Chapter 9

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When your soul finds the soul it was waiting for,
When someone walks into your heart through an open door,
When your hand finds the hand it was meant to hold,
Don't let go.

“I miss all of us having lunch together!” Ricky exclaimed happily, as he looked around the table and his eyes were sparkling to see everyone present at the table during lunch. All of their classes had ended and they were having lunch together before the rest of Teen Top, excluding L.Joe, proceeded to their next class. It was a rare occasion to have all of them there together because sometimes KyonDae will go straight to MyungSoo’s class or there were also times when ChunJi or Niel were not able to have lunch together.

Now, having all of them there, seemed to please Ricky very much as the boy cannot stop grinning from ear to ear throughout the hour.

“We just had lunch together yesterday, Ricky smurf.” MyungHee said, while looking at Ricky oddly. She was sitting in front of Ricky while KyonDae and L.Joe were sitting on her each side and to be honest she was a bit disturbed with Ricky getting all hyped about it. He was smiling alone at the table when everyone else was eating and MyungHee had to say, it freaked her out. Ricky pouted upon MyungHee’s statements and purposely took one of MyungHee’s meatballs from her spaghetti, wanting to get back at her. Noticing the look of fury in MyungHee’s astounded eyes, he decided to provoke her more by eating MyungHee’s precious meatball, not knowing what was awaiting him when did that. 

All of them were aghast as each pair of eyes could only watch the naughty smurf savored each bite he had for eating MyungHee’s meatball. There was an ominous silence as each one of them can only pray that Ricky will make it home alive. They all knew very well that no one, I repeat, no one, could simply take MyungHee’s food from her without asking her first. Those who did that, were only asking for a death wish and the gates of doom were waiting for them.

MyungHee only stared sharply at the blue haired boy in front of her without moving even for an inch and that scared everyone at the table except for Ricky who had no idea what was going to happen. Her hand was still holding the fork but she was gripping too tight that KyonDae thought she was going to break it to half. In her mind, she had already planned on what to do to this blue creature for simply taking her meatball and not to mention eat it too!

“Err ... MyungHee.” KyonDae softly called but the girl beside her was too enraged to answer her. MyungHee’s temperature was rising even though it was freakily cold and even L.Joe thought that she will be able to melt down the icebergs, considering how angry she was.

“Yah, you stupid blue creature! Why did you take her meatball?!” ChangJo snapped at Ricky thus at the same time breaking the silence. He happened to sit on Ricky’s left side and quickly replaced MyungHee’s meatball with his. “I’m sure it tastes as good. I’m so sorry on Ricky’s behalf. Please don’t, erm ... explode or something here.” ChangJo said while shooting daggers at Ricky who had continued to eat his lunch as if nothing ever happened.

MyungHee silently stared at the meatball given by ChangJo still without moving even an inch. No one dared to say a word too. Ricky was chuckling like a happy child in front of her while ChangJo was hissing under his breath, telling Ricky to shut up.

It had only been about 15 seconds but it felt so long to the rest of them. MyungHee then finally looked up from her plate and mumbled blankly at ChangJo.“Thanks. That’s ... nice of you.” ChangJo’s cheeks pinked and only gave her a little nod. The rest of Teen Top, however, was flabbergasted to see how easily MyungHee's mood changed. They were expecting a wrestling show there but unfortunately, MyungHee managed to stay calm.

KyonDae, on the other hand, was trying so hard not to smile when she saw those two. She knew that MyungHee and ChangJo were always fighting with each other since high school and always wanted to kill each other. They were friends but at the same time, they were also enemies. In short, they were frenemies!

However, since they started going to college, KyonDae noticed that ChangJo rarely best friend now. He used to irritate her and drove her crazy but KyonDae did not see that anymore nowadays. Not to forget that sometimes when they were having lunch together, he will always try to avoid meeting her eyes. Some of the boys like ChunJi and Niel often teased ChangJo about it and the poor lad always ended up stuttering, which caused the suspicious to grow more amongst them.

ChunJi cleared his throat a little too loudly after witnessing the scene and said nonchalantly which gained everyone at the table’s attention, “Looks like a new couple is in the air ~”He high fived with Niel afterwards who was sitting in front of him. ChangJo threw some French fries that landed nicely on ChunJi’s head and replied, “Stop talking nonsense hyung, and just eat your food!”

ChunJi picked the fries on his head with frustration and turned around to ChangJo before he continued teasing him. “Isn’t it true? If it’s not, do you mind if I give it a shot then? Thanks for the fries though.” ChunJi did not mean what he said at all but he just loved to tease the younger one. He had been doing it a lot nowadays and seemed to enjoy the flustered look on ChangJo’s face. 

“Yah yah yah. What are you people talking about? And stop throwing food please.” MyungHee said seriously before continued to eat her spaghetti.

“It’s true MyungHee ah! ChangJo is going to ask you out!” Niel hollered from the end of the table and the whole cafeteria went silent, thanks to his loud voice. Realizing what he just did, he sank in his seat as he could feel two pairs of eyes were killing him just using their stares.

Laughter broke around the table afterwards when both ChangJo and MyungHee pinked and started to scold Niel at the same time. The poor lad only stared at his plate quietly while being scolded by both of his friends.

“Okay, okay settle down now, you guys. Let’s eat peacefully now.” Cap interfered and at the same time calming everyone down. They were starting to gain attention from everyone around the cafe due to their noisiness and Cap disliked it. He only shook his head and prayed that the next time they had lunch together; it didn’t have to be this vociferous.

“So, MyungHee. What did ChangJo tell you just now?” L.Joe asked inquiringly as he was walking with MyungHee and KyonDae towards MyungSoo’s class. After their lunch just now, there seemed to be a little private conversation with MyungHee and ChangJo at the lunch table. After trying hard to get Ricky of the table, they finally managed to get the busybody smurf out of the picture.

MyungHee turned to both KyonDae and L.Joe who were so curious to know what she talked about with ChangJo. She shook her head seeing the both of them and just walked forward before she answered, “Well, nothing much, really. He just asked me out.” KyonDae and L.Joe squealed with each other behind her before appearing beside MyungHee again.

KyonDae slung an arm on MyungHee’s shoulder and gave her a happy smile, “He likes you, MyungHee ah!” MyungHee looked at her strangely to see KyonDae so hyped about it but before she could say even another word, L.Joe slung his arm on MyungHee’s other shoulder and said excitedly, which almost caused MyungHee to turn deaf. “We’re happy for you, MyungHee!”

MyungHee grunted and looked at her two friends back and forth before shaking her head. She freed herself from being squashed by the two of them and crossed her arms. With an eyebrow raised, she said, “What’s wrong with the two of you? He just asked me out. There’s nothing more than that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter