not today.” Junmyeon stands. “Let’s go. Class is going to start.” Luhan laughs, following him outside the door, muttering under his breath.

 

The bell rings for the second time, students walk back to their seats. Some are still running in the corridors, trying not to be late and meet the officer in charge. Who would want a tardy slip for the first day of the week? Not them though.

 

Kyungsoo puts on her reading glasses when their first period, Physics, teacher started his lesson about magnetism. “Magnetism is one aspect of combined electromagnetic force.” The class is quiet, trying to comprehend what their teacher is saying. He pulls out a bar magnet. “I’m pretty sure that all of you are familiar with a bar magnet, no?” The class nods and he continues. “A magnet has two poles:  south pole where the magnetic field enters and north pole where the magnetic field exits. Magnetic field lines don’t start or stop.”

“As you all know from electric charges, that likely charges repel and opposites attract. It’s the same with magnets.” He turns his back from the class to hide his forming smile when he sees his class listening to him. “What happens if we break the magnet in half? Anyone?” He faces them, looking around the room. “Jung Daehyun? Would you like to answer?” The mentioned victim, I mean, student looks around, flustered. Not expecting to be called. He stands and rubs his nape.

“Umm… The north pole and south pole will be separated?” He answers looking down on his desk, a little red on his ears. The teacher smiles and nods.

“You may sit. What Mr. Daehyun said isn’t wrong. But”, he grins brightly, “in a magnet, even if you break it in half, there will always be a north and south pole. Even if you break it into pieces, the magnet will remain to have a north and south pole. Okay?”

 

“That Physics lesson almost killed me.” Tao complains while his forehead is on his desk, feeling exhausted. “The day is only starting. What more if we arrived at our Calculus class?”

“God, I don’t want to deal with anymore anti-derivative .” Jongin joins in the complaining parade. “I feel dying.” Kyungsoo just shakes her head at both of his friends.

“You guys need to study more.” She gathers her notebook and book, arranging it before putting it back inside her bag. “Magnetism is just a small fry. Wait until we get to alternating currents.” She smiles at them when they groan at her.

“Shut up, nerd.” Jongin whines, Tao agrees.

“Not my fault that I’m smarter than both of you.”

“Did you just say we’re stupid?”

“Nope. You just did.” Kyungsoo smirks and rolls her eyes.

“Hey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter