Chapter 16

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake my faith shaken inside
Images of you race to mind
Did I forget I meant to tell you something?
Only half 'til you have to fall
Only whole when you're seeing it all
Oh you saved something for me.

You resurrected me.
Eyes wide open to dream,
In scattered pieces when you found me.

KyonDae stood there motionlessly with agape; her legs rooted to the ground and did not seem to want to move even for an inch. Her hands were limp and stayed by her side while her eyes did not leave this figure in front of her, who was staring right back at her.

She could not believe what her ears just heard as no matter how many times she processed those three words; it led her back to the same thing.

“What?” She whispered, loud enough only for her to hear, but due to the heavy silence, the other could hear her very well. A tone of disbelief sensed in her question and it mixed with confusion and a little guilt.

MyungSoo took a deep breath before breaking the staring contest between the two of them. He shifted his gaze to everywhere around the shop but her. He then walked towards the bookshelves, still feeling her eyes trailing him. He expected that reaction from her, honestly. MyungSoo knew that was how she would react. Shocked and confused.

He never planned to tell her about this matter, but the longer he tried to hide and keep it; those feelings were killing him each day. He knew that he will regret it soon for confessing to her, but he will not forgive himself if he did not either. At least, he was doing himself a favor by confessing to someone of what he really felt even though he highly doubt that the other was feeling the same.

“You heard me loud and clear.” He answered, back facing her. Even though MyungSoo was not looking at her, he heard KyonDae sank slowly in the chair. He knew she did not know what to say, as he was her first confession. In addition, MyungSoo knew KyonDae never expected this either. In fact, she will never expect it from him. What he said just now must have really made her jumped out of her skin.

“I know this is so sudden to you, but I still want to let you know. You do not have to say anything yet. And I won’t coerce you to.” MyungSoo added, slowly turning towards her with a thumping heart. Deep down, he hoped so badly that she will say what he expected her to say, but he knew it was near impossible.

How can she if she had no idea of what was going on inside her heart in the first place?

A small and sad smile then crept on MyungSoo’s face as he saw the lass’s blank look. “Before you start to ask,” he said, “I’ll explain why.” He moved closer to the counter and sat on one of the chairs. A table separated them and they glad they were.

“I don’t even know myself when did I ever start to have a soft spot for you. I am sure you know all these while that I have been looking at you as no more than a sister of mine. For years, especially during the days when SoRa was under my care, never once had I ever felt anything more. In my eyes, you were just like another sister after MyungHee that I needed to look after. Then I went to America for my studies and when I came back, I learned that SoRa had passed away the day I was already on my way home. I quickly went to see you, knowing that you would need all the support you can get.

When I saw you cried as if the entire world and all its beauty had ended the urge inside me of wanting to care for you more started to grow. I did not realize it at first, until the days came when I started to be one of those people to save you from your grief and sadness. I started to like the idea of being able to make you smile again and since then I have wanted to be the only one who does it. However, I doubt that I am the only one. That was when I realize, I think, that seeing you smile is everything to me, and I want to be the reason why.” He smiled wider as he added, “Remember the first day I took you to the river? I think my feelings became stronger since then. I began to realize why just the mere thought of you keeps me absolutely restless at the oddest hours of the day.”

KyonDae was speechless more than ever listening to MyungSoo’s honest confession. She was at a loss of words and did not know what to say. It was as if her voice was taken away from her, not allowing her to utter even a word and even her brain was betraying her. She was unable to think of anything straight.

She kept her gaze on the table throughout MyungSoo’s explanation and did not dare to look at him at all. If she did, she will feel guiltier for not knowing what to say.

MyungSoo looked up to her and sincerely said, noticing she was troubled, though she did not show it, “You don’t have to say anything yet, really. I do not need to know what you are thinking now. Well, if you do have something to say then I do not mind. But if you don’t, just don’t force yourself to think.”

KyonDae sighed a little, as she felt relieved that MyungSoo was not expecting anything from her instantly. If he did, then maybe they had to stay in the class until tomorrow just to let KyonDae thought things through.

“I’m sorry I don’t have anything to tell you yet.” KyonDae said as she slowly returned MyungSoo’s smile. “I just didn’t expect this coming and... I’ve never gone through any of this before. I never expected it in my whole life.” MyungSoo nodded in understanding and gave her an assuring smile. “Don’t pressure yourself about it. And just so you know, things won’t change between us okay? Just because I confessed to you doesn’t mean it will get awkward between us.”

KyonDae nodded eagerly and smiled. True, nothing will change between them. She will be thinking about it though, but nothing will affect the friendship they already had. “But I have a question though,” KyonDae said, “You’re not telling me all these because of both our mothers’ proposal right? You know the engagement thing that they are all excited about.”

MyungSoo shook his head with a smile as he recalled the dinner, both of their families had. “It has nothing to do with that. In fact, come to think of it, I think you already know by now the reason I said I’m fine with it that day, yes?”

L.Joe was burying himself in his thick blanket while hugging his pillow. It was another day that he was absent from college as he was not well again. But L.Joe wasn’t worrying about the lessons he missed at all. In fact, he was devastated that it was another day that he was not able to meet KyonDae. Not to mention he did not get the chance to send her cookies too.

He slowly opened his eyes as he heard a knock on the door. Without having the chance for him to reply, the door was already opened and five worried looking boys entered the room like lost sheep’s while asking him so many questions at the same time.

“Hyung, you’re okay ??”

“Hyung I’m so worried!!”

“I didn’t realize you were absent to be honest.”

“We bought muffins, but Ricky and Change ate them on the way.”

“Have you taken your medicines??”

“Hyung have you showered yet??”

Being used to the situation, he waited until all of them managed to simmer down before he himself began to speak. All the five boys climbed on his bed and sat in circle with L.Joe in the middle, looking pale but starting to get his color back after the rest he had. They all stared at him as if he was a foreign creature landed from an unknown planet right on a bed, which belonged to Lee ByungHun.

“Your questions are not worthy of any answers at all. First things first. What did you guys tell KyonDae?” L.Joe asked, looking at every member. He barely woke up when it was already time for college and he had completely forgotten to text MyungHee saying that he was not able to come. He w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter