apokálypsi

Of Chest Binders, Oversized Shirts & Boxers...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Words: 2534

 

Baekhyun was expecting a lot to happen when she drops by at Chanyeol’s apartment, like reconciling with him. And seeing her best friend, a cup of hot chocolate in her hands, with her knees drawn to her chest on Chanyeol’s couch was not one of them. She squints her eyes and those are Chanyeol’s clothes alright. Kyungsoo is staring at her like she had grown two heads. Then she hears Chanyeol’s voice, bouncing off the walls, “Hey Soo? Who’s at the door?” He came with a toasted bread between his lips, ing shirtless. “Oh.” Chanyeol’s lips were tight as he stares at the person standing at his door.

Baekhyun’s right eye twitches as her lips form a tight smile. “Wow. We just broke up yesterday. You move on fast Chanyeol. To my best friend moreover.” She looks at Kyungsoo with a murderous glare. “And you, I trusted you.” Her gaze turns into a hurt one as tears starts to blur her vision. She laughs when Kyungsoo tilts her head. Her stare saying ‘What are you talking about?’ “And you’re going to play innocent? What’s with the act, Kyungsoo?”

“Okay. What are you on about, Byun Baekhyun? Chanyeol and I, are not having for your information.” Kyungsoo places her cup on the coffee table. She stands and walks to where Baekhyun is rooted. “Would you come in and let Chanyeol explain?” Her hands on her hips as she raises one of her eyebrows.

Baekhyun snorts at her. “What? And find out that you two have been going at it—“ Baekhyun didn’t get to finish her sentence when a loud sound of skin meeting skin resonates through the room. Baekhyun was holding her cheek where Kyungsoo just -slapped her.

“Finish that ing sentence and there’s more where that came from.” Kyungsoo hisses at her, clearly annoyed at her stupid best friend. She grabs Baekhyun’s left wrist and drags her to the couch she was sitting on earlier. “Sit.” She pushes Baekhyun on the couch and then points at Chanyeol who gulps in fear. “You. Sit next to her, now.” Chanyeol wasted no time and sits next to Baekhyun. “You two will talk this out like civilized people. And I don’t want to hear any complaints. Do you hear me? Good. I will go after I change clothes.” She walks towards the laundry room but stops midway. “If I hear you two fighting, I wouldn’t mind on tainting my hands with your bloods.” She hears the two gulp before proceeding to get her clothes.

 

“Where did you find that best friend of yours, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks as soon as Kyungsoo closes the door of his apartment.

“Beats me. I don’t even want to know.” Baekhyun shrugs and lets out a breath she’s been holding before. She smiles and fiddles with her fingers. An action that Chanyeol finds endearing. He smiles and pulls Baekhyun to his arms until she is sitting on his lap.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun. For shouting at you yesterday. For breaking your heart. For making you cry. Those are the three things I promised myself that I wouldn’t do. I’m sorry. But there is nothing happening between me and Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun chooses to stay quiet and listen while her face is buried in the space between Chanyeol’s neck and left shoulder. “Will you believe me if I told you that she went here ten in the evening just to lecture me? I hope you do because that’s what she did yesterday.”

“That seemed like a Kyungsoo thing to do.” Baekhyun leans back and places her forehead against Chanyeol’s. She smiles and pecks his lips. “She would’ve done that to me too, if I’m the one who broke your heart. I mean, she was the one who brought us together.” Chanyeol grins up at her before his face turns into a serious one. “Chanyeol?” Baekhyun blinks as she stares at him.

“My mother left me when I was five.” He starts and Baekhyun gapes at him in shock. “She said she was going to work and will pick me up after.” He holds Baekhyun’s hands and kisses each knuckle. “But she never came for me.” He chuckles and continues, “That’s why when you told me you’re going back to your house, and I panicked. Because you might leave me too.”

“That’s why I’m also thankful for Dara noona and her family. Because they adopted me when they heard that I was in the orphanage.”

Baekhyun bit her lower lip, trying to push her tears back that is starting to form. She exhales and presses her lips hard against Chanyeol’s. She pulls away and throws her arms around Chanyeol’s body. “Chanyeol, I’m sorry.” She sobs. “I... I didn’t-I didn’t know.” She tightens her arms around him when she feels Chanyeol’s trembling arms wrapping around her waist. She kisses the top of his head when he buries his face on her shoulder.

Baekhyun coos soothing words as she let Chanyeol pour his tears and frustrations out. “It’s okay. I’m here Yeol. I’m here.” She pats his hair before burying her face in it. “I’m here.”

 

Meanwhile, in the café near Jayu Boys Academy, there sit nine handsome boys. Lounging and hanging out on a lazy Sunday mid-morning.

“You lucky bastard you.” Jongdae slaps Jongin’s back that earned an ‘Ouch!’ from the tanned male. “Didn’t know that you have that kind of money. You and your fake rich . And here I thought that Junmyeon is the rich one.”

Said male was quiet. Thinking back to the events from yesterday. Being the student council president has its perks. And the pageant yesterday was a success. He smirks and freaks out the people surrounding.

“What the Junmyeon?! Why are you smirking like that?” Kris smacks Junmyeon’s head. “You’re scaring the out of us!” He complains when Junmyeon glares at him.

“What was that for Wu Yifan?”

“You were smirking for nothing, you brat!” Yifan smacks his head again when Junmyeon smirks at him. The others watching their whole exchange with mild interest.

“I swear if Junmyeon wasn’t in love with Kyungsoo, I would’ve thought that he and Yifan are married. Look at them argue.” Luhan whispers to Minseok, who snorts at him which earned a surprised looks from the others, except for Luhan (because Luhan knows everything and he brings out the worse out of Minseok.) Because Minseok never does something undignified like a snort. He chuckles or laughs softly. But never snorts.

Lay stares at him in horror and Jongdae looks at his cousin. “Hyung, what the was that?” Minseok snorts again and shakes his head. “He did it again!”

Someone from their table shouted, “The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter